Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

A Bit Mad Is It Not?!?!

Jimlad

well I think it was 101 ... but they done three readings and I wasn't keeping it steady at 3000rpm (stupid right foot) ... so it was probaby read at the loudest it got to.

So if it passes a SVA test at that level then surely they shouldn't be able to fine me?!?

OFF TOPIC Why didn't you let us know you where down here?? :P

lol... well I finished work at 5, left here at about 6ish ... drove down, drove home and got in about 12.30am in the morning!!! ... lmao

Well this is bizarre, although i did think that too loud was illegal, like using a horn after 11:30 in a built up area, that kind of thing!

Oh well, maybe they should test a certain blue MR2 when he has his daft loud exhaust on it like at christmas??? Hehe you know who you are mate :P :P :lol:

...it can be heard coming! :lol:

Too right....

"Is that a plane landing at Bruntingthorpe?"

"Nahh, its Graham turning up...."

:lol::lol:

I tried to be as quiet as possible when going past the afety thing, but I don't think it worked! :lol:

I noticed mate, you were getting the look of death off the guys at the briefing!! Mind u they had to come over to where we were standing moments before because the women were being unruly :P

Haha!! :lol:

I tried to be as quiet as possible when going past the afety thing, but I don't think it worked! :lol:

Best part was he was talking about the noise limits at the time :)

Oh well, maybe they should test a certain blue MR2 when he has his daft loud exhaust on it like at christmas??? Hehe you know who you are mate :P :P :lol:

:ph34r::ph34r::ph34r: Dunno who you are talking about there dicey :bag::wheelchair:

:lol:

I noticed mate, you were getting the look of death off the guys at the briefing!! Mind u they had to come over to where we were standing moments before because the women were being unruly :P

Haha!! :lol:

Dont you mean womAN? Anne was being really well behaved.... some other tart was causing a rucous.... people like that should be given a swift spanking..... :lol::lol:

Dont you mean womAN? Anne was being really well behaved.... some other tart was causing a rucous.... people like that should be given a swift spanking..... :lol::lol:

Hmmm had i have known that i would have instigated this said spanking myself... But thats not for here is it!! :ph34r::lol:

Pay the £30 and forget about it! You broke the law, a !Removed! law, however its a law.

The important thing about sound testing is the position fof the microphone relative to the sound being measured. Did they position the microphone correctly? How did they know at what point the car produces its maximum power and did they take the correct %age? (or did they just say "hold it at 3k, sonny"?) Could you watch to make sure they were doing it correctly?

The only way would seem to be to have an independent test centre measure the sound and wave the appropriate certificate at them (like at the 'Ring :unsure: )

Seems like they were bored to me :rolleyes:

A

PS Has anyone on here actually got an asbo for noise yet :D

I still think 101 is tame .. hell, Ken's 106dB was quiet as anything ..

My mate has an ASBO on his car - Evo 8 FQ-340

Something to do with being reported by local residents for the manner of his driving on 3 occasions and once by the police.

Which in all fairness is fair enough knowing how he drove it when he first got it and I think it actually worked.

The threat of losing a car you just paid £28000 for will do that I guess. :o

You were unlucky there Jim.

My other half has got a pulsar, he has tried to silence it with two different type of exhaunts systems, nowt shuts it up, they have ALOT of back pressure and there all the same, blagg them and say its an import, most coppers havn't got the foggist about imports.

B)-->

QUOTE(Gareth B @ May 2 2006, 03:17 PM)

Something to do with being reported by local residents for the manner of his driving on 3 occasions and once by the police.

Which in all fairness is fair enough knowing how he drove it when he first got it and I think it actually worked.

hmmm how can you have an ASBO on a car?!?!?!?!??! The car doesnt not make that noise its the driver driving the car! So when he sells it does the guy have to say to the new owner, 'ohh by the way its got an ASBO!!! Im thinkin that either the law has totally gone mad or your mate has!

The asbo is against the owner and the car jointly and the manner in which he drives it in a particular area. The punishment is the confiscation of the car.

It's a good detterent but laughable all the same. He's quite mad but not a liar and nor am I :thumbsup:

B)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Gareth B @ May 2 2006, 03:17 PM) </div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->

hmmm how can you have an ASBO on a car?!?!?!?!??! The car doesnt not make that noise its the driver driving the car! So when he sells it does the guy have to say to the new owner, 'ohh by the way its got an ASBO!!! Im thinkin that either the law has totally gone mad or your mate has!

Brilliant , "nope the pulsar cant come out to play , hes grounded for a week ! got himself a &#33;Removed&#33; asbo didnt he ".......

The important thing about sound testing is the position fof the microphone relative to the sound being measured. Did they position the microphone correctly? How did they know at what point the car produces its maximum power and did they take the correct %age? (or did they just say "hold it at 3k, sonny"?) Could you watch to make sure they were doing it correctly?

The only way would seem to be to have an independent test centre measure the sound and wave the appropriate certificate at them (like at the 'Ring :unsure: )

Seems like they were bored to me :rolleyes:

A

Yeah, they had a little triangle metal thing to ensure it was at the right distance from the exhaust etc. But they basically jsut told me to hold it at 3000rpm.

For all I know, they could have been pressing any buttons on the thing to make it read whatever they wanted!

But like I said above, they didn't even have the car on their list, so how can they measure it against anything?

But like I said above, they didn't even have the car on their list, so how can they measure it against anything?

Because as a part of your MOT it's not allowed to be over a certain volume.

So it's an MOT failure, making your car unroad worthy ;)

So it's an MOT failure, making your car unroad worthy ;)

Yep i failed on that :yes:

Exhaust system noise is clearly in excess of that emitted by a similar vehicle fitted with a standard silencer in average condition [7.1.2b]
I still think 101 is tame .. hell, Ken's 106dB was quiet as anything ..

:rolleyes::lol:

quiet zorsts are dangerous <_<

new cars seem to float along silently, if you dont here one coming and forget to look properly when you cross the road.... splat

but if a BWAAARRRRRRPPPPP POP POP BANG comes along, you look up and take heed :yes:

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links