Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Final Choice

zebidi

Get the correct offsets .. the stock wheels are not the same front/rear, so the aftermarket shouldn't be either.

It's the problem with 95% of modded MR2's, the front wheels look spot on, and the rears are about an inch or two tucked under the rear arches.

Get the correct offsets .. the stock wheels are not the same front/rear, so the aftermarket shouldn't be either.

It's the problem with 95% of modded MR2's, the front wheels look spot on, and the rears are about an inch or two tucked under the rear arches.

so does anyone know the perfect offset for front and rear? in the technical guide it just says et 35-42

what is perfect for front? and rear? and what is the difference it should be? say 5 more for the back or 5 less for the back?

i want the MR2 to be very stable

I'm running a 17"x7J ET40 on the front (215/40/17) and 18"x8J ET40 on the rear (245/35/18) with Eibach Sportline (-40mm) over standard Rev3 Bilstein's and it sits absolutely right, and the wheels are lined up where they should be... obviously in my opinion. :lol:

mine1_comp.jpg

side_2.jpg

Changing offset from front to rear is not as simple as that, as the width of the rim will also determine how it sits.

offset from front to rear is not as simple as that, as the width of the rim will also determine how it sits.

Exactly .. you want the centre of the tyre to *still* be in the middle.

So moving form a 7J to an 8J you need to add .5J to either side (if you get me).

So for every inch bigger you go (the J rating) you'll move the two edges out by 13mm for the same offset.

I think the fronts are 42 and the rears 35, or the other way round. I've not measured.

ET42's on 8J's were okay.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links