Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

What A Satisfying Day At Work!

LORD_ED

went back to work today after my holiday, back to the job which i pretty much hate and is ruining my life, but at the moment its money.

this pub i work in is about 5 min walk from my old school, so after the first few weeks of my old teachers looking at me and asking me whats my day job :ffs: it all calmed down.

but tonight

A lad came in at start of night, a lad i taught a shed load of it skill too and i practically did his a leval coursework for. I asked him what he does, he now has his own programming company move dinto liverpool , had his own house and is living with his gf, he asks me what im doin for my day job :ffs:

by this stage i was a bit pd off and feeling a bit low

then anothe rlad i went to school with came in, thsi one i taught a shed load of rigging to and also taught him how to use the school recording studio etc etc. I ask what hes been up to, yes he has just got back from abbey fricking road hes been recording in studio number 1 there and is there for the rest of the week. he aske me what my fricking day job is :ffs: :ffs:

arrrrrgggggggh

maybe they were lieing and work in the compactor room at burger king? :unsure:

run with whatever makes you feel most happy ;)

Don't worry.. one more week and Lana will give you a call offer you a bag load of cash and then you can come hang out with me every day! I do have to warn you that it does suck here, but the money is 'ok' and no working weekends!! So you can have plenty of free time to fix your car up and repeat more of the same from Saturday! Nice! :D

You'll probably find they've (as Alan Sugar would say) 'added a bit of VAT' to their story mate.

Don't let yourself get wound up by these peeps. They may be lying, they might be telling the truth - lets face it, the area you work in is a bit 'afluent' so you're probably always going to face people and their so-called success stories because it's in their culture.

It's not nice I know, but you have plenty of time to find out what you really want to do with your life and don't let these people make you think you're worth any less than them. I'm sure you have gained far more from life experiences than them anyway and you can't place a salary on that. :thumbsup:

It's not what you know it's who you know.

I don't know your situation but if you are unhappy considering getting on the career you want to... It may take a pay cut but at least you will be happy, right?

Most people I know in highly paid jobs are unhappy, stressed and have little else in their life but their job.

I took a 10% paycut to quit a 6.5 year job .. never been happier.

The job is interesting, involving, rewarding. I'm treated like an adult.

Just a different culture, one that I'm more comfortable in.

Yeah you always get some people who like to think they've got it all and give out that impression that the sun shines outta their backside, when it's blatently not true :rolleyes:

But aren't you pleased that you have helped these people to become successful? I would be.

Sooner or later, karma works out in the end.

Paul.

Only one reply for people like that:

"I work in a pub"

You win every time, no questions,no come back :thumbsup:

Only one reply for people like that:

"I work in a pub"

You win every time, no questions,no come back :thumbsup:

:laughing:

Good one - something like with all that so-called education and success, they still can't work out where he works :rolleyes:

You gotta say it Ed and look at them as if they're the most stupid people on earth when you do ;) :thumbsup:

Don't let yourself get wound up by these peeps. They may be lying, they might be telling the truth - lets face it, the area you work in is a bit 'afluent' so you're probably always going to face people and their so-called success stories because it's in their culture.

It's not nice I know, but you have plenty of time to find out what you really want to do with your life and don't let these people make you think you're worth any less than them. I'm sure you have gained far more from life experiences than them anyway and you can't place a salary on that. :thumbsup:

Well said.. cheer up boy... you'll soon be working here and then life will be sweeet!! Yeah it's not the best of places to work, the pay isn't amazing but the people are cool and best of all working at the weekends is totally voluntary.. nothing in the contract to say you have to! So when you are asked to work weekends, you can simply reply.. 'I would *love* to, but you see, I'm going to be terribly busy getting hideously drunk with my mates, so sorry, but NO!!!' :D

wel I have been applying for jobs with up toa £15k paycut over my last job and still nothing decent.....

Ed I remember you saying I should go for anything just to get an income, bar work etc... but I said I'd rather go poor for exactly the reason you said... Still something has got to turn up soon...

wel I have been applying for jobs with up toa £15k paycut over my last job and still nothing decent.....

Ed I remember you saying I should go for anything just to get an income, bar work etc... but I said I'd rather go poor for exactly the reason you said... Still something has got to turn up soon...

I'm sorry Charlie but I have to say, that comment is quite out of order. Bar Management has been Ed's career for a while and he's done very well out of it. He has taken a job to earn money for the meantime, despite it being in a lower position than what he is trained in. How do you think it sounds when a friend says things like that about an area you've worked in for sometime?

I've got a lot of respect for Ed at the moment. He's really not enjoying the job, but he's working and paying his own way. If you take every job / offer of help with the view that it's not good enough for you, then you'll be in the dole queue for quite a while.

Stick in there Ed, you've a lot of friends looking out for you job-wise so I'm sure something new will come up soon :thumbsup:

Hey dude ..... Chin up :thumbsup:

Don't worry about it as we all like to add a bit of bull**** to make ourselves sounds good :thumbsup:

Ask the blokes for a job? Something could work out for you :thumbsup:!

If you take every job / offer of help with the view that it's not good enough for you, then you'll be in the dole queue for quite a while.

:yes: I'd rather do *anything* than be on the dole.

tbh, im getting really cheesed at my job atm. Really considering moving, after 4months working for them, its damn irratating. Might be leaving after m 6months are up

Caz you have totally misinterpreted my post :thumbsup:

I was talking basic bar work, not bar manager work... the job in question would have actually made Ed my boss :lol: the other option was tills in Tesco, which is a definite no, and even more so as Milly would have been my boss :lol:

As per the topic I would rather go poor then endure the resulting depression of having a job that I am over qualified for ;) -and use that time to fin something more fitting.

As for the Dole, Ben, I worked out just based on my tax contributions from my earnings in my last year of employment, I could claim for 4 years solid before the total claimed exceeds that that I paid in. That does not include tax paid on purchased items either!!! As far as I am concerned I am getting some of what I have paid, back :D I would rather I claimed back my paid taxes then some low life 16 year old mother of two scum thaqt has never worked in her life, never intends too, and will produce offspring with the same outlook in life :thumbsup:

Not all you tax goes to the dole though charlie.

And I'd rather do a job than I'm over qualified for .. cause I'm defo overqualified for sitting on my *rse watching Tricia.

This is true... some goes to a police service that has totally failed to help when needed, (but lets face it, speeding fines run that these days anyway) other taxes go to an NHS system that I don't use, A schooling sytem I also never used.. Some still goes to fund President Blair’s small army that us uses on occasion to impress Uncle George in fights that are not our business.

Not to mention the huge amount that is spent on supporting immigrants and paying the beurocrats that make so many "state" systems so totally inefficient....

I guess there are the basic utilities too, the leak ridden water system that we are not allowed to use too much, (soon to be replaced with out own well and pumping station) and the dubious power system that frequently gives us power cuts and brown outs...... that we pay through the nose for anyway...

and then the people on the dole who could be out working ..

As I said .. I'd rather be serving fries at Maccy D's and earning a small amount of cash than scrounging off the system.

But that's my own personal views.

Oh dear Ed.. what have you started .... :eek:

I have to say I'd rather be doing something than nothing.. get so bored if I'm sat at home not doing anything.. even if that is for a day or so..

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links