Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Is Honesty Always The Best Policy?

Demonic Angel

Payment not taken  

21 members have voted

1. 1. Should I enquire as to the payment not taken for Club Toyota Membership?

• Yes you should get in touch and pay for what you owe
    • No, you should enjoy the extra cash
    • Maybe you should wait to see if they take it out later on

I renewed my Club Toyota membership on 28th March and got confirmation of my renewal through. It was £59, which I paid in one go on my debit card.

Its now the 13th April, and its not been debited out of my bank account (I wondered why I had £60 more than I should!!) and other stuff that was taken out on the 28th shows as being debited.

I've recieved my membership pack and cards and everything from them, so I'm definitely a member!

But I dont know whether the get in touch and enquire about the payment or just leave it and be happy that I have an extra £60 in my bank this month!

What do you guys think I should do? Should I do what my gut tells me and be honest with them and tell them they havent taken the money or should I leave it?

Just wait for a bit and see what happens ..... sometimes they will get in touch sometimes they wont ;)

Mind you somebody who works there will probably come on this site and read it and send you the bill :lol:

i wouldnt say anything, however Em you do realise toyota read our forums.....

... so your payment may come out sooner than you think :lol:

I've not voted

But if you will spend the money and not have £60 to cover it there in a month or 2 if they ask for it, Ring up and question it.

If your not bothered about getting the bill in 6 months, leave it be, you may get away with it.

Hth

Nick

honesty is always the best policy....

but if you hadnt noticed, you'd be none the wiser either way - so perhaps wait and see if they realise their mistake.

IMO. You supplied the relevent information to enable them to deduct the funds from your bank account. If they neglect to do so then the onus is on them.

If it were me i`d be mindful of the fact that £60 might be coming out of my account and leave it at that. If they don`t take it out, then it`s their loss :yes:

Could just be very late at taking it out of your acct. I've had the same with Amazon. Three months later, they took payment. I didn't contact them tbh but have you ever tried to contact Amazon?! :ffs:

Personally, I'd phone up and ask what's going on. If you have to call RAC out and then someone sees that they haven't taken the payment, it could all get a bit troublesome. But I'm just a pessimist! (However the hell you spell it ;))

Personally, I'd phone up and ask what's going on. If you have to call RAC out and then someone sees that they haven't taken the payment, it could all get a bit troublesome. But I'm just a pessimist! (However the hell you spell it ;))

Excellent point, didnt think about that mate! Thats the last thing I want to be stranded!

If they dont take it out in the next week or so, I'll give them a ring! :thumbsup:

If they cannot be bothered to chase up invoices, thats bad business practice and thieir loss.....

A bit like the other day selling a supra door and forgetting to take the money for it :lol:

I don't know how you can sleep at night, Em :D

And on the subject of truth and honesty,

"I'm going to run all 5km this year!"

I don't want to find I've backed the wrong horse again :D

Paul.

I don't know how you can sleep at night, Em :D

And on the subject of truth and honesty,

"I'm going to run all 5km this year!"

I don't want to find I've backed the wrong horse again :D

Paul.

Cheeky bugger.... :lol::lol:

I can't guarantee I'll 'win' the Race, but I'll be running :thumbsup:

All the way! No stopping or walking, all the 5k! ;)

Thanks for the donation hun, much appreciated - and if I dont run, I'm gonna be refunding a hell of a lot of money! :lol:

i thought ignorance was bliss when i ignored the fact that my insurance company wasnt taking their direct debits, Nine months later they realised and asked me to stump up all of it there and then, which was impossible. They ended up threatening legal action, refused ever again to insure me and had me black listed, all because of their mistake!

I know the amount of money is different but i'd own up :thumbsup: saves a load of hassle in the long run!!

Yes, you know who you are crappy insurance company!!!!

Hmm, tricky one is this! I chose for the last option,

However last year I renewed something (cant say what), got the item delivered and the money wasn't debited from my account..not even ages later.

When in doubt, say nowt.

I'd keep schtum about this, keep the money in your account in case they realise but if they don't it's their problem, not yours. You could always put it into your cancer research fund if you felt guilty about not paying.

Well, they must have read my post because it got taken out of my bank on the same day I posted (13th!) just didnt show on my online account for a couple of days.... :lol:

Oh well, at least I'm paid up! :thumbsup:

Excellent point, didnt think about that mate! Thats the last thing I want to be stranded!

If they dont take it out in the next week or so, I'll give them a ring! :thumbsup:

I agree. If something goes wrong, they may check your standing. It could get messy. Not worth it :thumbsup:

i thought ignorance was bliss when i ignored the fact that my insurance company wasnt taking their direct debits, Nine months later they realised and asked me to stump up all of it there and then, which was impossible. They ended up threatening legal action, refused ever again to insure me and had me black listed, all because of their mistake!

I know the amount of money is different but i'd own up :thumbsup: saves a load of hassle in the long run!!

Yes, you know who you are crappy insurance company!!!!

Thats a bit different to some asking for £59!!! :lol:

I'm honest with friends, relatives etc ..

With corporations in their corporation buildings, acting all corporationy .. I'm not so eager.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links