Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Surely It's A Crime!

cfc1

Photo0099.jpg

Couldn't beleive it when i saw it in the scrap metal merchants (not even a scrapyard for cars) OK.. it was pretty beat up, but before the big claw got a hold of it, most of the body panels looked reasonably good, the interior looked fine and would have been of use to someone.. only wished i saw it being taken in.. i would have took it myself.

Photo was took on my phone, although you cant see it in the picture.. the seats were grey and black.. the wheels looked straight (with a refurb might have been spot on)... even the glass would/could have been put to good use.

Do people not know what it is the are commiting to a fate worse than death???.

Might sound strange this... But as sad as it is seeing a sight like that, it's often good to see too.

The reason is that many parts from that car (or other in similar state) can help restore another MK1.

It's also a fact of the MK1 life where we are finding more and more cars being scrapped because the owners either can't afford to restore/repair the cars or just fed up with constant maintenance. Like any cars there are bad ones out there. Some of the repair costs are horendous - especially if you can't do the work yourself.

I have spent well over £2000 in the last year making sure my car is firstly fit for the road and secondly fit for track.

My car is build up with so many other cars parts it's barely original. All you need to do is look at my garage to see the amount of work gone into mine.

Incidently I have just broken another silver MK1. Many parts available.

Might sound strange this... But as sad as it is seeing a sight like that, it's often good to see too.

I would fully agree with you if it was in a breakers, but...... The thing with the one in the above picture is.. it isn't in a Breakers Yard, its in a Scrap Metal Merchants, it will be stripped of all non metalic parts (which will be disposed of) and the metal will be separated into its different types and sold on to be recycled (or whatever).

I just feel thats its a crying shame that the car won't be used to help other cars in a time of need.. as i said, there is/was a lot of potentially usefull parts still on it. Also heard today that it was actually driven to its last resting place.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links