Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Toc Lakes Camping Trip

Kerby

Was at a meet with a couple of other TOCers last night and we were talkin about having a camping trip to the lakes possibly towards the end of august beginning og september. just wondering who is interested. put your names down :thumbsup:

i like the sound of the lakes bit... ;)

oh, and my advice, go Wast water way - away from the tourists (some great roads too) great scenery... much better than the overdone Windermere/Ullswater... (although im a fan of conistion)...

Sounds like an excellent idea :thumbsup:

What are we looking at here.. a friday night to Sunday?

There is a very strong possibility that work could get in the way for us though.. would just have to wait and see.. but still a good idea.. the lakes aint too far to travel either.

Yep - put me down. What about somewhere like great gable campsite. Plenty of room and a pub that serves food onsite!

Only issue is going to be how busy the lakes gets ... happy to help arrange if it helps?

cool nice to see alot of interest in it. lorne thanks for the offer. i may be calling on your services. right best get thinkin about location location location

grizedale is a good campsite in the south, but it can get busy as above, has some facilities..

its only 20 minutes off the A590 - so a breeze to get to...

Me too :thumbsup:

Its really just down the road :D

A

Also got to decide how long for... weekend? long weekend? or longer? (obviously the latter two options take into consideration peeps need time off etc)...

And location... ideas more than welcome.. and will be jotted down and all looked at... we will prolly need somewhere reasonably friendly to a bunch of car enthusiasts :P

Put me down, sounds a great idea. Acoustics by the fire :lol:

you know im there!!!!

Long weekend sounds good to me, good summer break and a great excuse to get slashed!

Well somone will need to phone ahead and confirm things - most campsites in the lakes wont be too pleased at the prospect at a load of car nuts with big exhausts spilling beer everywhere...

***Hands waving frantically!!***

I'M IN

Cant anyone hear someone? No me neither! Rob, no sambuca ;)

you know im there!!!!

Long weekend sounds good to me, good summer break and a great excuse to get slashed!

i think a long weekend is a bad idea...

for those of us that work for a living it would mean a bank holiday, and you dont want to go near the lakes on a bank holiday (or through the school summer holidays either tbh)..

so a normal weekend would be good, fri night to sun eve...

but the calling ahead is a must - and while they'll be used to alcohol fueled fun, they wont appreciate revving engines etc..

Well somone will need to phone ahead and confirm things - most campsites in the lakes wont be too pleased at the prospect at a load of car nuts with big exhausts spilling beer everywhere...

Yeah i couldn't agree more! Someone needs to make sure we're ok to breach the peace wherever we go!! :thumbsup:

***Hands waving frantically!!***

I'M IN

Asshat. ;)

The last weekend in August (the bank holiday one) will be a nightmare to go anywhere so I'd suggest the weekend after that, it should be quieter as the kiddies will be back to school the following week and no doubt hassled parents will be traipsing the shops for school uniforms and pencil cases.... :thumbsup:

I'll bring the Sambuca and Toffoc :D

I've been "allowed" to go. :D I'm off the last week in August but I've got a couple of spare days knocking around so I could use them up on a long weekend no probs. :thumbsup: The bank hol will be mental. I went two years ago and found myself wanting to buy a gun! Although boating out into the middle of the lake and just chilling out with a picnic was ace! ;)

I'll bring the Sambuca and Toffoc :D

You can shove the sambuca right up your bum :lol: Evil. Pure evil. My sambuca drool stripped varnish from a table I passed out on with that stuff. Evil.:ph34r:

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links