Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Problems With Website

Steve

Hi Folks

I have had a few people complaining of errors on the website the last few days.

The error only occurs for Internet Explorer users. The screen goes blank with the letter H in the corner of the screen.

Has anyone experienced this problem at all??

many thanks

I've had problems on my laptop, keeps saying the page cannot be displayed yet in Firefox it goes on straight away and on my Dad's PC (which I am on now using IE) it's fine. However, when I first came on here the screen was blank with a H in the corner like you said..I was using a link to the site with /forums at the end. When I removed the /forums and got onto the site "homepage" it was ok.

Very odd :wacko:

I'm on IE and no probs......................that could be the kiss of death......... :!Removed!:

Working fine here on both IE and Firefox. :thumbsup:

plenty of faults using opera browser, like crap advert floating ontop of the quick reply box.............

Im using IE and its working fine atm ;)

plenty of faults using opera browser, like crap advert floating ontop of the quick reply box.............

yup same here. does my head in

No problems on either my desktop or the laptop, although, dispite the trouble the other day, I have noticed TOC does seem to be down lot recently, or painfully slow to load and refresh... I am sure its not my connection as other sites seem unaffected!

Site has been rnning normal for the last few days charlie.. no reports of the server under any pressure and I have not noticed anything myself.

I am tryijg to see out that dreaded H.. weirdest thing i have ever come across

I keep getting network errors .. ‘ICAP Error (icap_error). An error occurred while performing an ICAP operation: There could be a network problem, the ICAP service may be misconfigured, or the ICAP server may have reported an error’. .. (since just before the weekend) although I assume thats not a TOC problem but one here..?

btw.. use IE (:P) at work..

I quite often get page not responding when posting a reply etc, if I press try again it just keeps coming back saying "page not responding" if I then open another window and go anywhere on TOC then go back to the page not responding and click try again it works - weird but it only does it on TOC and not on any other site - I use Firefox

Here at work if I go direct to the forums (www.toyotaownersclub.com/forums) in IE (6 SP2) and I've not visited for a while, I just get a completely blank page.

If I hit refresh on the blank page, it loads as normal. Very odd.

Running Firefox here... v1.5.0.3 and all seems well :)

Whenever I try to load the site at home on IE I get a blank screen but my computer has loads of problems with IE. If I use IE at work or Firefox at home it works fine though.

Firefox v1.05.03 here too and no problems, although as has been said, sometimes it goes very slow or it comes up with "This website is currently unavailable" then 5 mins later, all is fine again.... :unsure:

sometimes the server does get busy or I am working.. I get reports of when it does this.

You will find that between 7-8pm it will have a funny 5 mins.. server software updates itself and I cannot change the time on this.

About 2-3 am it does a big back up (hey i cannot help this LOL)

I keep getting network errors .. ‘ICAP Error (icap_error). An error occurred while performing an ICAP operation: There could be a network problem, the ICAP service may be misconfigured, or the ICAP server may have reported an error’. .. (since just before the weekend) although I assume thats not a TOC problem but one here..?

very interesting.. i will look into this

Never had any trouble here or at work which both use NTL (Broadband and Leased Line)

Steve

Can't upload pics to mods in the registry, I think the message is 'update successful, upload failed'.

Everything else fine (IE6, NT Hell)

SQL error: Can't connect to local MySQL server through socket '/var/lib/mysql/mysql.sock' (11)

SQL error code:

Date: Wednesday 10th of May 2006 03:07:39 PM

sometimes the server does get busy or I am working.. I get reports of when it does this.

You will find that between 7-8pm it will have a funny 5 mins.. server software updates itself and I cannot change the time on this.

About 2-3 am it does a big back up (hey i cannot help this LOL)

very interesting.. i will look into this

It doesn't seem to do it at any particular time, log in when I get to work (I do work tho too.. honest!) and for the last week it keeps coming up witht that ICAP error, keep trying and can generally get in for 5 or so mins at a time before it does it again.. hope it stops.. getting bored at work!

I am seeking advice on the ICAP... ;)

ok... The problem maybe fixed

Anyone else gettings errors?

I'm still getting the same error, it says:

IPB WARNING [2] mysql_connect(): Access denied for user: '***************' (Using password: YES) (Line: 131 of /ips_kernel/class_db_mysql.php)

SQL error: Access denied for user: '*************' (Using password: YES)

SQL error code:

Date: Friday 12th of May 2006 10:17:03 PM

But it's probably just my computer

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links