Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

First Pics Posted Of My Car

BIGRED

Hi all :thumbsup:

Well the easter weekend went and the weather was quite nice so i decided to clean the car, took over 7 hours! (no joke!)

Washed it with triple wax then dried it off with a chamois and then began the graft x1 coat of t-cut colour retorer (buffed on), x1 coat of turtle wax, x1 coat of turtle gloss guard polish to seal it all in, Back to black simmons trim restorer, simmons black tyre shine spray, and finaly the wonder wheels (phew!)

My arms hurt like hell but it was well worth the effort :D

http://tinypic.com/view/?pic=w7n5dz

http://tinypic.com/view/?pic=w7n3g2

http://tinypic.com/view/?pic=w7nes2

Let me know what you think please, bye for now :thumbsup:

Very nice, but it has the same problem as every other silver car.... They always look clean and never truly develop a 'deep' gleam or shine. Shame really since there's so many silver cars! Black's best for gleam!

Well done on the effort though... all the back to black bits look exceptionally clean!

Smart :thumbsup: Ya gotta take your time on a good "car wash". I get into a bit of zen mode when I'm washing the car!

I see you removed the plates. Whether or not that is to avoid people seeing your reggie, after near severing my finger on the edge of my front number plate last weekend (sharp as a bl***y razor :eek: ) while cleaning mine, I think I might follow your lead. I just did the rinse, wash, rinse, dry, wax but it still looked sweet. Only thing is, I found another damn paint chip. :(

seveer unaek: Very good point about the silver... Mines sort of silver and looks clean until you touch the surface and disturb the road film, and black looks suhweet when done well.

Yeah but its an Avensis! Taxi!

I like Celicas but not going to join the I love Toyotas band wagon! Nice and clean tho!

The point of that post was?????? There are people that might think a Sillycar GT is an underpowered FWD hairdressers car, but they wouldn't say that if you posted a pic of your pride and joy lovingly cleaned!!

BIGRED It looks like you are as fussy as me about cleaning cars!!! Good work! Always nice to see a car that looks loved!

That looks fantastic, I love spending hours cleaning my car properly....and its pink!!! I just hate it as soon as you step inside the rain falls!!! no T-bar off time or anything.

good job mate.

Michael.

You have made a great job of that mate well done :thumbsup:

however i have one question..it has to be asked........

why are you called BIGRED ?

i was not expecting a silver car :laughing::laughing:

i quite like the avensis :yes:

however i have one question..it has to be asked........

why are you called BIGRED ?

i was not expecting a silver car :laughing::laughing:

It could be for the same reason that I have my forum name Kim........................................It's all rather confusing :wacko::blink: :D

Thanks for your kind words (mostly) everyone :P

Always makes me feel better when other people appreciate all my hard work :thumbsup:

I was given the name BIGRED from a mate at work and so ive addopted it ever since, i think he made up the name because im well built and a red head ;)

Looks absolutely immaculate, I don't think I've spent 7 hours cleaning my car in total since I got it 18 months ago so hats off for the effort

Very nice, but it has the same problem as every other silver car.... They always look clean and never truly develop a 'deep' gleam or shine. Shame really since there's so many silver cars! Black's best for gleam!

Well done on the effort though... all the back to black bits look exceptionally clean!

:rolleyes::lol:Deep.jpg

Deep2.jpg

Very shiney Les, but I still agree with seveer unaek, nothing shines like a gloss non metalic black :D

Polish as I hard as I like, I could see myself in my grey car like a mirror, but it never shows the same deep rewarding shine as a black...

That said, silver is a lot easier to keep clean and hides paint imperfections far better!!!!!!!!

cal1.JPG

Black pearl can shine quite nicely too... for 16 year old paint ;)

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links