Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Toyota 3.0td Surf/colarado/prado.

mickey5

Has anyone experienced a problem with this engine?

If you have experience a problem please post here as I have heard of a lot of blown head gasket

and ceacks between the valve seats.

The gasket goes without the vehicle getting overheated or coolant shortage.

Hopefully this will make an interesting discusion.

The 3.0 ltr is not known to have a problem with heads, at least no more than any other make of vehicle, it's the 2.4 in the early Surfs and Landcrisers that has been a problem, and Toyota did a re-design on that.

The 3.0 ltr is not known to have a problem with heads, at least no more than any other make of vehicle, it's the 2.4 in the early Surfs and Landcrisers that has been a problem, and Toyota did a re-design on that.

The reason I posted this is because I have had this problem at about 70000 miles and

trust me I look after this car ,regular service every 6 months and I do under 10000 miles a year

The gasket was breached on the no3 cylinder and when I took the head off I noticed the cracks , more pronunced on no3 and 4 cylinder between the valves.

On another forum they were a few similar stories.

DOn't get me wrong ,the 1kzt and 1kzte are great engines and I would like to know

if anyone on this forum had any problems as well.

• 2 years later...

Just removed head on my kzn 130 3.0 for headgasket only to find cracks in that little notch between valves (the EGR end of the head). Have read that disabling the EGR ( I did) may lead to cracked head.

Would really like to be able to afford a head from the likes of stevo or tonyN but just don't have that kind of money.so has anyone reading this tried one of those non original heads to be found for sale on eBay.

• 1 month later...
Just removed head on my kzn 130 3.0 for headgasket only to find cracks in that little notch between valves (the EGR end of the head). Have read that disabling the EGR ( I did) may lead to cracked head.

Would really like to be able to afford a head from the likes of stevo or tonyN but just don't have that kind of money.so has anyone reading this tried one of those non original heads to be found for sale on ebay.

i just sold a prado after a 5 year trouble free ownership but have heard of heads cracking

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links