Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Have You Voted?

reece

Yes or No?

One thing I find strange and I would like to know if it’s just my area, but when I vote they provide pencils to mark your ballot paper :eek:

Surly it would be better to use a pen so the vote couldn’t be rubbed out later.

Anyone else have the pencil issue?

Yes

pencils here too, I marked it nice and hard so if it was to be rubbed out then the paper would be indented anyway :thumbsup:

they always provide pencils at our polling booths.

If they supplied pens then they would only get stolen - just like all the ones at Argos or the Bookies.

Erm I don't have a polling card :S Neither do my parents so I guess there are no elections in my area.

Erm I don't have a polling card :S Neither do my parents so I guess there are no elections in my area.

Same here I guess..... :unsure:

Same here - no voting where i live.

J

dont vote & dont want to either.

i did a bit back

but just ticked them all and drew a massive phalus on it

which is my understanding of any political party in general

Already done it by postal vote. Lazy, I know. :D

Aye, a tick in the blue.....

Simple...would vote if there was anyone worth voting for.

No matter who is in power, laws will be passed that nobody wants, asylum seekers will still be let in and the public will still be screwed over owning a car.

The government can kiss my a$$.

Im going to Australia ;)

Not as easy as that though, is it? These are local elections and there are many cases where people vote for the candidate they believe best for their area rather than towing the party line (literally! :D ).

Of course, there are also many people who vote for their political party regardless or use it to register their dissent with the current government.

Still, that's democracy and it includes the right not to vote. :yes:

Al

<not a particularly political animal>

It's London local elections only I think.

If you don't vote you are wasting the chance..........

You either vote for a candidate you want to represent or you use your vote to take votes away from the people in power by giving to a lower supported canidate whether you like them or not....

Each vote taken away from, lets say Labour to the "X Party" is a kick in the fasce to LAbour who then will take that onboard in potentially changing there ways.

Spoiling a ballot paper is immature and doesn't do a thing and you know that!!!!

Of course we could all go live in a dictatorship somewhere then cry home to mommy when our human rights dissapear forever...........

Just don't vote BNP whatever............

u have to vote, its ur right to. Probably wont change the chaotic nature in which the district is run, but its ur right to vote.

Tbh, it should be done over a few days rather than a 1 hit

You either vote for a candidate you want to represent or you use your vote to take votes away from the people in power by giving to a lower supported canidate whether you like them or not....

Each vote taken away from, lets say Labour to the "X Party" is a kick in the fasce to LAbour who then will take that onboard in potentially changing there ways.

Spoiling a ballot paper is immature and doesn't do a thing and you know that!!!!

Of course we could all go live in a dictatorship somewhere then cry home to mommy when our human rights dissapear forever...........

Spot on. I agree with everything you said there, mate. Except one thing. The local elections are up and down the country. :yes:

Voters are heading to the polls in 176 local authorities across England today, with 4,361 seats up for grabs across the country.

clicky

Spot on. I agree with everything you said there, mate. Except one thing. The local elections are up and down the country. :yes:

Voters are heading to the polls in 176 local authorities across England today, with 4,361 seats up for grabs across the country.

clicky

Ah, except my area then............. :lol:

My council tax area is Holderness but 80% of what I pay goes to Hull City Council (Two Sh@gs Prescots domain) yet we haven't got a vote here, if we did there is no way that fat barsteward would be dipping his wick again!!!! :angry:

I got a card ....... didn't vote though :huh:

Wouldn't know who to vote for or there policies :help:

I couldn't agree more, especially with the last point.

In my neck of the woods there are only 4 candidates, Labour, Cons, BNP and an independent. Nobody round here will ever vote cons (we're in deepest darkest yorkshire) so that only leaves BNP & labour realistically. Any vote against the BNP is a well made vote in my book, regardless of who you vote for.

It worries me that people vote for the BNP not realising they are basically the national front in suits.

Leopards and spots spring to mind though. If NOBODY voted labour then the Grinning ***** would just dismiss it as a hiccup/protest vote and continue to filch every last penny out of the country

was far to busy taking a drive to Wales to pick up my new outboard

im just so glad i have my priorities right :lol:

Voting around here (Worcester).

Actually had a wide range of candidates in my area, more than just the "Big Three". This allowed me to vote for local interests, rather than for any national politics. I personally think that anybody that doesn't vote deserves the resulting government that they get and forego the right to complain.

I personally think that anybody that doesn't vote deserves the resulting government that they get and forego the right to complain.

:thumbsup:

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links