Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Help Help!

gump2000

I need help guys and gals.

Since getting me beloved back from it's rebuild, i've followed the garage's instructions on bedding it in. now it's been to the ring and back, and racked up nearly 1500-2000 miles so it should be more or less run in. i've had the oil changed from the running in stuff to some good stuff so i know thats all in check but the problem i have is that it's boosting far far too late in the rev range i.e 5-6000 rpm before you get any boost, the garage told me "he had backed the timing off slightly to prevet the crank being knocked out again" but i'm not too sure, it did start to boost like it should but lasted about 2 mins before going into safe mode with the management light on. i was told that he couldn't plug the 2nd O2 senser in cos the plug had been ripped off at some point, would this cause this problem in any way? also you cant here the turbo spool up until late in the rev range. i need to get it sorted cos i'm pulling me hair out and i might end up setting fire to a garage if it doesn't get sorted please please help me. :help::help::help:

any info at all would be very much apprieciated,

PS it ticks over at about 950 when it used to tick over at nearly 500 rpm if it helps. thanks in advance.

though im sure someone will be along with suggestions real soon... theres always Mr T

I know that isnt an awesome suggestion but....

I sincerely hope your prob gets sorted fast and cheaply :yes::thumbsup:

which I appreciate if MrT is involved isnt likely gonna be cheap :(

How does it feel like it's running off boost?

well there are a few things to check. first get the timing set to factory spec. also check for split hoses and loose clips/ pipes

then if no joy remove any boost controller you have fitted and check the operation of the wastegate (do a search its been detailed before on here).

if thats operating as it should then there is a chance that all the blades on the exhaust turbine have gone (sorry but this seems most likely) for this you will have to remove the exhaust elbow from the tubo to see the turbine.

let us know what you find

well there are a few things to check. first get the timing set to factory spec. also check for split hoses and loose clips/ pipes

then if no joy remove any boost controller you have fitted and check the operation of the wastegate (do a search its been detailed before on here).

if thats operating as it should then there is a chance that all the blades on the exhaust turbine have gone (sorry but this seems most likely) for this you will have to remove the exhaust elbow from the tubo to see the turbine.

let us know what you find

well it's going in tomorrow for the warranty work so hopefully i will get to find out. the exhaust shouldn't be too hard now to remove coz it's got a cat replacement pipe from the turbo back. and it's still completely standard no mods apart from me manifold and downpipe.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links