Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Think Bike...

Gnome

Shiny side up

Useful website, with a scary ad in it - a bit different to the norm, as a lot of them are aimed at car drivers, so hopefully this will get some bikers to think when they're out on the road too.

Can get yourself a sticker for your "cage" though from the homepage.

Got mine yesterday, and it takes pride of place in the rear window.

Good work keeping up the awareness, Gnome.

I got hit by a bike four years ago despite always trying to "Think Bike". Fortunately, we all survived but it was scary at the time.

I spend a lot of time in North Wales and have been there this weekend and over the Easter holiday. Loads of bikes of course including The North Wales "Mecca", Betws-y-Coed :yes: .

Most riders drive safely and most drivers seem aware of them being on the roads. There are still drivers and riders however who take risks with theirs and others lives so well worth a reminder. :yes:

Oh and the only crashes I saw in Wales this weekend? Six cars driving too closely in one instance and the other... a modded hatch (the police diverted me before I could get close enough to identify it) and a campervan. :rolleyes:

Oh, peterart, the link's 'Shiny side up' in Gnome's post. just click on the words, mate. :thumbsup:

DOH! ...........................honest.............it wasn't there before officer............ :rolleyes:

DOH! ...........................honest.............it wasn't there before officer............ :rolleyes:

Yeah, that's what I said after the bike hit me. :yes:

Lol - I admit, I added it in. Forgot to say that I had done though... :rolleyes:

Now AlJ...................as an ex biker I do not believe in fairies or apologies - but it's a good feeling being right! :D I also know a man who was hit by a bike.......................MINE! It cost him a lot of money, and cost me a leg. Not even a teeny bit of sympathy for anyone bleating about being hit by a bike - sorry. That's why I drive a Rav - I'm waiting for the next Golf to pull out on me................................... :yes:

Yes, I get worried everytime Rich goes out on his bike.... I do try and be more observant now! :yes:

Now AlJ...................as an ex biker I do not believe in fairies or apologies - but it's a good feeling being right! :D I also know a man who was hit by a bike.......................MINE! It cost him a lot of money, and cost me a leg. Not even a teeny bit of sympathy for anyone bleating about being hit by a bike - sorry. That's why I drive a Rav - I'm waiting for the next Golf to pull out on me................................... :yes:

Okay, I'll bite...

1. Wasn't asking for sympathy. I was making a statement of fact.

2. Wasn't bleating either. I thought I was being particularly objective, considering. :yes:

3. Sorry but I didn't understand your first sentence (then it has been a long, hot day so that's probably just me :huh: ).

Oh, peterart, the link's 'Shiny side up' in Gnome's post. just click on the words, mate. :thumbsup:

Told you it wasn't there. There's no need to 'bite', it's a bike thing - (which, after all, is what this is about) it hurts a damn site more laid face down on the tarmac than it does sat behind a wheel thinking 'now where did that come from?' :thumbsup:

Ah, with you now. I genuinely thought you didn't realise the link was those underlined words. I wasn't being sarcastic or anything. Talking at cross-purposes :D

No harm done.

Next time, Gnome, just post the beeping link mate. :lol:

There's loads of these signs around my part of the world. It's a good idea and hope it makes an impact (not literally!) There's one near to where I went off but it doesn't say anything about MR2's :P

Joe

There's loads of these signs around my part of the world. It's a good idea and hope it makes an impact (not literally!) There's one near to where I went off but it doesn't say anything about MR2's :P

Joe

Just going off-topic (again! :lol: ) how are you getting on now, Joe?

Joe

Just going off-topic (again! :lol: ) how are you getting on now, Joe?

Good thanks. Back at work, my 3rd week this week (feels like I've never been away!).

Been swimming lots and actually got back doing some very light weights in the gym last night (man I'm sore)

Joe

Back to the Topic!!

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links