Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Cat Tests For Cars Over 92

Leeky

They are ceramic. If I decat, I think that will increase the rotational speed of the turbos. I don't want them going pop, which is not uncommon on Soarers apparently.

Plus I still remember driving in convoy behind your Supra ... I had to close the airvents in order to avoid asphyxiation :D

Paul.

:lol:

Thats the smell of a real engine :D :lol:

I've got the ceramics too - same ones you have on your soarer, and they are ok as long as your stay below 1.2bar boost. The Aristo runs about 0.8bar standard and with the decat it should run about 1-1.1bar. As long as you dont try to push them too hard they will be fine :thumbsup:

Turbo Technics do a nice metal internaled hybrid for the 1JZ! Adi that sometiems lurks in the supra section here has them on his JZA-70 aero. If you have the cas, want more poke and strength but don't want to go silly I'd say they are a very worth while investment :D

Turbo Technics do a nice metal internaled hybrid for the 1JZ!

Does it spin up as fast as the ceramic one, though? That will be more of an issue on the parallel turbo engine.

Paul.

Does it spin up as fast as the ceramic one, though? That will be more of an issue on the parallel turbo engine.

Paul.

Yes they will take longer :yes: they'll weigh a lot more than the cermic ones.

Paul.

Yes they will take longer :yes: they'll weigh a lot more than the cermic ones.

yet i doubt anyone will hardly notice :rolleyes: not in terms of a road car anyway!

You'd expect so but i noticed that my red uk supra with metal turbos took a noticeably bit longer to come on power compared to the jdm cars with ceramic blades :yes:

The way the power is delivered is different :)

The official cut off point is august '92 (i.e. anything before "K" plate), that said I pleeded that my supra was "late registered" and they let it go anyway :D

As for "unregisterd imports" I am not sure, as both my soarers were J plates!!!!

I had a K plate calibra and that was exempt so you wrong but possibly only by a couple of months, It could be anything from 93 onwards as that would mean early K platers were exempt.

EDIT - Having just read a few posts it appears my MOT test centre must have been dodgy! :lol::lol:

The official cut off point is august '92 (i.e. anything before "K" plate), that said I pleeded that my supra was "late registered" and they let it go anyway :D

As for "unregisterd imports" I am not sure, as both my soarers were J plates!!!!

I had a K plate calibra and that was exempt so you wrong but possibly only by a couple of months, It could be anything from 93 onwards as that would mean early K platers were exempt.

EDIT - Having just read a few posts it appears my MOT test centre must have been dodgy! :lol::lol:

If it was exempt then it would have been the manufacture date that was before the cut off. A car built in 1992 for example but sold in 1993 would get a k plate. See what i mean :thumbsup:

My Aristo was first registered in Japan in January 1995 but it was built in 1994. So should be MOT'd on 1994 emissions levels (Even though they are the same as 1995 anyway)

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links