Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Gah Why Are There So Many Idiots On The Roads?

BLiTZ

Had a scare this morning, driving to school

I was going through an area near the university where they have those traffic calming chicanes and as i was approaching one of them where i have priority i can see cars sneeking out, at first a rover 75 pulls out but he's moving quick and leaves me oceans of space but as im about 5m away a !Removed! focus pulls out, i stamped on the brakes (not even thinking about my cars lack of abs) locked up and slid about 2m but while i was doing that i have absolutly no clue of what happened to the focus, it got past me without hitting me but i dunno how since there was barely any space at all

talk about adrenalin pumping but scaring the **** out of me

hopefully the tyres will be ok but i guess ill have to take a look at them later

:censor: Focus'

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Karma Supra

• Bibbs

• BLiTZ

• seveer unaek

Top Posters In This Topic

Tyres should be fine - well, my Bridgestones stand up to alot of punishment at least... :D

We've got some of them chicances here, and people always try and sneak through. Unfortunately, there are idiots everywhere mate... :(

I still find it amazing you have such a cool little car and you're still at school! :thumbsup:

I really don't like those stupid chicane things. I have a few lane control things round my way and it's like peeps see a red mist, whether they have right of way or not, they're desparate to get through. I've had a few near misses now and you just don't have the space to react. Very dangerous :angry:

theres two of these round the corner from me :ffs:

im suprised there hasnt been a bad accident yet either, seen no end of people go 'twos up' into them!

normally old goats who havnt got a clue anyway

I personally like them .. you need to know the ones you have right of way etc ..

So then it's bomb it, ease off, drop a gear, weave, bomb it, hard on the brakes, down the gears, hard acceleration, weave ..

The locals don't like the noise, be then if there wasn't these bollards I'd not be making all this noise at 3am.

There's one on Lea Lane in Mansfield Woodhouse which also doubles as a "school crossing" for primary kids.

Great! So people see that the chicane is clear and they hammer it. What also doesn't help is the school run traffic that uses both lanes for parking and that there are actually houses after the chicane where people can park, quite legally, on the road. Meaning that visability to see oncoming traffic (around a corner!) is minimal.

Nice one road planners! Make a road calming measure that becomes a death trap for kiddies at the times of the day when they use it the most! DUUUUUUUHHHHHH! :thumbsup:

There's one on Lea Lane in Mansfield Woodhouse which also doubles as a "school crossing" for primary kids.

Great! So people see that the chicane is clear and they hammer it. What also doesn't help is the school run traffic that uses both lanes for parking and that there are actually houses after the chicane where people can park, quite legally, on the road. Meaning that visability to see oncoming traffic (around a corner!) is minimal.

Nice one road planners! Make a road calming measure that becomes a death trap for kiddies at the times of the day when they use it the most! DUUUUUUUHHHHHH! :thumbsup:

Exactly the same as the ones near me... except the council (in their wisdom) stuck a zebra crossing in the middle of one. So it's clear... you proceed.... then people want to cross.... you stop (positioned in the middle). Then what do you know? In that time someone comes the other way and meets you head on whilst you're waiting for peeps to cross. Flipping stupid. :ffs:

I love the roundabouts with crossings on every entrance and exit ..

Who honestly thought of that ..

Lol. We got a roundabout like that in Banbury. 1 set of traffic lights on one exit, and zerbra crossings on the other three! On three of those exits, you can walk 100 yards (maximum) up the road, and there's nother zebra crossing/ set of traffic lights!

There's also one of those chicanes, in a housing estate, on a large bend.

People park on the road, so you can't see if anything's coming round the corner, until it's too late.

Traffic and people should be segragated ..

Look at Newbury .. MASSIVE roundabout with loads of underpasses. Then they close the underpasses, and force people across busy dual lane roads/roundabouts.

Hmmmm like the ones above the IDR... Tell me, iuf YOU weer pedestrian, would you step out infront of a soarer that has just gone around the roundabout siudeways and is heading for the exit at speed?????

They do.......... :lol::lol:

Hmmmm like the ones above the IDR... Tell me, iuf YOU weer pedestrian, would you step out infront of a soarer that has just gone around the roundabout siudeways and is heading for the exit at speed?????

They do.......... :lol::lol:

Almost stuffed it into a car this morning due to that ..

The guy in front wanted to leave on the 3 o'clock exit, but didn't indicate .. so I'm going to go past him on his left (my right) and stop at the crossing. Pedestrian see's him not indicate and walks out.

Now, he swerves infront of me (no indicators) and brakes because the Ped is now on the crossing. Hmm, thanks fool. He then looks at me like I'm stoopid for locking the front wheels.

I don't get angry anymore .. I just laugh ..

You need one of These dude :D

I am honestly currently tring yo work out if my 12V tripple horn air compressor would run This I reckon I could fit it above the intercooler :D

I have allways hated toyotas crappy "meep meep" horns!

Yeah.. was just gonna mention that.. those things really p**s me off.. Reading seems to be getting a bit of a love for those at the mo.. but then we all know Readings roads were planned out by a load of monkies.... :D

It's soo much more dangerous to pedestrians having those crossings there than having none at all, I'm sure.. at least then they might actually try crossing the road in a better place...

I had a similar scare on the way to work yesterday. Happily leaving the Wallasey Tunnel heading into work in Liverpool (well, okay, not "happily" as it was my first day in work after two weeks off).

Woman in the lane alongside me decides to indicate and pull into my lane. Trouble is, I was still there. :eek:

Jinked to the left, over the rumble strips that remind you you're heading into the tunnel wall and drove around her. My hand was on the horn all the time! :yes:

The car that tried to mate with my Yaris? A red-faded-to-pink (various shades) complete with faded grey plastic bumpers.... C*rs*.

Oh the shame, the ignomy! ;)

We have a chicane like that on the road into my office and people are a nightmare for not giving way!

I just expect people to not, at least that way, I'm prepared!! :lol:

What she said :thumbsup:

Alway prepare for anyone to pull out on you, or fail to give way when they are supposed to!

I sometimes feel that my Yaris is in "Invisible Stealth" mode when other drivers pull out in front of me or change lanes as if I was not there.

Unfortunately it is a sad fact of modern life that lots of people do not look before they move these days :angry:

i get the feeling people think that all yaris drivers are slow dithery old farts so they doint expect them to move fast :-/

i get the feeling people think that all yaris drivers are slow dithery old farts so they doint expect them to move fast :-/

but they don't :huh:

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links