Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Going To Buy An Aygo Sport

Mr_Mojo

Lastly if I ever see a 5" tailpipe on any car then all I think is Chav whether a Nova or sublime little car like the S2000 (great engine/chassis could easily handle more power :thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup: but only let down very slightly by typical jap detailing and plastics).

Reason for the loudness, it just *is* that loud when the cat and the std exhaust is removed. I didn't want it that loud, I didn't spec it that loud. It just is that loud. For me it doesn't grate or anything, so I've no issues with it. I like sounding like a sports bike :)

I got a light backbox (that happened to have a 5" exit) and a load of 2.5" pipe and my mate welded it all together for me.

I've saved almost 20kg just from the exhaust. I also don't think it looks that big .. ;)

gallery_5600_317_89097.jpg

But I agree on loud does not equal performance. And I've gone for a CAI snorkle and a washable filter (the airbox lid is still on to stop heat soak) on the intake. Next step would be m'folds, but at £1000 a side it's not cheap.

The way I look at it is the aygo, C1 & 107 probably work out to being the cheapest cars to run on the market at the mo, which in my opinion is the whole point of these cars.

In fact I don't think that will be the case for a year or two. I'm not claiming to be a great financial whizz, but of course a car depreciates the most when it is new. If you could buy an Aygo which was a year or two old, then yes very cheap motoring.

Surely if you want to save a few bob right now your best bet is to pick up a used old shape Yaris with 10-20k miles on the clock for about the same price as an Aygo.

You should be able to get a 1l 5dr T Spirit for around 7k with less than 20k miles, and that will not cost much more to run and service than an Aygo but I guess you will lose a lot less in depreciation as it will hold its value better.

Aygos will be great value in a year or two when you can pick them up used and with the normal Toyota build quality you shouldn't have to worry about reliability.

Paul.

Totally agree :thumbsup:

Fair enough if you really want a box-fresh car, but make sure you weigh up the depreciation and running costs of both the above options :)

Lastly if I ever see a 5" tailpipe on any car then all I think is Chav whether a Nova or sublime little car like the S2000 (great engine/chassis could easily handle more power :thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup: but only let down very slightly by typical jap detailing and plastics).

Reason for the loudness, it just *is* that loud when the cat and the std exhaust is removed. I didn't want it that loud, I didn't spec it that loud. It just is that loud. For me it doesn't grate or anything, so I've no issues with it. I like sounding like a sports bike :)

I got a light backbox (that happened to have a 5" exit) and a load of 2.5" pipe and my mate welded it all together for me.

I've saved almost 20kg just from the exhaust. I also don't think it looks that big .. ;)

gallery_5600_317_89097.jpg

But I agree on loud does not equal performance. And I've gone for a CAI snorkle and a washable filter (the airbox lid is still on to stop heat soak) on the intake. Next step would be m'folds, but at £1000 a side it's not cheap.

Think we can leave this discussion for now as the pic just raises more things I don't understand about what people do to their cars - maybe I'm just an old !Removed! but as I have studied design and have been interested in car design for around 30 years now (told ye I was old) then I can't understand why "bike racks" are put on so many cars now but you never see bikes attached to them ? Like I say I don't want to hijack this thread any more but I'm sure you can get one more reply in so I'm happy to give you the last word on it.

So next two cheap mods - get the exhaust fitting properly - needs raised about 4 inches and remove the bike rack from the boot :thumbsup:

Kev

Think we can leave this discussion for now as the pic just raises more things I don't understand about what people do to their cars - maybe I'm just an old !Removed! but as I have studied design and have been interested in car design for around 30 years now (told ye I was old) then I can't understand why "bike racks" are put on so many cars now but you never see bikes attached to them ? Like I say I don't want to hijack this thread any more but I'm sure you can get one more reply in so I'm happy to give you the last word on it.

So next two cheap mods - get the exhaust fitting properly - needs raised about 4 inches and remove the bike rack from the boot :thumbsup:

Kev

:lol: - Different strokes for different folks .. :thumbsup:

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links