Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Engine Swap

humphreyz

I have a G-limted mr2 on a K plate , i think the bottom end has packed in as it knocks very loud ,are these engines the AW11? and how hard is it to do an engine swap for the same engine , would i possibly need a new oil pump too ?

its an sw20, aw11 is the older mk1. if your swapping for the same engine then its not too bad, just make sure you get a rev 2 engine, afaik the rev 1 will be a simple swap too, but the rev3+ is slightly different and although it can be fitted its just a bit more time consuming

As mentioned above the AW11 is th earlier MK1 and you really don't want a 1.6 in a MK2 :help:

As long as you get a Rev2 engine it will be simple "plug and play" asuming you have all the correct tools and a decent lift.

If you go for a Rev1 or Rev3+ engine, you will need a complete engine wiring loom and ECU relative to the type of engine. Wouldn't bother going for a Rev1 engine though... Also I think the may be differences in gearbox/clutch assemblies between the Revisions too (stand corrected on this one though).

If you are going for a Rev2 engine, you shouldn't need any ancilliaries unless the engine doesn't come with any or some are knackered.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links