Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Final Choice

zebidi

17x7.5 et35 front and rear

215/40/17 on front and 235/40/17 on rear, will these rub? will i need spacers?

thanks guys!! :lol::thumbsup:

I have that tyre setting same as you for fronts and rears, I also have the 17 x 7.5 j upfront and I think same offset, for some reason et38 comes to mind :blink: however if you've got that size for rear too your probably going to need spacers so they fill the arches and come out enough aesthetically ( sorry cant spell ).

I have that tyre setting same as you for fronts and rears, I also have the 17 x 7.5 j upfront and I think same offset, for some reason et38 comes to mind :blink: however if you've got that size for rear too your probably going to need spacers so they fill the arches and come out enough aesthetically ( sorry cant spell ).

thank you flamby, will have to have a mini meet sometime when i finish t cutting the thing lol im only in oxford.

do you know nick with the red mr2?

thats alright mate, I hope what I typed made sense lol :)

yeah you'll have to come to reading or I'll come up there whatever :D no I'm afraid I don't know nick, is he from reading? is he on here?

*** edit : oh wait you don't mean nick with the mag featured lambo door mr2? I see him around at meets and so on but never spoke to him.

thats alright mate, I hope what I typed made sense lol :)

yeah you'll have to come to reading or I'll come up there whatever :D no I'm afraid I don't know nick, is he from reading? is he on here?

*** edit : oh wait you don't mean nick with the mag featured lambo door mr2? I see him around at meets and so on but never spoke to him.

yeah thats him, not too keen on the doors though............ they are the ones that you open normally THEN fold up i think. whats the point?

these wheels are the ones im getting, et 45 for the 17s on the front and et 35 for the ones on the back as the et is set for the 8 inchers, will this combo be ok?

with 215/40 on front and 235/40 on the back?

They're gonna look sweet as! Shame Rota's are just copies of Jap rims though :(

update, in bronze they would be 17x7.5 and et 35 all round. they would look good in gold though, what do you think on a white MR2?

they are the copies of the ADVAN RGs, they tried to copy the VOLK TE37s but they made one with 5 spoke instead of 6. style is still there though and i know these guys make light wheels

update, in bronze they would be 17x7.5 and et 35 all round. they would look good in gold though, what do you think on a white MR2?

they are the copies of the ADVAN RGs, they tried to copy the VOLK TE37s but they made one with 5 spoke instead of 6. style is still there though and i know these guys make light wheels

the steel grey or the bronze would be my choice , but i think white would look ok if they came in white......

True...very true...but not a bad compromise seeing as they are also only 1/3 the price. I have a set of Rota Torques (Work Emotion Copies) fitted to mine 17"x 7.5" et45 fronts and 17"x 8" et35 rears weighing in at 6.9kg per wheel, I reckon @ £420 they are very good value especially compared to the usual Halfords cheapo crap.

quay4a.jpg

quay2a.jpg

Bob

Would look better in white or bronze :P

ordering white tomorrow!!! :D:D:D:D

dont think they will rub, on the super streets i will be wanting to lower it a tad hope they dont rub

how much of a drop you think i can do without hurting the car?

How far? Well I had a 2cm gap between tyre wall and arch. and the rim was on the very edge of the arch too (so the wheels don't "Tuck under" the arches).

How far? Well I had a 2cm gap between tyre wall and arch. and the rim was on the very edge of the arch too (so the wheels don't "Tuck under" the arches).

blimey! :blink: so if i wanted to lower the car it would be a pain?

i.e rubbing etc.

hated my yaris rubbing, brought tears to my eyes everytime

When you lower you need to stiffen <fnar>

Mine was as low and as stiff as you can get <fnar fnar>

thats cool then :D super street are adjustable damping :D

TRD anti roll bars going on aswell, cant wait to get it back!!!

thats cool then :D super street are adjustable damping :D

TRD anti roll bars going on aswell, cant wait to get it back!!!

what offset did you order in the end?

7.5 ET45 gives about 2-3mm of strut clearance on the front with standard shocks - spacers will be needed if you have coilovers ;)

7.5 ET35 should clear coilovers :)

ordered some BBS RX 17x7.5 and 17x8 int he end, not sure what offset they were but i specifically said to the guy on the phone to fit MR2 with coileys, i get to return them and swap if they dont fit so it's all good :)

My rims were/are ET42 and they were about right. I put 6mm spacers on the front and 25mm on the back after a while to get the "look" I was after ..

There is a lot more to wheel offset and width then "will it rub or not".

Just bunging on anytihng that seems to fit could seriosuly distroy the delicate balance of an MR2's handling!

they are being fitted by elite direct near essex, they have a garauntee thingy anyway, when they put my 17s on my yaris they swapped em back for 16s when i said i wasn't happy with them.

what is the perfect balance? im all for function over form myself.

and hey karma supra!!! long time no post to you lol

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links