Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

No More Men & Motors On Freview.

Uncle Bob

ITV have decided a new game show on Freeview is better than Men & Motors :angry: , if you were a fan please Sign the petition guys/gals, it may help get it back ...

http://www.kickme.to/savemm

Don't be silly mate... Freeview *needs* another Quiz show for chavs to phone up, using all their hard stolen cash on premium rate numbers! ;)

MM was worth watching for Magnum's cheesy chest wig alone! ;)

I was wondering what was going on, thought it was my digi box... Oh well

Who is phoning all those stupid call in shows?

Men & Motors is a great channel.

I really like the Used Car Roadshow.

The old shows like The Professionals The Sweeney Minder etc are excellent.

Typical of TV companies to annoy us :ffs:

Men & Motors is a great channel.

I really like the Used Car Roadshow.

The old shows like The Professionals The Sweeney Minder etc are excellent.

Typical of TV companies to annoy us :ffs:

The Sweeney is awesome :D :thumbsup:

i've still got it...........but then again i've got sky :D

we did say that about free view, that once they'd got you they'd start taking channels off ;)

we did say that about free view, that once they'd got you they'd start taking channels off ;)

When did you say that?

I want a refund :angry:

:yes:

When did you say that?

I want a refund :angry:

:yes:

I think i said that when they were pushing freeview on the tv adverts !!

:rolleyes: sorry no refunds ... someones gotta help pay for my guinness :P

just get sky and you'll get it back :lol:

Grrrrr. not another quiz channel...

My G/F tried answering one of the questions, couldn't get through but then decided to keep trying....

needless to say i wasn't impressed with the extra £40 phone bill that dropped through the post box. :censor: :ffs:

J

Grrrrr. not another quiz channel...

My G/F tried answering one of the questions, couldn't get through but then decided to keep trying....

needless to say i wasn't impressed with the extra £40 phone bill that dropped through the post box. :censor: :ffs:

J

thats why its more profitable then men and motors then :help:

I must admit, I know that people say Sky is rubbish but we have Sky & Freeview and I have to say the the majority of Freeview channels are pants!!

At least you have a choice with Sky - I can either stick The Hits on and listen to either Will Young or Ne-Yo (they play those on loop) or buy something on QVC/Bid TV/Price Drop TV and spend a fortune on calls/postage.... I know Freeviews free.... but I kinda figure out why - its the channels that no one with Sky would ever pay for!!

As for M&M can't say I watched it but anythings gotta be better than ITV Play!! Yet another crappy ITV channel..... great! :rolleyes:

I have to say the the majority of Freeview channels are pants!!

- its the channels that no one with Sky would ever pay for!!

I disagree DA :blink:

As you know Freeview has BBC 1 2 3 & 4, ITV 1 2 3 & 4, Channel 4 E4 E4+1 More 4 More 4+1, Sky News BBC News Sky Sports News

There is a Hits channel on Freeview and TMF a few shopping channels QVC Bid TV Price Drop TV as you mentioned.

The list goes on, and for no monthly subscription I think its good value for money especially if you are working full time and don’t watch much TV.

Saves me £300+ a year in Sky subs, now that is a rip off... :angry:

But, in my defense.... (if I must!)

We've had Sky+ (Multiroom) in the house since we moved in.... and are getting HD in May

Rich bought me the Freeview for my office - and bearing in mind I've been used to Sky for 2 years, in comparison to that, Freeview isnt that great!! Plus as Kimi says, you're pretty much at their mercy as to what they have available for you to watch, whereas at least with Sky, you get what you pay for.

Just my opinion though, yeah Sky is expensive and if you've only ever been used to terrestrial, then you'll appreciate the extra channels on Freeview, but I just think they could have picked some better ones.... although I do like E4 & BBC3 :thumbsup:

Slightly off topic, but DA, I notice your avatar keeps changing, are the moderators playing around with your settings as well?

:blink:

Thats pretty good.... is this us agreeing on something?? Its a miracle! :lol::lol:

Mind if I nick it? ;) I may have found 'the one' :lol:

On your avatar: I think it has everything... A derriere *and* a cat reference in one!

On Freeview... Ours is called "The CBeebies Machine". Pretty all that ever gets played on it until 7pm, then it's usually BBC3 or 4. Lesley likes watching Gaz on Two Pints.

you get what you pay for.

Exactly... Yeah, a lot of freeview is rubbish. But with BBC 1,2,3,4 and ITV 1,2,3,4 its not too bad for a £30 box on my tv.

Paying £30 to sky every month is a lot of money (something I can't personally justify), but you get more good channels. And, of course, a lot more rubbish channels! Its all down to what you want, and what you're willing to pay for...

And on topic, I too was mortified at the loss of M&M until it struck me that I've seen everything they have been showing a good 3 or 4 times now since they launched. Same old rubbish over and over again. Its no real loss...

On your avatar: I think it has everything... A derriere *and* a cat reference in one!

Well exactly.... :lol::lol: Butts and Cats - its me really isnt it! :lol:

I guess I just think its unfair for you to buy a box for Freeview for certain channels and to have them then taken away.... M&M doesnt affect me much, but thats what I'm saying, you're at their mercy really, but I do like having something other than 5 channels in my office.... so I can't really complain too much!! :lol:

I've just come back from two weeks at my caravan in Wales where I've just added Sky Freesat. Men and Motors is still on that but I was disappointed to find it's gone from Freeview as that's what I have here at home.

Of course, there's a load of rubbish channels on Freesat as well but they're different rubbish channels. :lol:

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links