Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Ring Trip 06

Leeky

Also i have to say Earpl - you are one of the funniest guys i've ever met :lol::thumbsup:

See you all again later on this year hopefully when Nur has quietened down :thumbsup:

lmao i was quite calm :P nice to meet you too pal ;) and caz :) and later this year???? watch this space ;)

• Replies 141
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• jaxx

• Stu8

• Bibbs

• earpl

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Looks like you all had an awesome time B)

So jealous :yes:

Liking the pics - especially those AW11's Leeky posted. Need more info about some of them wheels and offsets they run over there... Any contacts?

Reminder to self: "keep posted about future ring trips!"... Next year :thumbsup:

Hi Garrick - the AW11s were fantastic!! (Yes, Jones~32 & Ed, trust me to take more pics of them than anything else!! :P ) I'm not sure if they made it on track as I saw them at the Jap meet on our first day (in the muddiest field known to man). The red one with the HUGE wheels had a website on - some kind of German fan club but I've forgotten it :crybaby: It was one of the first things I said to Tegan on the trip as I went over to the cars to see if she'd seen them hehe.

unfortunately i wore the wrong shoes again so i didnt get to see the mk1's, everytime i stood down on my heels i lost three inches in height as i sank in the mud! :rolleyes::lol:

thanks to caz for taking the pictures :P

Forgot i had this picture , one for the OWN3D file :

ringtrip004.jpg

:lol::lol:

unfortunately i wore the wrong shoes again so i didnt get to see the mk1's, everytime i stood down on my heels i lost three inches in height as i sank in the mud! :rolleyes::lol:

thanks to caz for taking the pictures :P

Forgot i had this picture , one for the OWN3D file :

ringtrip004.jpg

:lol::lol:

Oh ah forgot about that one. thanks to the dodge ram that got stuck in the mud and decided to thrash the knackers off it trying to get out. he did get out eventually but ratted the side of robs car up with crud. :D :D :D

well one of the highlights was then going to find the jetwash and seriously upseting the german bloke in the garage, who just started randomly swearing (i think)..... at himself :lol:

So you found the Jetwash in the end then :thumbsup:

Hallo...

Not had chance to read the whole thread but i got a text from my cousin stating that one of his mates in a RUF Porka went off backwards at 90mph into a barrier...

Does anyone have any more info on this?

Also.. Did everyone come home in one piece from the TOC lot?

I'd say it was that porsche Fizz as thats the only one i'm aware of that crashed at 90 backwards, He rooked it on the Hatzenbach I believe it's called!

although there was one other porsche that came off that day, but killed two bikers whilst at it!! i hope it wasnt your friend though.........

jammy barsteward you get yours featured on a website :D

erm saw a couple of pics of turbojohn on the other thread, but i think he dislikes MR2's because in the 15 laps i did he must of seen me go round atleast once :unsure:

You were just to fast for him to catch you in action! :rolleyes:

Hallo...

Not had chance to read the whole thread but i got a text from my cousin stating that one of his mates in a RUF Porka went off backwards at 90mph into a barrier...

Does anyone have any more info on this?

Also.. Did everyone come home in one piece from the TOC lot?

I'd say it was that porsche Fizz as thats the only one i'm aware of that crashed at 90 backwards, He rooked it on the Hatzenbach I believe it's called!

although there was one other porsche that came off that day, but killed two bikers whilst at it!! i hope it wasnt your friend though.........

2 bikers were killed!?? :eek:

No, 3. AND the driver of the 911 .. 4 in total :(

Well thats seriously bad news! :(

My cousins mate had to fly home so I dont think he was the driver of that Porsche... :unsure:

Having seen all the pictures and what a great time you all had I’m really pleased I couldn’t make this one…………Just a tick there’s someone at the door………..OK, It’s only a couple of guys in white coats :crazy::toot::nerd::doctor:

Well thats seriously bad news! :(

My cousins mate had to fly home so I dont think he was the driver of that Porsche... :unsure:

Very .. I'd recon there were at least another 2 or 3 deaths too. I saw one biker being pulled out from *under* the armco at one corner. And another GT3 with the front quater missing.

Never nice, but then you live by the sword ..

one of them pics is of me :P

and saw this

Even if you take a selfish view, driving off after a Ring crash is dumb. Instead of a €175 recovery fee and an armco bill, you will be charged for the armco plus:

- the concrete dust needed to cover your oil-slick

- the marshall time needed to lay the dust

- the safety car time taking you back to the scene,

- the track closure time to deal with the oil (at €1350 per hour)

- the track closure time for any subsequent crashes (same rate)

- the track closure time for the police investigation (ditto)

- any ambulances required

- the cost of all vehicle damage from subsequent crashes

- compensation for personal injuries resulting from subsequent crashes

even more reason not to crash

some of the pictures are great, and all the other websites relating to it that are being posted up are awesome too :) any movies gonna be hosted? :D still annoyed I couldnt go this year but kinda glad... I'll be more ready next year :D

glad everyone had a good time and got back safely!

€1350 an hour .. wonder if 100 of us "hired" it for an hour ..

That'd be awesome ..

That'd be awesome ..

sounds like a plan :D

Just picked this up off another english Track Day forum:

Reports of fatalities between Friday and Monday on the Nordschleife are unfounded, but there were many shunts.

There was a Brit who stuffed his car at Kleine Karrussel, only to drive back to the car park with fluids pouring everwhere. Needless to say, several bikers came off because of that selfish and unecessary act. Fortunately the Police gave him something to think about.

Quite a few responses agreeing that there were no deaths.

just found this website. managed to find bibbs on it

http://ringbunny.fotopic.net/c929182.html

Can't see me .. there is a black S2k .. but it aint me ..

Quite a few responses agreeing that there were no deaths.

I hope that's true .. but we heard differing stories on the day ..

:thumbsup: Looks like a great time, as always. I'm not jealous at all...............much :lol:

I so want to come along next time, just for the experience.

:thumbsup: Looks like a great time, as always. I'm not jealous at all...............much :lol:

I so want to come along next time, just for the experience.

Absolutely T :thumbsup:

That'd be awesome ..

sounds like a plan :D
count me in :P :thumbsup:

You were just to fast for him to catch you in action! :rolleyes:

You know me mate, just taking it nice and slow taking in the scenery fella :yes:

Yeah your right but as its a family forum i thought it was probably best not to mention that. :!Removed!:

Although it is unconfirmed.................. (just another statistic i'm affraid)

I found a few more pics of my car here http://www.speed-foto.de/mainframe/EMainFrameset.htm i just e-mailed him my car details and he had 7 pics of my car.

The videos are taking time host, i'm going to put them on google videos but can take a upto a few days to get verified and be posted, hopefully they will be up soon.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links