Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Who's At Uni?

Nick SR

Hi all,

Well its coming to the end of my student life, and time to move on into a job, i have one final deadline for tommorow, but can't get into the right frame of mind to finish the assignment i think i may well be a bit too worked up about it.

Anyway, when does anyone else finish?

Nick

About time you got a proper job? (do i sound like your dad?)

It's all just going to start again for me in September!

Then I'll be regressing and going back to school! After 5 years in the real world I'm returning to Uni to study for my PGCE.

I'm just dreading the 12 weeks holiday a year and the 9 til 3:30 days :D

If I pass all my exams and my resits then I finish this year too. Got an interview with Dell 2mo so if that goes well I've got myself a job! :D :thumbsup:

Then I'll be regressing and going back to school! After 5 years in the real world I'm returning to Uni to study for my PGCE.

All the teachers I have dealings with are there well after 5pm!!! Its a common misconception amonst people taking PGCE's!!! :lol: If you want to earn some extra pennies over the summer give me a bell, I have a few million papers that need marking!!!!! :eek::lol:

This is my first year I have never had to do any exams and coursework :D :D

As I graduated last year :thumbsup: !

Although this is the first year im not going to have a HUGE summer holiday :( :crybaby:

Sorry.. but I dont miss it at all!! All that work and you dont get paid for it! Having a much better time now I work all week and have enough cash to have mad weekends... although tends to be a bit of a waste of cash when your recollection of it is a bit hazy.. but still :D

being on placement, i miss the uni life but not the work, when i go back to uni, ill miss the money and stopping work at 5pm

This is my first year I have never had to do any exams and coursework :D :D

As I graduated last year :thumbsup: !

Although this is the first year im not going to have a HUGE summer holiday :( :crybaby:

Oh yeah I forgot to add ...... the 6k debt will still remind me though :( !

I'm still paying off the loan, but fortunately didn't take out a huge one so it costs me around 50 quid from my salary (PAYE).

I remember my last day at Uni and it was quite a weird feeling. My final project dropped into the box, a few drinks with peeps, then walking to the train station and a few good byes before heading home... The weirdest part was knowing that was the end of my studies - no more frantic assignments and rushing to drop them in the box on time!

It's great when you realise that "debt"actually needs paying off.

I was about 20k in debt, and I thought, that's only a years wages :)

Then the taxman took 30%, rent took 30% and food and beer took 30% ..

I paid it all off in 4 years though. Then went out and got another loan, and another car :D

Finished college and been working as a web designer for 2 years. thinking of going uni to get into something a little more focussed when i have a stash behind me.

All the teachers I have dealings with are there well after 5pm!!! Its a common misconception amonst people taking PGCE's!!! :lol: If you want to earn some extra pennies over the summer give me a bell, I have a few million papers that need marking!!!!! :eek::lol:

I was just joking about the hours, and I know that you spend lots of your holiday time planning for the next term/year, but when you add it up it's no worse than any other job.

It was one thing they tried to put me off with when I went for my interview at Uni, from the way they presented it to me, I am guessing that a lot of applicants are put off right there and then when they realise they may be expected to actually work at the very least least 40 hours but most likely 50 hours a week. Considering I currently work 10-12 hour days with a 200 mile commute every weekend, this will feel like a part time job!

Its all going to start for me in september - im scared about going from full time wages and spending it all on me, to having no money :(

But hopefully it wil better my career :)

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links