Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Company Cars

markoibook

Hi guys,

Just a quick question about insurance, while I think of it.

I am 23 and and have full cover on my car, however my policy does not cover me to drive any other cars.

My company has a few company cars - would I be insured to drive them? I'm not sure about the exact details of their insurance policy - would i be covered even though my insurance does not allow me to drive other cars? Would I be covered because I am under 25?

Cheers for any help!

Your policy excludes you from driving other cars - that doesn't mean that you can't drive other cars if another policy allows you to - just that you won't be covered on other cars on your policy.

It all comes down to what your employers policy states if as I suspect it covers any employee using a company car with the companies permission then you will be fine.

Just check with you employer as to the conditons and wording of their policy.

:thumbsup:

Yeah you would have to check your employers insurance policy, but so long as their insurance is fine with it and if applicable you are put on the company policy, you shouldnt have a problem driving company cars.... :thumbsup:

Quite a few companies will not let their employees drive their company cars below the age of 25 because of the high insurance costs involved.

That is why your own insurance does not cover you to drive other cars

It would be best to check with your transport manager to establish the facts.............BEFORE driving one of their cars................as if you drive without insurance it may just turn out to be one of the biggest mistakes of your life.

Yeah, like Steve says, its important to get the facts beforehand - I used to deal with the company vans at a previous job and the age limit for the insurance was 21, so most of the guys out in the vans were ok, apart from one lad who was 20 and he had to shadow someone else because he couldnt legally drive the works van until the day he turned 21.... if he did, he wouldnt have been insured and obviously you dont want to think about the legalities for a company if one of your workers isnt insured on the works vans and the worst happens.... :unsure:

So make sure its all above board, for definite! :thumbsup:

However, if you are under 25 there are Insurance Companies that do Insure younger drivers on Fleet Policies..the company I for insures fleet vehicles and there are many various endorsements which can be on them regarding who's restricted to what vehicle etc. It really depends on the Insurer and what your Company requested when they took out the Policy. It'll the certificate or schedule that would give the full breakdown of cover I believe :thumbsup:

I love company cars :!Removed!: :P

I have one briefly and it got some serious abuse :D

I've just got a good deal on a 2nd car policy. I'm only 23 so on my Celica Insurance I can't drive other cars etc, but I've just got a second car and I've got a classic insurance policy with that and I noticed when the policy came through that it covers me to drive any other car 3rd party - and for the price of the insurance it was well worth it!

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links