Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Clutch Problem

dawolf

My clutch has been getting very stiff lately when using the 'bite point'. Have been told it could be either the master or slave cylinder. Is there any way to tell for certain? Apparently it's not leaking fluid but stiffness seems to be getting gradually worse. Any ideas on a price too?

My clutch has been getting very stiff lately when using the 'bite point'. Have been told it could be either the master or slave cylinder. Is there any way to tell for certain? Apparently it's not leaking fluid but stiffness seems to be getting gradually worse. Any ideas on a price too?

I had to have my slave cylinder replaced a few weeks ago when one of the seals went. I was losing a few mm of fuid every week, so i just kept on topping it up, then it finally went... driving down the road, noticed the clutch pedal not 'springing' back as it should, a couple of minutes later when i depressed the pedal it stayed there and i couldn't change gear.

I'd check all your fluid levels first. If thats ok and you can't see any leaks around the seals, maybe try beelding the fuid out and replacing it, may have some air pockets stuck in there.

Slave cylinder cost me around £50 with labour extra. Master cylinder i think is about £70 but not too sure.

HTH :thumbsup:

Mike

you can get a new seal kit from toyota for £14 for the slave

very easy to pop into a slave, hard part is getting the slave off

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links