Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Corolla G6 Under Sold?

DuncanB

Hi !

I have recently sold my sisters Toyota Corolla G6, registered in February 98. It had only one owner (female and careful), low mileage, no accidents, metallic blue, alloy wheels. It is the 6-speed model (which i think was special rare model?)

I advertised through Auto-trader at GBP 1,900 - and I have been bowled over with the response. It was sold within 24 hours of me placing the advert on the web, for GBP 2,000. I reckon the guy who bought it off me was in the trade, and will be selling it on (although he said he wasn't)

2 weeks later, I am still getting at least 10 calls a day. One guy from Ireland wanted to send me £2K by registered post, without even seeing the car or the condition that it was in! I had a similar offer from a guy in the States a week later.

I am guessing I have undersold it and could have got a higher price. What would the members of the Toyota Owners Club have paid for such a car?

Also, what is the likely destination for the car? A lot of the people who have responded to the ad sound like they are likely to export it, possibly to Ireland or t0 Asia? Is there a big market for exporting Toyotas or even this model to these parts of the world?

If anyone can shed some light as to why people have been so interested in the car, it would really satisy my curiosity.

Many thanks!

Duncan

How many miles did it have on it? Also what colour was it? Did you check what the car was worth on parkers first?

How many miles did it have on it? Also what colour was it? Did you check what the car was worth on parkers first?

49,000 miles, www.whatcar.com reckoned about £1,800, which is why i advertised at £1,900, expecting to be knocked down a bit on price. Cheers

Reckon you could have got about 3k for it, if it was in top condition was it a 1.3 or 1.6 I thought all 98 onwards g models where g6r's

Sold my G6R on Tuesday for £2,170

So I'm carless at the minute! :( but commuting to work on...

DSC00607.jpg

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links