Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

How Old Do You Have To Look?!

GiJoe90

My Sister got refused at the local Tesco from purchasing some chocolate liquers!? I know it says on the till if they think you're under 21 then you'll be asked but I thought 16 year olds could buy these? Plus it's her Birthday today, she's 27 and whilst she looks young for her years I wouldn't say that young.

The woman on the till wouldn't accept my sisters argument at all. She doesn't have a picture driving licence as she passed before they started to issue them so didn't have any picture ID. The fact she was paying by credit card was maybe a little give away as to what age she was over!!

Do you think they do this for a laugh? I mean the woman on the till might be bitter as she has to work bank holiday Monday!? My sister wasn't impressed and has left a complaint note for the manager :D

Made me laugh anyway, especially because it's her Birthday! :lol:

Joe

Ahh the chocolate liquer crackdown..... :lol::lol: I think you have to be 18 to buy them, eat enough and you can get quite drunk (and sick! :lol: )

I actually get quite hurt that I dont get asked my age anymore, when you're 16 you want to look older, when you're 24 you want to look 16.... :lol::lol:

But yeah, you can't get a credit card until your 18, sure surely thats enough for proof of age, although I suppose it could not be your name on the card....

On my 18th birthday i got asked if i was old enough to get into a nightclub in amgaluf.. the age limit is like 15 over there

that was insulting, only on my 18th bday too :|

But yeah, you can't get a credit card until your 18, sure surely thats enough for proof of age, although I suppose it could not be your name on the card....

Wouldn't they be accusing her of fraud aswell then!? :)

On my 18th birthday i got asked if i was old enough to get into a nightclub in amgaluf.. the age limit is like 15 over there

that was insulting, only on my 18th bday too :|

I've never had a problem myself, always looked like an old codger. Must be the facial hair :euro:

Joe

I always get asked for ID, always have my driving license ready now :laughing::huh:

i get the opposite, ive been passed off for a 37 year old.... two years ago... im nearly 23 now :lol:

i get the opposite, ive been passed off for a 37 year old.... two years ago... im nearly 23 now :lol:

37??

Maybe they think you use Olay?? Theres no way you look anywhere near 27, let alone 37!! :lol::lol:

exactly, we just had a guess the age think when i started in the new department at work and people guessed anywhere between 26 and 37 for me :lol:

i then had to proove i was 21!

so i look old and act like a 14 year old.... typical :P

Good job Ians away for a couple of weeks.... you know he'd love to bite at that!! :lol::lol:

Good job Ians away for a couple of weeks.... you know he'd love to bite at that!! :lol::lol:

bite all he wants, hes the one who can wear 14 year olds clothes

bite all he wants, hes the one who can wear 14 year olds clothes

:lol::lol:

I can wear 14 year old clothes too - I buy kids trainers because they're cheaper than adult trainers! :lol::lol:

I probably look about 30 though.... :lol::lol:

"GIDDLEPIN" Will never look old enough for a "Bus pass"

:rolleyes: :P

That would be you then Les ;) hehehe

I have been asked for ID in Tesco.. both in Warrington and Scunny :P

spose its kinda nice.. and I usually carry passport or my driving license... so no worries.. bit irritation sometimes tho :P

I seem to get both ends of spctrum,

went to hire a van, they assumed i was 30 :o i was 20 at time so very offended, when i told them my age i was turned away!!!

In Asda, at york, i was ID'd for some beers :D

I like looking young

Do you mean those chocolates with poxy tasting alcohol fillings or Alcohol which is basically creamy chocolate brandy, as in the Cadburys stuff I can't find anywhere anymore... 'Cos if you've sourced some of that, you can be my dealer! ;)

:drool::drool::drool: :drool: :drool::drool: :drool: :drool::drool:

She doesn't have a picture driving licence as she passed before they started to issue them so didn't have any picture ID.

Why didn't she show them her paper licence? They stopped issuing them in '98 so that would of proved that she was over 18...... besides it states on licence (old style or new) when the licence starts from and when it expires.

I know they don't have a photo but combined with the credit card should be proof enough.

if she gets id'd she gets id'd, now its not just police who can issue fines its council officials too can issue £80 on the spot fines, i dont take the risk , and if someone starts argueing with me i dig my heels in even more, as in my experiance if they start kicking off they are underage.

i frickin hate it when ppl complain when they get id'd

(just in case you dont know im pub manager)

Me too people think i am older then I am :( Millys little brother thought I was about 30 :angry:

My driving liscence was one of the first photo ones, and I am 24, passing at 17.... But thesco people are too thick to reason with :D

She doesn't have a picture driving licence as she passed before they started to issue them so didn't have any picture ID.

Why didn't she show them her paper licence? They stopped issuing them in '98 so that would of proved that she was over 18...... besides it states on licence (old style or new) when the licence starts from and when it expires.

I know they don't have a photo but combined with the credit card should be proof enough.

She doesn't carry her driving licence as it's just a piece of paper and would soon deteriorate over a short time in a bag/wallet. She has just put her "prove it" card in her wallet which she bought when she was 18 :D

Joe

I always get asked for ID, always have my driving license ready now :laughing::huh:

I used to go out to clubs at 16 and never got ID'd. Now I've hit 25 I get ID's everywhere... it's soo irritating, expecially when the doorstaff have just let in a group of 15 year old slappers... I think they do just do it to p**s you off to be honest. :ffs:

I only get id'd when in the states nowadays (the limit is 21 there) - which usually consists of some gangsta bouncer type looking at my uk passport sayin something along the lines of "you know the queen then buddy" or "so you like socccccccer"......

if she gets id'd she gets id'd, now its not just police who can issue fines its council officials too can issue £80 on the spot fines, i dont take the risk , and if someone starts argueing with me i dig my heels in even more, as in my experiance if they start kicking off they are underage.

i frickin hate it when ppl complain when they get id'd

(just in case you dont know im pub manager)

Yeah.. good point... ppl can get nasty fines if they do sell to underage peeps.. although SOME places do clearly ID some ppl just to p**s them off. One VERY moody petrol station dude springs to mind..

Also.. my mate DROVE into a petrol station over the w/e.. parked up right outside, walked in and got ID'd buying cigarettes??? WTF??

Haha your Sister got ID'd on the day of her Birthday - that's pretty harsh!

I was getting some de-icer in Asda at the end of last year, was with a workmate and we weren't talking (for once), the woman looked at me, said are you over 18? I said "yes" and then she said "oh once you started talking I knew you were old enough" - so it's your voice that gives your age away is it? I don't think so :lol: I swear she had a screw loose. I'd never been aware de-icer was age restricted and never been asked before or after that one occasion!

Oh and a few weeks ago I was with my 10 year old Niece watching some demonstration in Debenhams about a knife that doesn't go blunt as my Mum was looking at something else, they gave out a free tiny knife at the end of it and she said "are you over 21?". I said yes and then she gave me one...makes me laugh that both times they haven't actually wanted proof but they still ask anyway! :lol:

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links