Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Mot Time For My Babe

Jinxed

That special time of year has come around again :!Removed!: and im quakeing a lil. Thus far a small fortune has been spent on making my 2 worthy. I have to admit I dont really care about the law, the police, the government or the royal familly.... all the people who decide what we 'should' be able to do. But I do care about me, other average Joe's and other average Joelene's. Thus that 'worthy' isnt really about what they say is acceptable...its about what is good to preserve my own and others safety... all about me n the public.

Getting the 2 into good shape is pretty much the key priority I hold above all others. Stoopid? maybe, unrealistic? probably. Good idea? definately!

My brake discs are shot pretty much. Got me some DOING noises from the back over almost every bump. Petrol consumption seems to have dropped right down again. And theres the interesting issue of the neon light kit thats on her which was fitted by the Mr T whose doing the MOT.

In a few hours Im going to hopefully know whats what on her. Though I hope I can get rid of the yaris courtesy car; not a bad little motor, but far too slow for me, I also kind of hope that someones going to finally say these discs are knacked, your suspension has x problem thats easilly remedied, and the fuel consumption is down to..... oh lord(as jesus's son is censored :o) something small and easy. Hopefully this will be the last essential round of really expensive jobs for a few years. Im prepared for the cost of drilled and grooved discs, if the suspension is ropey... i've got my eye on tein replacemetns with the box that alters the ride hieght, and the petrol.... no idea at all but the engine and turbo are warrantied soooo... hopefully its gonna be cheap and if not I hope its covered.

If all goes well.... it looks like im going to get a small cheap nasty car to get me by for a few months and reduce my petrol spending immeasurably. And while im driving that..... I can get my 2 off the road for the minor panelwork, bodykit parts(not got or decided on what yet), and respray. Then im onto luxury items :D and most likely going to be single as my girlfriend will hate me and my 2 with renewed avengeance... and with good reason....

Must be a day for MOT's as ive had mine today - it failed on the following

1. hazard lights dont work - i didnt know about that

2. front number plate needs replacing , apparently the letters arnt quite black enough as water has got behind it and made them less black :huh: (that sucks because i only put it back on for the mot, so ive got to buy a new one just for ten minutes whilst he says yes thats ok then take it off again :rolleyes: )

3. Handbrake only works on one side - i knew it was ropey but now i know why lol

And advisories:

1. alternator needs fixing on engine properly - knew about this

2. rear wheel bearings will need replacing soon

3. two small patched of rust on bottom of a pillars - also knew about this, its been treated but it does need looking at properly.

So all in all not too bad - a lot of the things i was expecting anyway and none of the things to get it passed will cost very much. So im happy :D

Must be the day :rolleyes: mines failed also :lol:

Glad your not too phased teegs with the results for yours :yes: best of fortune getting yours thru re-test Teegs ;) :thumbsup:

Mine failed on a leaking suspension unit at the back (1 out of 4 so far replaced with a new standard one so 2 after this left to go wrong). a siezing caliper(again 1 out of 4 replaced so far so 2 after this one to go wrong). And blue bulbs in my rear number plate ... :blink: ... stoopid previous owner ... theyre not 'blue' light but they are blue tinged, even tho they dont appear blue at all when lighting the plate doh.

and a few advisories that are relatively small easy things except a balljoint.

im also copping flak for the tein flex and EDFC suspension idea... even tho its my money that will buy it... and im getting the 'your on your own with it, when are YOU going to do it' remarks :( which kind of means i could buy it but then i either faff about myself(never done this before, dont know what im doing at all, and would HATE to get it wrong... esp at speed). Top n bottom, buy standards, get help fitting, cost approx 300 total all round end of day. buy tein, no help, no suspension, n either get MR T to fit or.... well so many what ifs lol needless to say I have no definitive plan at this moment bar shopping therapy... ah bless me, a turbo timer and a voltage stabiliser for 60 quid all in, hope theyre in stock and I thought about getting a new headunit cos mines cack :D

looks like my MOT will run out before the cars sorted so its gonna be a 2 series volvo after thursday lol this is just so wrong lol ah well ill live and the 2 WILL roll again real soon :D

Surely there are plenty of garages that will fit the teins for you no?

My failures sound a lot less costly than yours do, not much consolation for you :(

at least you know whats wrong now, hope you get things sorted :)

Heh she'll be running fine again one way or another! :D The problem with the teins is really down to me just being able to afford the suspension kit at the mom n getting no help from mi dad bless him :huh: , labour costs would sink the plan. If i opt for 1 standard suspension unit ill get help with that, so no labour cost at all and far less outlay for parts. The calliper is also going to be no problem as ill get help doing that also. Honestly this is nothing after a brand new engine(not recon), recon turbo, and the other bits that have been done ;) Just really dont want to make my broke standard mr2 into a standard mr2 :rolleyes:

The main problem is I cant stand the volvo, the yaris courtesy was wonderful compared to that... but then I know when i get the 2 back its gonna seem like i just got her again after some days of driving the battering ram... :thumbsup:

well the calliper and suspension unit are off... calliper was totally siezed on, suspension unit was leaking oil. Looking like im volvoing for the week and then retest on sat assuming i can get the bits.... :thumbsup:

amusing part for me is this would have been the first and possibly only opportunity; given a change of premises soon and the parking situation after meeting, for the hotties :P in the other part of the organisation to check me out in the tubby B) .... now its gonna be them checking me out in the battering ram :crybaby: rofl.... not quite the impression I wanted to impart but oh well :lol: lmao.

Awwww Jinxed... sorry to hear she didnt pass.... but you'll have her back on the road in no time... and hey... she will feel extra special again after a volvo!! :P

Caliper... try brakes international... they were pretty good and quick getting me a caliper... was a litlte costly.. until I realised that they give you some of the money back after you send them your old caliper for refurbing :P

Best of luck sweetie :)

Awwww Jinxed... sorry to hear she didnt pass.... but you'll have her back on the road in no time... and hey... she will feel extra special again after a volvo!! :P

Caliper... try brakes international... they were pretty good and quick getting me a caliper... was a litlte costly.. until I realised that they give you some of the money back after you send them your old caliper for refurbing :P

Best of luck sweetie :)

Got me calliper today from partco :thumbsup: was 100 quidish and they take the old one also. Dont know if good price but it was fast enough :) Suspension unit due on thursday which means saturday will hopefully be the day :D

Thanks for the wellwish JJ :thumbsup: you a sweety also :yes: BUT the guy in the merc I scared today probably doesnt think im sweet rofl... see carpark lol me know bad lmao

suspension units on, callipers on, just gotta bleed the brake :thumbsup:

Good job its nearly back in my hands as ive been getting silly....

1) tried to see if i can launch the volvo a few times :lol: ... too funny rofl.... car revs, feather clutch, let

clutch out fully and chug chug chug looool

2) trying to 'race' anything and everything :huh: ..... I cant describe how scary a 2 series volvo is at speed on roads that are even slightly bendy. It takes a while to get going but when it is .... lmfaro u really get an impression of just how much your life is teetering on the edge of a stoopidity inspired uncontrollable damning accident that your lucky if you dont survive as any judge and jury would have you commited under the mental health act :lol:

one more day of volvo inspired living death :!Removed!: a 'while i wait' mot retest booked on saturday morning n things should be great again :D cant wait ... sooo lookin forward to gettin a dose of turbo power after the utter boredom and scaryness of the 2 series! :yes:

well as always things didnt run quite to plan but hopefully its not a dead loss!

went to pick my mr2 up from my dads garage this morning and set off home to pick up the mot failure papers. Brakes felt wierd. Wasnt just 2 series volvo effect either. nothing was happening till about the last bits of the pedal so probably need bleeding again which Mr T is going to do. DOING noises seem to have been eliminated :thumbsup: car feels good into bends and out of bends... and she feels sooooo sexay after the volvo.

anyways... the while i wait bit is gone and its become while i sit around at home playin a game. this isnt a bad thing but Id really rather have just waited an got her back n hour later but ay well... after the week ive had im jus glad it looks like ill have the tubby back this afternoon some point.

Ive missed her so much i feel like going out and buying her a new momo steering wheel, some nice looking razo pedals, and a nice momo gearknob(though i need to replace the nasty leather trim around the gearstick as it looks like it was taken from a 1000 year old fossilised mammoth).

I can confirm 2 things.....

1) god is a woman

2) i must have been a very naughty boy

true to form.... the last 2 days of glorious sunshine have been hell... trapped in a 2 series volvo with only a growing pool of melting human for company. I made a prediction back there ... that the day I was due to get my 2 back the heavens would open and id get no sunshine. Well that wasnt good enough for the woman upstairs!

went to get my 2 and find out what was going down.... discovered rather pleasantly that the car had passed on all the things it failed on .... but one new thing.... was it another suspension leg? nop, was it another calliper? nop, was it anything that had got worse from the original mots advisories? nop those were all the same....

It was the feking emissions! brand new engine, brand new turbo... and a brand new mot machine instead of the one used last time which passed my car. Oh and then it started to rain. the !Removed! irony of it all lmao. Must admit theres a gal in there whose beautiful enough to get me to smile even in the face of not getting my tubby back, and she has, couldnt help glanceing .... legs that.... oh god not in a public forum its too OBSCENE... gorgeous legs!!!

Soooo.... Ive been told monday .... now im a cynic at heart so monday is spelt friday.... what new level can i hit in the volvo now?..... launches tried and 'failed', races, scary as hell but kind of rewarding, whats there left to do in that thing? handbreaks? attempted j turns? doughnuts? burn outs? i seriously doubt any of these are possible.... but who knows what ill try when the insanity builds up?

and then theres always rum!

Poor Jinxy..... hope you get her back before friday!!! and that this nasty weather disappears!

As for gear gaitors... you wanna try contacting a girl called Rhon on MR2OC... have seen hers first hand.. and they real fab :)

Gonna get some myself ultimately... tho the interior of my lil girl is gonna have a few special twists... just gotta save for it ;)

I think my car is nearly ready for the re-test now

She went in to auto electrians last wednesday to have hazard lights sorted, got my horn wired up properly aswell, stereo now works again and had a brand new aerial fitted! It actually works now cant believe it , i can have radio on in the car lol , that lot cost me a hundred notes

and just booked the car into the garage for thursday this week to get handbrake and alternator sorted, gonna cost £130 for new caliper then whatever the alternator costs, shes just a little money pit!

But when these things are sorted there wont be much wrong with her at all and ill be content, good for a car her age :)

Has your alternator gone Teegs? Could be worth checking eBay for a spare. I hope mine isn't on the way out. Had to bump start Murray at the weekend - fingers crossed it's just the Battery :unsure:

Mr Jinxed - stop perving at the young lady at the test centre! :laughing: :P

no the alternator is fine caz, its not actually fixed to the engine properly, cant remember if ive said it before but whoever tried to fix it last snapped the bolts off inside the block so it needs drilling out and sorting properly, i am glad its getting sorted now even if it will cost me a lot, i want everything working properly :)

Hope you sort your starting problem out :)

Ahhhh so much attention from lovely ladies :D :thumbsup:

Today was crazy but in a mom for that :rolleyes:

JJ :thumbsup: poor poor me lol(lies back waiting for a delicate female hand to stroke my troubled brow, nothing happens.... rubs head with rum bottle, feels all nice :D) thanks for the tip ;) gonna have a see if i can find a piccy of her work and some details reg price tho I must admit im tempted to just get Mr T to order me one out of convenience and lazyness lol me ... lifes just been hassle last couple of weeks ... boss is good but sometimes utter chaos incarnate!

Teegs glad ur baby is lookin up :thumbsup: Hope she flies through this time and all is well with the world for you n the 2 again :yes: oh to have radio ... you lucky lucky person lmao my jap spec radio recieves one channel and its not even a good one lololol ... im almost green with envy! :D

Caz i have fingers, toes and a couple of other extremities crossed that arent mentionable on a familly forum loool but those hurt so i might rectify that situation momentarilly :lol: Hope it is just the Battery and the alternator is fine :yes::thumbsup: n as for me pervin ... im weak .... i couldnt help it .... oh those legs :P

As for my 2 :) I got her this morning ... and it was a good thing kinda :thumbsup: I sa kinda as it wasnt friday and i was happier when i was at first miserable... anyways I nearly lost her on the way home with backend tankslapping... recovered nicely tho and successfully avoided having a crash barrier or passat mod doen on her .... very happy about that but no stuck calliper, more rapid as result and turbo kicking in on a wet road even going straight was.... not very nice lol ... just glad me n the car are still in our seperate whole pieces... I RIDE AGAIN :D :thumbsup:

hope u 3 gals get sorted fast :thumbsup: nice to have your 2's back in good health ;)

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links