Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Gt Hi-def

PaulT

Screenshots are here

And some videos

It is E3 on at the moment of course, and Nintendo speaks today :thumbsup:

Paul.

Awesome graphics but think i will wait like a month for the price to tumble...

GT4 on Bikes ..

I hope that means you can do the Nur with 1,000's of damn bikers so it's like driving it on a weekend.

At least on the game you'll be allowed to mow the little suicide gimps down though...

A

suicide gimps

:lol::lol::lol: LMFAO :clap: :lol2: :laughing:

Im deffo gonna use that frase in the future :D

I think it looks class, been looking at getting a HDTV once i sell my Lotus (cant afford one at the moment) as my Widescreen at home is getting a bit old now and i fancy a nice Acer TFT LCD 32" HD :drool:

I'll probably get a PS3 a few months after they come out. Does anyone remember the PS2 launch? :wacko:

Machines that dont work, stupid high prices Etc....I'll wait for them to get out of the silly season first.

Looks nice and the cars are ace, but the hi-res really shows up how bad some of their textures are.

Oh and the crowds look absolutely appauling, I'd have left them out rather than show them looking like that.

Looks nice and the cars are ace, but the hi-res really shows up how bad some of their textures are.

I think that's going to catch out a lot of game manufacturers. It's a lot harder to be convincing at the higher resolution.

Paul.

I think that's going to catch out a lot of game manufacturers. It's a lot harder to be convincing at the higher resolution.

Paul.

Yep, thats why PSP games look pretty good. The small screen hides the poor graphics. Output it to a full size tv and it looks rubbish :yes:

It looks exactly like GT4 to me, right down to the lack of anti-aliasing (odd!?).

I had expected better from the PS3.

anti-aliasing

Looks like they are using anti-aliasing to me :blink:

Most of it looks really nice but there do seem to be parts that let it down. I'm sure it will look great when you're playing it though and it's all happening. :driving:

Is it just me or do some of the static shots look like the motor sport paintings of Michael Turner?

here and here?

Looks good :)

Going to wait a couple of months to let the price drop, but deffo going to get it - Its the law :yes::laughing:

Am I the only one that reckon that looks a bit crap then?

Am I the only one that reckon that looks a bit crap then?

I wouldn't say that but it's not the big advance you might expect given the fairly awesome power of the new machine.

I still think the price is a problem. Most people won't have HD plasma TVs, and I don't think it is going to look all that much better than the PS2 on a normal telly.

Paul.

We can say anything we want about the pics, we all know most of us are going to buy a PS3 and GT5. It's inevitable.

When the first 'Station came out there was all talk of it not being what it should be etc... everybody bought one and bought Gran Turismo 1 & 2 even though the first shots looked pretty poor.

When PS2 was being released, the best game at first was Ridge Racer and everyone complained as the date was pushed further and further back... everyone still bought one though and bought GT3 & 4 and they too were heckled for too many faults.

It's same s**t, different console. It's late, it's expensive, first one's will break, the first games will be crap but everybody still buys one and it outsells everything else combined.

And if im wrong... Sony Electricals are doomed.

Their MP3 players have flopped. Minidisk is no longer viable. Their tellys aren't good enough to compete with the leaders, yet not cheap enough to be within reach of the new breed of people who want 'Cheap only because everything breaks anyway' the in-car audio can't compete with most of the competition and people have lost faith in the brand over recent years due to poor customer service.

Only things keeping sony ahead is it's home-audio range (proper seperates) which is beaten by most too... and the Playstation brand.

I expect the tracks etc are still pretty much untouched from GT4, so the only thing they're gaining is the resolution (which can make low res textures actually look worse as they look so out of place). Its not just a simple job of increasing the resolution on a load of textures either though, high res textures on a high res display tend to look far too clean and clinical, so then you need to add extra passes for noise / dirt / ambient occlusion etc to get it looking good. I suspect Polyphony Digital will go for the same approach they did when PS2 came out, release a title close to launch that's basically the previous game with bolt on tweaks to make it 'next gen' and then create a new game more from the ground up. It'll look better than what we're seeing here and will probably be amongst the best of the early titles, but it won't be everything it could be.

One of the interesting things about the next gen consoles (or XBox360 at least) is that if you run in hi def you can actually do LESS of some operations per pixel than on current gen. Yes you can do those operations quicker, but you've got disproportionately more pixels to draw. That combined with the parallel nature of the CPUs and the fact that memory hasn't sped up at the same rate the CPUs have means that a lot of techniques people are used to using don't really work anymore and you have to learn a whole new set of skills. This means that the first generation or so of games on the new consoles won't be anywhere near reaching the full potential of the machines, even more so than applied last time round. The next couple of years are going to be interesting, that's for sure ;)

i just got spun out reading that, was you talking about games on a playstation at one point? :wacko:

i'm more looking forward to Command & Conquer 3 Tiberium Wars coming out on pc, loooks good http://uk.pc.ign.com/articles/705/705757p1.html

In a nutshell, xbox 360 games out now are utilizing a fraction of what the xbox 360 can do....

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links