Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Williams For Toyota Engines Next Season?

Ian S

Apparently Frank Williams is going to make a decision in the next few weeks whether he'll be running Cosworth or Toyota engines next season....the Cosworth has looked pretty fast so far this year, but has blown up twice, and both cars had to change engines at the weekend....so maybe we'll have two top teams running Toyota power next year!

TBH i think Toyota are further from the front bhp wise with the V8 than they were with the V10, i think Toyota had one of the strongest V10s, but their V8 seems very average :huh: If you ever look at the data for the speed traps at each of the GPs, all the Toyota powered cars are usually towards the bottom :( .

Whether thats partly down to the fact that the cars arent handling as well, thus they are carrying less speed onto the straights, and are having to brake that little bit earlier i dont know, but it appears to me that Toyota have a lot of room for improvement in the engine area with this car :yes: .

I can't really see Williams opting for Toyota engines, unless infact the engines are really good and its just the chassis is really bad! :laughing:

• 8 months later...

Well its looks like they have now and its the real deal engines not customer ones. Should be interesting but i reckons toyota will have settled down this season sinces everyone is now on bridgestones and we have had one season with them on it is time to knuckle down :-)

• 6 months later...

Kind of off topic, I heard Toyota F1 is planning to take over Williams in comming years. Have you guys ever heard about this news?

Well it can't be good for the ego, when the customer team are out performing and out pointing the factory squad! :mellow:

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links