Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Bargaining Advice - Value Help

MattTodd

Not sure what happened here, I posted and the site 404'd, then I got a blank topic with no posts!

Anyway, heres what I was after. I'm going to look at another MR2 this weekend, it seems a lot more to my liking. It's an 'L' plate import model, and the G-Limited version. It's standard, which is nice, apart from the rear quarter windows have been tinted dark black. It's got around 62,000 miles on it, and has electric everything. The guy who's selling it is asking £4,995, which I thought was a little ambitious for an L reg import, but I could be wrong, so can anyone tell me how much I should be paying tops for it? The bodywork appears to be in good shape.

Cheers,

Matt

you can get rev3 NA's for under 4k easy ..

it's VERY expensive.

you can get rev3 NA's for under 4k easy ..

it's VERY expensive.

That's pretty much what I thought, but sadly I dont have the luxury of going to a private buyer, as I need to part ex my Daimler, seen as no-one wants to buy the !Removed! thing.

I'll have to rely on natural charm and charisma to talk the guy down then, bugger, I'm screwed!

Matt

If it's an L rev3 .. it's about 1500 too expensive (if it's t-bar and a good colour).

If it's actually a rev2, tin top and in a ming colour it's about 3k overpriced.

If it's an L rev3 .. it's about 1500 too expensive (if it's t-bar and a good colour).

If it's actually a rev2, tin top and in a ming colour it's about 3k overpriced.

This is where it gets amusing, it's black, and I have to admit, it does look to be in very good nick, but it's a coupé, so no T-Bar, now if I'm right that drops the price even more doesnt it?

EDIT - Also, anyone know anywhere that's good for insurance on imports?

Cheers,

T-bars are *supposed* to be about £500 ..

Adrian Flux is the popular choice for ins .. either that or grab a copy of Banzai and phone the companies in the back.

T-bars are *supposed* to be about £500 ..

Adrian Flux is the popular choice for ins .. either that or grab a copy of Banzai and phone the companies in the back.

Ok, well I'll let you know how I get on, thanks very much for your replies bibbs, you're a top man!

Don't fancy swapping your turbo for a Daimler do you, it's an economy machine I tell ya ;-)

Matt

:crybaby: Well, the car itself was beautiful, it was an L reg, but it had the really nice back lights, with the centre panel with reversing lights in, it was in immaculate condition, and had only done 60,000 miles. But the cheapest quote I could get on an import was £1,893 on my dads name. I have no no-cliams, so the combination of that and it being an import was a bugger. Adrian Flux quoted me £3,500 :(

On the bright side, I did happen to catch out the corner of my eye, a lovely celica. I'm picking it up on Wednesday :D so at last I'll be a proper member of the Toyota Owners Club!!! It's also on an 'L' plate, its a 2.0 GT, with 17" alloys wheels. It's a really nice deep red. It's also just had a full interior retrim, with black leather, piped with red to match the car. It's got a Toyota 6CD changer, and air-con, and it's a manual. All in all, I'm pretty happy. I turned into haggle-zilla, and I've also managed to get a service, 12 months tax, (MOT obviously) and 12 months Parts AND Labour warranty, and a Thatcham Category 2 approved alarm thrown into the bargain, so I think that's pretty good!

I'll post some pics when I get it over in the celica section!

Nice work .. the GT is a great car ..

Just make sure they actually DO the service. I've been robbed like that before. They stamped the book and did none of the work.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links