Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

This Blag Email

Kev Mc

Well, I didn't get the e-mail and IE6 let the virus attack but AVG splatted it good and proper... How'd the "cracker" get your emails?

Nothing worse than some unscrupulous low life going into your personal settings and making changes with a java trojan virus!

B)

Well, I didn't get the e-mail and IE6 let the virus attack but AVG splatted it good and proper... How'd the "cracker" get your emails?

All membership details are usually held in a database so that when a user logs in to the site it checks against that to see who you are..

usually they're SQL databases or similar so all the hacker has to do is gain entry to the server & find the database.

J

I got the e-mail in work but i deleted the thing because it didn't look like the usual e-mails we get from steve or for PMs etc.

I'm too paranoid about these things, i've dealt with enough blitzed hard drives in my time due to virii to think twice about stuff like this these days. We have a test laptop at work and a dirty internet connection which is connected directly to the external router before it hits the firewall so we can test stuff, and we did a test, plugged it into the net with no firewall or Anti virus protection, left it plugged in for 1 min, disconnected and installed some anti virus and spyware and it was heavily infected after just a minute!!

There's that much crud flying around the net these days...

mrt_BA_2.jpg

"I pity the fool who ain't got no protection" B)

Let me get this clear though, out of 28000 people, was I the only 1 who got suckered in?

No... :censor: :crybaby:

No mate. Suckered here too :blush: Just a case of using protection saved me (oo-er missus!). ;)

All membership details are usually held in a database so that when a user logs in to the site it checks against that to see who you are..

usually they're SQL databases or similar so all the hacker has to do is gain entry to the server & find the database.

J

So, basically, a script-kiddie who's been to a "security" site and read how to inject SQL into an Invision board? :lol:

Just came on Toc a few moments ago and when the page loaded, my McAfee software deceted a trojan ......... :unsure:

I fell for it to :crybaby:

What you get for being 1/2 a sleep. :censor:

Run every thing I have but can't find anything?

Back to the drawing board :ffs:

Just came on Toc a few moments ago and when the page loaded, my McAfee software deceted a trojan ......... :unsure:

It seemed to me that it was when a certain banner ad came up.

i dont bother with av software and i reformatted my whole system last night at prox 10pm... anyoone think ive got it? is there any file that winds up on the system that will reveal its presence?

thanks for the time and your thougts

I'm a member of LOC and got the same email from there, but I deleted it forever as I knew it wasn't genuine & that was before I read the email from Em :yes:.

Just a little update, the lad from the computer place has just been in & spent a while sorting the virus, updating my Norton & getting rid of a bit of spyware that had found it's way onto my computer, he was here for just over an hour and a half, he said it was nothing major & now my computer's as good as new. Could have been so much worse though so it's another reminder not to let your guard drop for a second, I almost learned the hard way.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links