Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Back To Bruntingthorpe

PaulT

Well I had a present from work to drive some nice cars (other than the CTS of course :D ) around Bruntingthorpe today.

After a quick scouting lap in this, (slower than my other car :lol: )

pic1244.jpg

I got a chance to drive this! :thumbsup::thumbsup:

pic1256.jpg

Finally a chance to lap like Les! It was unbelievably fast, and the instructor sat next to me was quite happy to encourage me to rag it. With the 4wd the grip is very good indeed and the F1-style paddle-shift gearbox is also excellent. You just keep the pedal floored and flick the paddle to change gear. Too easy!

Next up, I tried this one,

pic1282.jpg

pic1278.jpg

The F360 Spider also had a paddle-shift semi-auto gearbox but the instructor asked me to keep it in 4th and 5th. Ok, still a fast car but didn't quite have the ridiculous acceleration of the more powerful Gallardo. You did get the feeling though that the Ferrari was just waiting to chuck you off the track, not nearly as solid as the Lambo.

There was also the opportunity to drive a few other cars but they were asking £45 per lap, so I passed up on that one.

pic1267.jpg

pic1270.jpg

I had a great time, but for 3 laps each in both cars for myself and my brother, the office handed over £500 to the organisers. Nice to have as a treat, but I don't think I would be tempted to pay that much out of my own pocket, awesome cars or not.

Paul.

ps. Thanks bro for the pictures :thumbsup:

Good for you Paul.

It's good to get the chance to drive something like you have here rather than just sit, look and wish like most only get the chance to do.

:thumbsup:

sounds like a wicked day out Paul! very nice :) and the lambo :drool: wow lol

Looks great fun, I'd absolutely love to do a few laps in a Ferrari but I'm absolutely certain my car would never feel the same after I'd had a go so I'm not planning on doing it any time soon

Looks great fun, I'd absolutely love to do a few laps in a Ferrari but I'm absolutely certain my car would never feel the same after I'd had a go so I'm not planning on doing it any time soon

..you'd be surprised.. I drove a 355 last year and had to drive home in a 106.. it was fine, only you have toi be careful that you don't carry on aproaching tight corners at 90 thinking 'yeah.. it'll handle that!'

If anyone has the cash oppertunity to do it, it's well worth it! :yes:

I'm off to drive a 360 / 355 and a Gallardo in July.. can't wait..

Nice one Paul .. Hope to see the New motor tomorrow.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links