Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Women, Know Your Limits

Bibbs

See, now if we all had motorbikes, we would'nt get this women's insurance malarky, as it's all a level playing field, and most girls are too scared to ride a bike... :D

Not the ones I know. When I had my bike I knew plenty of girls with bikes. They were as good as most of the guys too.

They actually don't. T (Blue84) is more qualified on this, but from personal experience Elephant have beaten a quote from Diamond everytime (and they're the same company). These so-called Women's insurers may offer a slightly cheaper premium but in the long term, you are far more likely to find increases or charges tacked on at a later date. I have a policy with Diamond for my Yaris but only because I phoned up and got them to drop their premiums below Elephant. Most people don't even know they can do this with exsisting policies and go somewhere new instead.

That's because Admiral, Diamond and Elephant are the same company so it doesn't matter how they get the money out of you :yes:

I'm sure there will be some new EU law come into force which stops this sexism anyway :D

Joe

I'm sure there will be some new EU law come into force which stops this sexism anyway :D

Joe

About time too ....... women are complaining that they get it hard yeh yeh

They also complain that they don't get paid the same as men :yes: !

But who gets to retire earlier? The men or the females :yes:

I could go on ...... but i'll let Bibbs ;)

How do you define a better driver?

Some one that has never crashed?

from doing banger racing i would beg to differ, you dont know the limit untill you brake it, and a few bones :)

You know me so well :D

Chivalry or Equality .. can't have both ..

Joe

About time too ....... women are complaining that they get it hard yeh yeh

They also complain that they don't get paid the same as men :yes: !

But who gets to retire earlier? The men or the females :yes:

Ooh 'useful' knowledge from my job!! Women can't retire earlier than men anymore... and we do get paid less than men.. ...also we have to put up with men....

"If they can put a man on the moon, why can't they put them all there?" :lol:

"If they can put a man on the moon, why can't they put them all there?" :lol:

Because if "all men" are on the space craft, it'd mean women would be in ground control .. and we all know how useless women are with computers :rolleyes: It'd never take off, and you know it.

there are rich men and poor men, weak and strong. there are fortunate men and unfortunate men and every other kind of man you can think of.... which men exactly do women want to be equal with?

there are a couple of fundamental flaws with feminism, that even the most eminent female feminists have been forced to admit exist. If women continue to try to determine whats right for women on the basis of what men have they will never actually get what they need.

can we be equal with women for a change?

women get it easy in some instances.... eg. if a woman walks into a bar and starts spouting any old crap about herself to snare a particular bloke for the night its all fair and well. If a bloke does that to snare a woman for bedtime fun... its a potential 7 years in prison and an entry on the s*x offenders register. The laws riddled with bias in favour or the ladies.

second thoughts if women were truly equal to men theyed have penises and id be afraid right now :crybaby:

second thoughts if women were truly equal to men theyed have penises and id be afraid right now :crybaby:

Problem is some feminists, dont want to be equal .. it's not about them growing a *****, it's about cutting yours off :lol:

Nah.. we just like taking the p**s out of you.. it's a favourite hobby of mine.. don't necessarily mean it... most of my mates are male anyway.. but if it irritates you, hell I'll do it, just for a laugh! :lol:

That's exactly it - but this statement in particular folds the report in half;

Women driving Honda S2000s, for example, were 14 times as likely to be involved in an accident than those driving a Ford Fiesta Ghia.

Errr - ok, so what are the claim rates for Men driving the same vehicles? As you say, I probably wouldn't claim for a minor bump in a Fiesta, but !Removed! heck I would if I was driving an S2k!! There are no stats for 'at fault' claims, just says 'likely to claim' which is very weak.

Yep. Also bear in mind the word "claim" coukld mean that they'll claim for any damage that is £1 over their excess regardless of what happened - bear in mind Insurance claims are made up of accidents, fires, thefts - stolen vehicles and break ins and vandalism!

They actually don't. T (Blue84) is more qualified on this, but from personal experience Elephant have beaten a quote from Diamond everytime (and they're the same company). These so-called Women's insurers may offer a slightly cheaper premium but in the long term, you are far more likely to find increases or charges tacked on at a later date. I have a policy with Diamond for my Yaris but only because I phoned up and got them to drop their premiums below Elephant. Most people don't even know they can do this with exsisting policies and go somewhere new instead.

Thanks for the mention Caz :thumbsup: also you have to bear in mind that different Insurers do offer different things on their policies..it might seem like they are all the same underneath it all, but for example some insurers provide a free of charge courtesy car for the repair duration in the event of an accident (the Insurance co I work for does this) yet ones like Tesco don't provide one at all, but they do sell guaranteed hire at an extra cost...so my co could be more expensive for the premium and Tesco cheaper but then when you see what is missing you get a better sense of what is what. Working in Motor Insurance claims means I speak to Policyholders and drivers every single day at work and I do speak to more men than women..fact. I don't know what the comparision between male and female drivers is in total that we insure tho..that will have some relation to what I am saying.

See, now if we all had motorbikes, we would'nt get this women's insurance malarky, as it's all a level playing field, and most girls are too scared to ride a bike... :D

Not the ones I know. When I had my bike I knew plenty of girls with bikes. They were as good as most of the guys too.

Women? On bikes?

Who the hell is gonna get in the kitchen and make me my pie?!?!?

:D :D :D

I don't do cooking, I don't do ironing.. they're jobs for the men.. leaves us to do more exciting things :lol:

Girls are best.. and that's all there is to it :lol:

:laughing:

This thread is funny. The ones complaining that women have 'women's insurance' (yet I'll say again - they insure men too because Lee is on my policy) which is therefore deemed 'sexist', are the ones writing the most sexist comments (be it tongue in cheek or not) :yes:

I have no desire to be wholly equal to a Male. I'm Female and I love most the things that come with that, so I'd never consider myself to be a feminist. I like to have the door held open for me sometimes, the occasional wining and dining or a drink bought for me at a bar, I love getting ready to go out and looking nice... If I wanted to be equal in all aspects of life, then I'd worry myself. Does that automatically mean I surrender my ambition or stop wanting to see some of the silly attiudes disappear, like - 'you're female so you're automatically a crap driver', or 'you should stay at home and cook dinner, do my washing' etc etc? I don't think so. Problem is, I know men will always draw amusement from seeing a woman's reaction to these comments - so they won't dissapear for a long time yet (much like hearing a bad pub joke over and over again).

I really enjoy the fact that I have a successful job, drive and own two cars that I bought because I liked them, have enough money to enjoy my lifestyle as it is comfortably, know and love some great people - so it suits me. Why would I wish to compare my situation to someone just because they're the opposite gender? As for women earning less than Men, there is no point moaning about it - do something about it (incidently both of my immeadiate bosses, who are high up in the company are female anyway). I strongly believe that if you feel that anyone (Male or Female) is earning more in an identical job, without a clear reason, then raise it with your boss/manager. I've done it twice now (not based on gender, but merit and skills) and come out on top each time. No one is exactly going to give away substantial pay-rises out of the goodness of their heart are they? To sit back and say 'oh they get paid more because they're Male/Female' is rediculous and you'll deserve to earn less if that's all you're worried about.

Go on Caz, now get the rant going :)

Totally agree with what you've posted ;)

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links