Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Painted Callipers

GIDDLEPIN

Got to be a joke surely?!

Im insured with Admiral :!Removed!: :lol:

:lol::lol:

What is the world coming to??

I've heard of insurance companies not shelling out for undeclared mods before... but for a bit of paint on some calipers?? :rolleyes:

Total joke!!!!!!!

I painted mine black when I overhauled them, for corrosion reasons... does that mean my insurance will be invalid :lol: :ffs:

[big long sigh]

:eek: :censor: <_< :ffs:

I feel like phoning mine up and declaring my Rickbrook tax disc just to make sure :rolleyes:

[big long sigh]

:eek: :censor: <_< :ffs:

I feel like phoning mine up and declaring my Rickbrook tax disc just to make sure :rolleyes:

Man! I've got silver zipties holding my plastic wheel trims on instead of normal translucent white ones. I best declare them! ;)

Bullsh!t!

What a load a cr@p!

He deserves to be screwed over if he has not got the balls to get out of that one!

What the hell? :lol:

I work in Motor Insurance claims and saw a claim which had a lot of undisclosed mods on it & the Underwriters imposed an extra £250 excess on it (I do mean heavily modded) which meant he had to pay £350 excess in total. As suggested on that forum he should get an independant report to confirm that the paint will not affect the brakes & contact the Ombudsman about it as that is crazy IMO.

LMAO

Im not sure if he's lieing or not, you can't tell.

Like Special said its something that you could get ot of, but if he's a TT owner you can imagine he's knocking 50 and wouldn't have a clue :lol:

Mine are painted blue i don't think adrian Flux minds :lol:

But if he is telling the truth, it makes you think, about all the little thnigs that are on your car, will they cause probs if you need to claim :crybaby:

I just read the entire 8 pages of that thread. Lots of oddball people buy Audi TT`s it seems. :lol: Anyhoo. It is a bit strange that his car was hit by another party yet his insurance weren`t going to pay????? WTF He`s the one who should be claiming. Strange indeed. :yes:

ridiculous :P

I painted my calipers... they are blue.. look right pretty :P

Rang up Churchill to ask whether anything changed when I got my car colour coded (the strips/splitters etc) and they were like... err no :P so I hardly think painting calipers gonna do owt...

Provided as said on 1st page... he painted the calipers and not the discs lol

Dont under-estimate the power of petty-ness

Insurance companies are the masters of petty!

Can remember someone telling me about putting a claim in and the insurance company wouldnt pay out because they had changed their radio ariel for a new bee sting one! :o i mean WTF! that really is a joke

'yes of course the driver behind me got distracted by my lovely new ariel and decided to plough into the back of me' :rolleyes:

Dont under-estimate the power of petty-ness

Insurance companies are the masters of petty!

They are indeed, the Kings of Petty and Pedantry.

They also seem to selective ignore provided witness accounts - even from speed cops... Me? Bitter? For them writing off a car and claiming "Knock for Knock" when it was obviously the other parties fault for being on my side of the damn road whilst overtaking a pushbike around a blind corner on the crest of a hill - backed up by the speed cop who closed the road for a few minutes to photgraph the tyre marks? Bitter? Of course not... Just fuming! :ffs:

Licenced protection racket.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links