Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Going To Buy An Aygo Sport

Mr_Mojo

Hello all just joined the forum, looks like the best place for info about the Aygo!!!

I have a Honda S2000 as my main car and currently a Ford KA as my day to day run about. After much research I have deceided to replace the Ford with an Aygo Sport.

I love the look of it and all the reports i've read are very positive.

Going to buy a three door in Carbon Quartz the cheapest price if got back so far is from a car broker at £6848 on the road including metalic paint, all charges and delivery to my door. I think this is quite a great price.

I've been a member of the S2000 www.s2ki.co.uk forum for a few years now which has supplied me with much advice, this Toyota forum looks as good. Do you do Aygo / Toyota club meets? :thumbsup:

Thats a very good price - should be about £7600. Sure there are no other charges ?

Oh and welcome :thumbsup:

Aygos are taking over the world . . . . . . . :D

Yes £6848 is all in. Spoke to the man who owns the company a couple of times this afternoon and he confirms that is the final price. Car is UK from the Toyota dealer network.

Also delivery could be made in one week! Got a test drive booked at my local dealer on Sunday but tempted to order the car first at this price.

i got my Aygo Plus (Carbon Quartz) for 7100 so it is a very good price.

Well I hope it works out - I'm just so suspicious of deals like that - after all there is a waiting list so Mr T doesn't need to shift them bulk to brokers so I'm not sure how this price became available to you.

I have a horrible feeling this will turn out to be a demo car or a lower grade but I hope I'm wrong - if you pull this off you have got the best Aygo deal I have heard of . . . keep us updated (and tell us who the broker is !).

Well I hope it works out - I'm just so suspicious of deals like that - after all there is a waiting list so Mr T doesn't need to shift them bulk to brokers so I'm not sure how this price became available to you.

I have a horrible feeling this will turn out to be a demo car or a lower grade but I hope I'm wrong - if you pull this off you have got the best Aygo deal I have heard of . . . keep us updated (and tell us who the broker is !).

I've had a full written quotation emailed to me this evening. The company has been trading for many years, they are by chance located within 40 miles from where I live and I have their full company details including addresses, telephone numbers etc.

I have been told the car is brand new with just delivery miles, but i'm tempted to collect myself from the dealers as I don't want some 20 year old chav thrashing it!

Once i've fully signed up i'll say who the broker is as I don't want anybody jumping in before me ;)

OK - just sounds too good to be true ! My guess is it's a dealers pre registered showroom car but look forward to the updates :thumbsup:

Found out alittle more about the Aygo. It is pre-registered but registered to the dealer on the day of delivery to me. The V5 is in the dealers name for approx six months then transfered to mine. This apparently is to avoid me selling on and making a profit. I receive a receipt showing that i've paid for the vehicle and are the owner.

The car will be brand new with only delivery mileage from the main dealer to my house (under 100) and will have the full three year manufacturers warranty.

I'm still going to go for the car as i'm saving about £1200 on list price. I've heard of this proceedure before, and it kind of makes sence as the dealers want to protect their prices.

No doubt others will think differently :thumbsup:

So you will be the second owner (on paper) - also is it 55 or 06 ?

So you will be the second owner (on paper) - also is it 55 or 06 ?

I will be second owner, it will be 06 and its first registered date will be a couple of days before it is delivered to me.

Hello,

I've also been looking at getting an Aygo from http://www.broadspeed.com/cgi-bin/bsc/conf...yota&model=AYGO

It’s very common to have pre-registered cars, which I assume these will be. It doesn’t put me off one bit and I have had experience with trade sales in slough that are another car broker.

The way I look at it is the aygo, C1 & 107 probably work out to being the cheapest cars to run on the market at the mo, which in my opinion is the whole point of these cars. I personally am going to go for the cheapest price for a new car that I find with the spec I want and just enjoy cheap driving for 3 years or so. I expect that the predictions for depreciation will be about right at about £3000. So I think you need to decide how much spec you need and how much money you are prepared to loose when it comes to sell.

To be honest I don’t think anyone will care if it has had one other owner on the logbook. You can get it in writing to prove that you were the first real registered owner anyway.

Mr Mojo have you taken one for a drive yet? I think you will be pleasantly surprised with the performance compare to the Ka. And I thought the exhaust and engine noise on the inside was a bit loud but when it sounds like a Ferrari who cares. Good luck with the new car and I would love to know more about your experience with where you are getting it from so I can have a bit more of an option.

Rgs

PH

Hi PH

Even though the car I am looking at will be pre-registered it has not put me off. I'll be saving about £1200 which means I can get the sport for base model money! The resale value in my opinion will be very little in difference, after all how will the second hand buyer know what you paid anyway.

Today I have actually sent my deposit cheque and all been well should have delivery next weekend :thumbsup:

As far as power goes i'm used to driving a 240BHP Honda S2000 aswell as the KA so can can'not see me been too suprised with the performance. ;)

Not test driving one untill Sunday, but there again I never test drove the Honda when I ordered that!

Will keep forum updated :thumbsup:

The V5 is in the dealers name for approx six months then transfered to mine. This apparently is to avoid me selling on and making a profit. I receive a receipt showing that i've paid for the vehicle and are the owner.

Sorry, I don't like the sound of this at all.

You may have a receipt but you are not the registered owner and keeper until the V5 is in your name, surely?

What happens if in six months time they forget, go out of business or whatever, can you legally sell a car that is not in your name?

There are rules/guidelines to follow on the V5 on what you must do when selling/transferring a vehicle - this is clearly not happening in this case.

Also, this may have implications on your insurance, you best make sure your insurance company are aware of the situation and are happy to insure the car. I know my insurers would only cover me for so long on a loan car when I rejected one car from a dealer and was waiting for the replacement.

I wish you luck, but I wouldn't go near these terms and conditions.

I've been a member of the S2000 www.s2ki.co.uk forum for a few years now which has supplied me with much advice, this Toyota forum looks as good. Do you do Aygo / Toyota club meets? :thumbsup:

Hello there .. I'm over on the S2k forum too (same user name). I'm the one with the loud exhaust and daft rear wing. Welcome to TOC :thumbsup:

Hello there .. I'm over on the S2k forum too (same user name). I'm the one with the loud exhaust and daft rear wing. Welcome to TOC :thumbsup:

Yep thats me, though i'd use the same name too. Forums certainly are the best place to find out great info :thumbsup:

I tried a loud exhaust, had an invidia for about two months then sold it, far too loud for me :eek:

I tried he loud exhaust, had an invidia for about two months then sold it, far too loud for me :eek:

Mine is home made, 2.5" straight through pipe and 5" back box .. heard from 2.5 miles away. :lol:

I tried he loud exhaust, had an invidia for about two months then sold it, far too loud for me :eek:

Mine is home made, 2.5" straight through pipe and 5" back box .. heard from 2.5 miles away. :lol:

Now thats loud B)

I've never understood the need for a loud exhaust. They rarely make any difference to the performance, sound absolute rubbish (better spending money on a car with a proper sounding engine note in the first place) and just make you look (and sound) like a Chav! All IMO. Not trying to offend but can you tell me what is the point ? :unsure: Or can I take it the point is, there is no point !

Kev

"better spending money on a car with a proper sounding engine note in the first place"

Have you heard the Honda S2000 engine VTECing its way to 9000RPM? Especially when the airbox lid is removed ;) It screems B)

It all depends what type of car the exhaust is attached to, 15 year old Nova not good. Ferrari 360 Challange Stradale awesome! and they are noisy!

"better spending money on a car with a proper sounding engine note in the first place"

Have you heard the Honda S2000 engine VTECing its way to 9000RPM? Especially when the airbox lid is removed ;) It screems B)

It all depends what type of car the exhaust is attached to, 15 year old Nova not good. Ferrari 360 Challange Stradale awesome! and they are noisy!

Been lucky enough (and unlucky enough in the Nova's case ;)) to have heard and driven all of those that you mentioned. Removing the airbox lid would normally imrove induction, not exhaust, noise (yep that's good because it can be controlled depending on the throttle and it's the ENGINE that you are hearing), but my point is why make it so much noisier ? Surely when you get beyond a certain level it not only becomes draining/annoying for the driver AND passenger(s) as well as other road users. It also gets to the point that you are not hearing the engine but the exhaust. From the people who I know and mix with - BMW "M"/AUDI "S" & "RS"/Porsche/Ferrari club members who enjoy modding - 99% agree that improving/increasing the engine sound is great so that almost always involves improving the induction NOT the exhaust.

Lastly if I ever see a 5" tailpipe on any car then all I think is Chav whether a Nova or sublime little car like the S2000 (great engine/chassis could easily handle more power :thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup: but only let down very slightly by typical jap detailing and plastics).

Hope this explains things a little better

Kev

The way I look at it is the aygo, C1 & 107 probably work out to being the cheapest cars to run on the market at the mo, which in my opinion is the whole point of these cars.

In fact I don't think that will be the case for a year or two. I'm not claiming to be a great financial whizz, but of course a car depreciates the most when it is new. If you could buy an Aygo which was a year or two old, then yes very cheap motoring.

Surely if you want to save a few bob right now your best bet is to pick up a used old shape Yaris with 10-20k miles on the clock for about the same price as an Aygo.

You should be able to get a 1l 5dr T Spirit for around 7k with less than 20k miles, and that will not cost much more to run and service than an Aygo but I guess you will lose a lot less in depreciation as it will hold its value better.

Aygos will be great value in a year or two when you can pick them up used and with the normal Toyota build quality you shouldn't have to worry about reliability.

Paul.

The V5 is in the dealers name for approx six months then transfered to mine. This apparently is to avoid me selling on and making a profit. I receive a receipt showing that i've paid for the vehicle and are the owner.

Sorry, I don't like the sound of this at all.

You may have a receipt but you are not the registered owner and keeper until the V5 is in your name, surely?

What happens if in six months time they forget, go out of business or whatever, can you legally sell a car that is not in your name?

There are rules/guidelines to follow on the V5 on what you must do when selling/transferring a vehicle - this is clearly not happening in this case.

Also, this may have implications on your insurance, you best make sure your insurance company are aware of the situation and are happy to insure the car. I know my insurers would only cover me for so long on a loan car when I rejected one car from a dealer and was waiting for the replacement.

I wish you luck, but I wouldn't go near these terms and conditions.

I agree, insist you have the V5 and if they refuse, well dont have the car!

The V5 is important documentation, the sort you dont want anyone else faffing about with - so what if you sell it on and make a profit, it'll be your car, you can do whatever the hell you want with your car once its yours!

You are not the registered and legal owner of the vehicle unless your name is on the V5, this could prove for all sorts of legal complications and as kenl says, this could also impact your insurance.

I would make it perfectly clear to the sellers that you are buying the car, therefore you will send the section to the DVLA and have all all ownership transferred to you. If they arent willing to do this, then I'd smell a rat in all honesty and go elsewhere.... :yes:

You are not the registered and legal owner of the vehicle unless your name is on the V5, this could prove for all sorts of legal complications and as kenl says, this could also impact your insurance.

Don't forget the V5 says who is the registered keeper only, the person legally responsible for the car. Ownership is another thing entirely, which is why when you hand over your cash you get an invoice and a receipt.

The usual practice is for the dealer to send the new keeper part of the V5 to the DVLA and at some point later the DVLA will send you directly your new V5.

I bought an import Soarer over a week ago and haven't seen the V5 yet. This is the same situation as above---the dealer registers the car (as an import in this case) and then transfers ownership to me. I'm not going to get too stressed as the DVLA is not known for its speed or efficiency.

Paul.

But what I mean is, if the dealer is keeping it for 6 months and sending the new keeper section off after then..... thats not right!

They should send it off immediately and transfer the ownership, but they're telling him he has to wait 6 months! Surely it should be the owner who is legally responsible for the car, not the dealership 6 months down the line!

I just smell a huge ratty rat!

The fact they wont register it to him immediately also strikes me as odd, surely that would be easier for all concerned, although granted it does save him registration fees, but still, if its only a few days surely registering it to the customer is the better option anyway.... :unsure:

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links