Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Disapointed With Subwoofer

Daniel Pereira

I'm very disapointed with the subwoofer.. i bought the sub as an extra, thinking that it would be too loud, but you could make a difference from having a subwoofer or not. The fact is that or i don't even hear the bass coming from it or it distorts a lot if i try to make it hearable. I have a blaupunkt sevilla (much better than the original radio i suppose).. souldn't it work well? do i still need an amp? does it really sucks? :unsure:

did you ever use the sub with the original radio. But thinking about it the sub should work with your new radio but to be honest i havent heard the toyota sub so i dont know how powerful it is. What wattage does it say it is? (RMS and MAX)

Maybe it was only intended to be good with the original radio. Did you install it or a audio shop? If you how did you go about it.

I use my subwoofer ( http://www.fliaudio.com/index.asp?page=fli...trapactive.html ) with the original radio (didn't want to disturb the lines of the dash) and it works great.

achterbak.jpg

:afro:

and yes, I'm excited about this :P

achterbak.jpg

:afro:

and yes, I'm excited about this :P

You still haven't got the amp in yet? You gonna do the floating in the air thing so the wires tuck underneath hidden? Hurry I wanna see it (and hear what you say about the quality). And you didn't answer my question about taking it out. Is it eay to get to the spare wheel?

tommystereo2.jpg

Got the amp installed, the wires and the red neon (!) will be installed in 2 weeks :thumbsup::yes: B) :afro:

ah wicked looks really good. Lose all your storage though hehehe. I keep just over half my boot with my sub (but its only one 10"). Good luck.

ah wicked looks really good. Lose all your storage though hehehe. I keep just over half my boot with my sub (but its only one 10"). Good luck.

I don't need that storage... :P I don't want to need that storage.

How does 10 inch sounds like, is it also 300 watt max, 150 watt rms? Do you have an amp going with it?

I'm really excited and I really wanna hear how it sounds :D

And I still can get the spare wheel. It's quite easy because the bassbox is lose in the trunk

If I can use the woofers then I'll put a video online :D

I don't need that storage... :P I don't want to need that storage.

How does 10 inch sounds like, is it also 300 watt max, 150 watt rms? Do you have an amp going with it?

I'm really excited and I really wanna hear how it sounds :D

And I still can get the spare wheel. It's quite easy because the bassbox is lose in the trunk

If I can use the woofers then I'll put a video online :D

My Subwoofer is the Actice 10 from the website:

FLI Trap 10 Active

Height (mm): 343 mm

Width (mm): 300 mm

Depth (mm): 450 mm

Driver: FLI Frequency 10

RMS Power: 250 watts

Peak Power: 800 watts

Amplifier type: FLI Loaded 200

Will record it on my mobile phone tomorrow. :)

tommystereo2.jpg

Got the amp installed, the wires and the red neon (!) will be installed in 2 weeks :thumbsup::yes: B) :afro:

Glad you liked the idea. :thumbsup: I would have done it slightly differently as I would have made the shelf in blackand the same size as the amp so that it all looks like the one part. I would keep the supports red but not make them come all the way to the front so they were not easily visible and that would give a better floating effect. Shouldn't be too hard to change if you want.

Also remember the subs will need run in and loosened up before they sound their best ;) It's only then that you should start fine tuning the settings, levels and crossover points.

Kev

Glad you liked the idea. :thumbsup: I would have done it slightly differently as I would have made the shelf in blackand the same size as the amp so that it all looks like the one part. I would keep the supports red but not make them come all the way to the front so they were not easily visible and that would give a better floating effect. Shouldn't be too hard to change if you want.

Also remember the subs will need run in and loosened up before they sound their best ;) It's only then that you should start fine tuning the settings, levels and crossover points.

Kev

Making it more floating wasn't really possible because it would get instable.

Now with this setup it will last even with the hardest basses :D

The systemtuning and wiring will be done by the audioshop :thumbsup:

Maybee I make the legs black... :!Removed!:

whats lonyo?

Lonyo feat. Comme Ci Comme Ca - Summer of Love...

The song you were playing in your car??

whats lonyo?

Lonyo feat. Comme Ci Comme Ca - Summer of Love...

The song you were playing in your car??

Oh yeah ignore my ignorance. lol :huh:

See pic for what I mean and it would keep it very stable so long as it was suitably secured to the amp box.

floating_amp.gif

Kev :thumbsup:

See pic for what I mean and it would keep it very stable so long as it was suitably secured to the amp box.

floating_amp.gif

Kev :thumbsup:

Quite impressive thinking :thumbsup: But I think I will leave it this way ;)

tommystereo2.jpg

Kev

Im liking that, looks good

Hey TommyGun,

You do it the way you are happy with mate ;) It's your car, system and money and so it should be you that's happy with the results. :thumbsup:

Kev

Hey TommyGun,

You do it the way you are happy with mate ;) It's your car, system and money and so it should be you that's happy with the results. :thumbsup:

Kev

Yes I know :thumbsup: I'm putting photo's on when the system works incl. the neonlights B)

Thanks again for the help!

tommy, you say that your getting an audio caR shop to do the rest of the install. Why? All you have to do is run the cables. And are you getting a different headunit?

tommy, you say that your getting an audio caR shop to do the rest of the install. Why? All you have to do is run the cables. And are you getting a different headunit?

No I keep this headunit for now because thiefs think that there isn't any usefull audio inside :D

The rest of the install I'm getting done by a shop because I'm VERY VERY bad with electricity :yes:

A few cars ago I blew up my amp :lol:

You don't want to waste all your hard work by wrecking the install now. They can usually make a better/neater job of the wiring and have access to better tools and connection components.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links