Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Fuel Additives To Clean Injectors/valves Etc Who Uses Them?

Leeky

Was thinking about putting some in as they claim to clean out injectors and valves.

Used them before in the past and not noticed a difference.

Are they a waste of time or do they actually do anything? Anyone on here use them?

Use a tank or two of Optimax .. it'll do the same.

I've used carb cleaner on the S2000, but that was to clean the intake, throttle butterfly and MAP sensor.

Cool stuff, including the ring trip i've had about 6 tanks of optimax go through already so i'll consider my engine clean :lol::thumbsup:

Toyota insists on bunging a bottle of the stuff into my fuel tank when I stick the car in for a service - they say it cleans the diesel injectors or something...

A

I've used Wynn's (sp) for the petrol lines exhaust etc

nearly cra**ed myself as the Cynos started smoking like a trooper - did the job though..

J

Just on my 3rd Redex injector clean fill at the moment - OK, it doesn't go any faster, but when you lift the bonnet she purrs like a Jag! Noticeable difference in engine noise at idle. :thumbsup: There again, it had been garaged for 6 months before I bought it - could have been a lot of cobwebs. :D

I thought it was just me imagining that it improved the tick over. I stick a bottle of redex in once in a while when the tickover gets a bit lumpy, it seems to do the trick for a few months.

Basicly, it makes no difference if you don't need it!!!!

It you have had an engine that has been sitting for ages, and then used on old petrol, an fresh tank load and a shot of redex or something of that ilk can really freshen things up!!!

used them on the 200 but the 200 needed them. they do work. likr charlie said if your engine needs them

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links