Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Steve Mcclaren - New England Manager

Johndcfc

So McClaren is the New England coach with a 4yr contract, what’s everyone think?

He was top notch at Derby before Man Utd poached him off us. Suppose he is a sensible choice after being svens number 2 for so long.

Hopefully he's got no skeletons in his cupboard like sven....

I would have prefered Curbishley or Pearce, but still, he's got experince being Sven's number 2. Good luck to him

I wish we would wait for Scolari, he sounds like he has a much better cv than mclaren.

I don't buy into this notion that we must have an English manager, we should have the best man for the job end of. I couldn't care less how many secretaries they sleep with just about results on the pitch.

I didn't want Steve to get the job. I wanted him to stay with the Boro. We won our first cup EVER thanks to him. We reached the FA cup semi's this year and next week we're in the UEFA cup final.

No manager before has ever managed to come close to this with us, nomatter how renowned or famous they were.

I think it's a good move for England though. He's been involved at a high level for 5 years - thus providing continuity. He's an Englishman ( remember the outcry when we appointed a Swede? ) and he's charged with preparing the way for future English managers to follow. 13 kids from Academy to Premiership this season alone suggests he has that sort of foresight.

I wish him ( and England ) every success.

You weren't good enough for Martin O'Neill I heard! :P

Anyway, I can't really talk being from Scotland and being a Celtic fan! :rolleyes:

he did alright for the smoggies - good luck for england , bad luck for m/boro

I think he'll do a decent job, he knows the players, he's got a decent amount of experience (which is a bonus but not vitally important imo), he seems a nice enough fella & he's English. I think it was essential that the manager was English, I think there need to be a lot more English players playing abroad & for this to happen I believe there need to be a lot more Englishmen managing abroad, how are foreign teams going to have confidence in English managers if we don't have enough faith in any of them to give them the top job?

I personally think it should have been Sam Allardyce though, he's worked wonders at Bolton for a long time with a very limited budget & I think he's taken Bolton as far as he can & I just think it was the right time for him to step up & do the business. Still, good luck to McClaren, red-haired Brits seem to make excellent managers so I'm sure he'll be successful :P

Havent got a clue who the guy is, but its nice to have an English manager for the English National Team... :thumbsup:

Here's hoping we win something for a change! :lol::lol:

Big Sam all the way! Really agree with the comment above about him being ready.

I think experience is less important than pride when it comes to the England job! Give me their squad and I could pick a winning team pretty easily, or at least the strongest team available. How long did it take Sven to get rid of James and Hargreaves and as for Paul Koncheski of West Ham, he would not have ever played for England! You need someone to get the players fired up and to also keep the likes of Rio and Beckham in check as sometimes Im sure they play because of who they are rather than what they have done!

We needed Stuart Pearce! and Im a United fan!

Big Sam all the way! Really agree with the comment above about him being ready.

I think experience is less important than pride when it comes to the England job! Give me their squad and I could pick a winning team pretty easily, or at least the strongest team available. How long did it take Sven to get rid of James and Hargreaves and as for Paul Koncheski of West Ham, he would not have ever played for England! You need someone to get the players fired up and to also keep the likes of Rio and Beckham in check as sometimes Im sure they play because of who they are rather than what they have done!

We needed Stuart Pearce! and Im a United fan!

Big Sam would of been a great choice - trouble is that I think he is too honest and loud for the FA - same reason why Brian Clough never became england manager IMO......

I would have kept sven :D

But then again am scottish :( and not going to the world cup :(

I would have kept sven :D

But then again am scottish :( and not going to the world cup :(

I don't care :D

But the again I'm Australian :) and we're going to the world cup :)

-_- -_- -_- zzzzzzzz

Its hard to get into football when you cant get to grips with the offside rule! :lol:

Its hard to get into football when you cant get to grips with the offside rule! :lol:

Just for Andy .. in a way he'd understand ..

In preparation for the World Cup, the "offside rule" explained for Andy:

You're in a shoe shop, second in the queue for the till. Behind the shop assistant on the till is a pair of shoes which you have seen and which you must have.

The female shopper in front of you has seen them also and is eyeing them with desire. Both of you have forgotten your purses.

It would be rude to push in front of the first woman if you had no money to pay for the shoes.

The shop assistant remains at the till waiting.

Your friend is trying on another pair of shoes at the back of the shop and sees your dilemma.

She prepares to throw her purse to you.

If she does so, you can catch the purse, then walk round the other shopper and buy the shoes!

At a pinch she could throw the purse ahead of the other shopper and "whilst it is in flight" you could nip around the other shopper, catch the purse and buy the shoes!

BUT, you must always remember that until the purse has "actually been thrown", it would be plain wrong for you to be in front of the other shopper and you would be OFFSIDE!

Its a good choice, but personally i would've liked to see big Sam get the job ;)

And Bibbs, thats a quality explanation of the offside rule! :lol2: :thumbsup:

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links