Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Air-con Problems

Blue84

Hi All,

Just after a bit of advice really. My Dad has got an 03 Ford Fiesta LX with Air-Con. However the air-con doesn't work, the light comes on but it just doesn't make the air any cooler at all. It's been like it for a while and he mentioned it again when I was saying about driving home from work with the air-con on and tunes playing today :lol:. I know he doesn't use it for 10 mins a month (or whatever it is) like what's recommended & I have told him too - anyone know what the problem is with it not working? It's out of warranty now & with the hot weather I know they'll want it back for their various trips to visit family & holidays coming up soon.

Any help much appreciated!

Cheers,

T :thumbsup:

Open the bonnet, and look at the aircon pump with the engine running, you should see tha the middle bit of the pump is not turning... when you turn the aircin on, a clutch should engage and make the actually pump turn with the engine, if it is not doing this it probably means that there is no gas in the system and the clutch is not enguaging to protect the pump...

Get it regassed!!!!

If the pump is still turning and the air is still not refrigerated, the chances are there is moisture in the system, in which case you'll need a new reciever dryer and the system vaccing down too.....

The same applies if car has had the engine out, or any of the aircon system has been removed...

Great, thanks for that Charlie :)

Any idea of a rough costs involved?

A basic gas on a modern car is about £50 or so.... Thjs is assuming there are no leaks and nothing needs fixing, but they will leak test it first.

If you need a new reciever dryer, A supra one is about £40 or so, I would imagine it will be the same for most cars.... Not sure how much they would charge to fit it (its not hard lol)

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links