Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Aygo Vs. Vw Fox And Kia Something On Fifth Gear

jdavtz

Nice to see the Aygo's style and handling being praised :)

I have the video on my hard drive - if anyone can host it (19min, about 50MB, but I can compress it further if people will be happy with worse quality).

Edit 9/5/06 1732hrs:

File uploaded - download (35.1MB) from http://rapidshare.de/files/20030850/Aygo-F...icanto.mp4.html

It's 13 minutes (adverts and bits in between the Aygo sections removed), 400x225 pixels, in H.264 encoding (so you'll need Quicktime 7 or an alternative program with H.264 decoding capabilities.

Anyone know how I can edit the title of this post?

I have the video on my hard drive - if anyone can host it (19min, about 50MB, but I can compress it further if people will be happy with worse quality).

how can we see that?

:huh:

yeah i saw that today on t.v. they got it worng on the mpg test cos the kia has done 106miles which filled up around 9 litres of fuel while the sygo has done 114 miles and had to fill up around 10 litres and said that the aygo lost :ffs:

Man.. host that thing up in a site like Rapidshare, Megaupload or Mytempdir and then post the link in here!!

I have the video on my hard drive

:!Removed!: :balloon:

yeah i saw that today on t.v. they got it worng on the mpg test cos the kia has done 106miles which filled up around 9 litres of fuel while the sygo has done 114 miles and had to fill up around 10 litres and said that the aygo lost :ffs:

They showed the Kia filling up with 8.39L (=1.8458 gallons) after 106.4 miles = 57.6mpg

The Aygo filled up with 10.40L (=2.288 gallons) after 114.6 miles = 50.01mpg

The Fox filled up with 12.47L (=2.7434 gallons) after 107.3 miles = 39.1mpg

I have no idea where they got their mpg figures from (48/41.7/32.5mpg) as they're totally different to mine. Unless they're using US Gallons? (not sure of conversion factor there).

They showed the Kia filling up with 8.39L (=1.8458 gallons) after 106.4 miles = 57.6mpg

The Aygo filled up with 10.40L (=2.288 gallons) after 114.6 miles = 50.01mpg

The Fox filled up with 12.47L (=2.7434 gallons) after 107.3 miles = 39.1mpg

I have no idea where they got their mpg figures from (48/41.7/32.5mpg) as they're totally different to mine. Unless they're using US Gallons? (not sure of conversion factor there).

My colleage at work told me about the programme this morning. He mentioed the mpg figures and I was quite surprised on how low they were stating. When I told him that I was getting 57 mpg, I think he soon realised that those figures were incorrect.

I wonder whether Toyota UK will lodge a compliant with OFCOM. The fuel economy figures are written into EU type approvel law, and in this sense are misrepresenting valid data produced by an EU directive (although these figures would be issued in litres per 100km). The figures would also have a serious impact on the CO emmission, as the fuel econmony figures stated by fifth gear indicates a group D or E, which would incur greater road fund licence.

The Aygo ‘seemed’ to be less economical maybe due to the fact the stupid woman who was driving it got lost while in the convoy, thus doing more miles and maybe flooring it in the panic!

Obviously she didn’t have the optional Sat Nav installed :lol:

The Aygo ‘seemed’ to be less economical maybe due to the fact the stupid woman who was driving it got lost while in the convoy, thus doing more miles and maybe flooring it in the panic!

Obviously she didn’t have the optional Sat Nav installed :lol:

she didnt need a sat nav system driving in a convoy ! just need a pair of glasses to see the car to follow :censor:

i think it was messed up so they didnt have thesame milage and they could manipulate the final result OR ELSE THE AYGO WOULD HAVE WON THE 3 TESTS as there is no contest with it. 'and maybe Kia gave the program a sponsor or two ;) :thumbsup:

Let's face it, who would buy a KIA ? :sick:

The Fox is Sooooooo boring looking. :bored:

So why would you buy anything else than the Aygo :clap:

Kev

I saw that also. It did partly prompt me into action to get my Aygo ordered. I acquired a brochure for the Kia Picanto and had a very interesting conversation with a local Kia dealer who contacted me at work and decided to tell me without any provocation that only !Removed! hairdressers drive Smarts - which I am part-exing to get my Aygo - talk about wanting to give a lasting first impression!

Ah, fuel consumption figures. Drives me daft.

We - that is all car makers - must quote offcial figures which are obtained by an independent third party tester who follows the same driving pattern for every car. In this way the consumer can compare different cars knowing it is a fair comparrison.

They are not a guarentee of what an owner will achieve. Yet still we get journalists printing ".. far short of what Toyota claim.."

We don't claim anything! I wish we could. Some bloke recently got 90mpg in an Aygo at a fleet test around Silverstone so we'd claim that.

Anyway, it's Friday night so no more work.

Very interesting...................I have been looking at the Fox , but keep coming back to the Aygo as a possible replacement for the Yaris as the new Yaris is overpriced in my opinion.

The Aygo is growing on me.... :eek:

Is there an operation you can have to get it removed?

Very interesting...................I have been looking at the Fox , but keep coming back to the Aygo as a possible replacement for the Yaris as the new Yaris is overpriced in my opinion.

Agreed. I really like the looks of the new Yaris but the prices are very high IMO.

I saw that also. It did partly prompt me into action to get my Aygo ordered. I acquired a brochure for the Kia Picanto and had a very interesting conversation with a local Kia dealer who contacted me at work and decided to tell me without any provocation that only !Removed! hairdressers drive Smarts - which I am part-exing to get my Aygo - talk about wanting to give a lasting first impression!

Looks like the dealer gave you a lasting last impression too

Tiff is right about the seats and gear change but the car is by far the best looking and unique. I think they got it bang on correct (except the MPG test for obvious reasons).

The Aygo is growing on me.... :eek:

Is there an operation you can have to get it removed?

LOL!! :lol:

Yes, lasting last impression :P . I've had trouble before with the same dealer and have come to know the organisations standards for customer service!

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links