Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Mr T Made Me Happy Again :)

Jinxed

Ok I decided to post this here and dont mind if a mod thinks its for general forum....

Id spent the evening, last night, getting my rear fog working, and discovering how to get at the brake bulbs to replace one. I decided afterwards to go see my gf. Having pulled off the motorway, heard a small noise and slowed down, looked at the dash and found 3 warning lights on. I could have cried....

crawled the car round to my gfs only half a mile away keeping my eye on the temp guage and other stuff in case it was really bad. Got their, found myself on the end of unholy displeasure because I immediately phoned my dad, and then the RAC. RAC came out to me, the guy who turned up was fantastic.... identified the problem as the alternator belt(whew), the other belt near it which the alternator belt is behind was still attached :o. Sooooo, he folowed me home and was a consummate professional, full marks to them -great service.

Now sure Mr T isnt cheap.... sure some of the more skilled people can fix their car up as good as new even after say.... it getting melted down into blocks of steel or used as a parking space by a sherman tank but...

Went to bed feeling really depressed and like I was in a world of brown n nasty. Needed car for work, and sadly no other car to rely on anymore. Got up this morning at 7 and waited for Mr T opening time. Bang on opening time, my dad rang them and asked if they could help me get back on the road for monday.... those wonderful Mr T peeps pulled out every stop and told me to bring the car down and theyed try to get a belt(none in stock at that point). By 4pm, i was picking up my car, all sorted, great service and the cost.....

a super happy 41 quid....

The guy who always works on my car there.... is a star! :thumbsup: to you Mr T Mechy... crate of beer is winging its way to you monday morning, though you will have to share it with the others cos theyve been great too :)

The Guys n Gals of Mr T in Bolton deserve much praise for the very appreciated and wonderful service I've experienced EVERY time Ive been there! I actually do feel like they really care about the customers, the cars and their reputation... and i rate them highly.

Glad your back on the road in quick time.... :thumbsup::thumbsup:

It's nice when a dealer helps out and makes all things car wise better again.....

:D :D :D

Hi jinxed..thought for one moment you ment MrT in Wigan near JJB stadium..thats were my little beauty will be goin soon for its 1st service,and that is were i purchased it from when they were at Chorley ,however in saying that i have only done bout 5k miles ,,,cant remember actually if i have to take it 12k miles or 12 months or whichever is the soonest,,gonna get them sort that iiirrrraaaatttaating squeeky clutch pedal out as it is still in warrenty. P.P. thumbs up for your garage though.......

Thought it was important to share this experience as Mr T; when subject of a post, is frequently mentioned in a derogatory way. Though I dare say some people have bad experiences at dealers, and some of them are genuine, some of them are most likely the kind of customers who go into a shop to buy a reduced item, find out its slightly spoiled then go back kicking off like junked up morons because it wasnt exactly perfect, with part of their normal social skills for getting people to help them solve a problem theyre having including such jolly little requests as 'you :censor: :censor: i want to talk to your :censor: manager' and 'It isnt right cos i :censor: say so you retarded donkey desk jockey' and even 'what would you know... you only work here!'

Thanks Chatman for sharing in this happy heart warmer :thumbsup:

And PP I thought it might be you in the red mk3 parked next to my mk2 when i picked her up :) .... you have a clone.... hope you get your clucth sorted nice ;) and it might be good to ring them and check on when they will want to see ur baby as I believe it causes problems with the warranty if you miss the date or mileage :( Hope alls going well for you and I hope Wigin T :D is every bit as good to you as Bultun T are to me :thumbsup:

Hi Jinxed..i dont do clones thats why i have my own plate on LOL. One of these days someone might recognise the car /plate . Actually tomorrow i will ring mr T-Wigan and ask about the warranty and that irratating squeeky clutch pedal....thanks for that P.P. Loving driving with the roof down it gives me a buzzz.

Hi jinxed ...well i booked her in today with mr T in Wigan,,,,,,thanks for the prompt.....P.P.

never really had a major problem with Bentley's Mr T in Warrington... infact generally decent service... tho I have never taken Skye there for service or work... mainly just the odd part..

:)

Glad to here you're back on the road. I dont think Mr T was that cheap though. I changed my alternator belt not so long back, it took £3 and 30 mins of my time.

it took £3 and 30 mins of my time.

If it happens to me again again ya fancy doin mine for an extra fiver? j/k heh :D

Is nice to be back rolling again tho :) the alternative was not working, no money, walking to the garage half a mile away for cigs......

You are lucky there... Good MrT's are few and far between.

I have had nothing but bad service, lies and daylight robbery from various branches on a number of my cars over the years.

I will now sometimes buy parts from them (when I can't find them cheaper anywhere else) and do all the work myself. Least then I know what has been done and that it has been done properly.

Saying all that though, you could take the worst MrT and they would still be a damn sight better than the best Renault main dealer B)

Saying all that though, you could take the worst MrT and they would still be a damn sight better than....

...owning a broken mr2 and having no way to go anywhere bar walk or eeep public transport :o :D

I do envy the people that can fix their cars after like an atomic holocaust in the engine compartment tho.... they have very cool skills! :thumbsup:

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links