Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

About Time !

Bibbs

I wish that peeps would just stop getting caught by cameras ..

We all know where they are, if they don't rack up fines, they don't earn their keep, they'll get binned.

i do find it amazing how many drivers go past a speed camera speeding when the camera is in full view and very obvious. it baffles me

We all know where they are, if they don't rack up fines, they don't earn their keep, they'll get binned.

Exactly. To be honest, I don't have a problem with them around busy residential areas/schools etc. I do have a problem with them on the Motorway though, as I whole heartedly believe they're dangerous. Also the ones right after a national speed limit zone (non-residential) as they're deliberately put there to earn the moula. What could be better than the threat of going into a ditch if you're driving too fast down a country lane? Do you really need a speed camera out in the sticks? If some bugger's stupid enough to try it - they deserve it!

Ummm well....

The article says that 'Mr Potter had been warned before about driving with his fog lights on' so.. no symapthy really...

A 'mate' of mine rolled his car on a dual carriageway because some muppet was driving the other way with fog lights on.. he couldn't see anything and ended up in the central reservation.

If you can't drive properly then you've got to accept the consequences. It's like if you get caught speeding, you should expect to get points/fine. Same thing.

He rolled his car due to fogs lights :rolleyes:

I was coming back from Leeds the other day with my fog lights on when a Range Rover traffic car pulled of the slip road in front of me. 20 seconds later a message pops up 'I cant see any fog, so turn your lights off!' cheeky rat! I only had them on due to torrential rain 5 mins earlier and for some reason in a gen 6 there is no light toi say there on!! Funny though!

I was coming back from Leeds the other day with my fog lights on when a Range Rover traffic car pulled of the slip road in front of me. 20 seconds later a message pops up 'I cant see any fog, so turn your lights off!' cheeky rat! I only had them on due to torrential rain 5 mins earlier and for some reason in a gen 6 there is no light toi say there on!! Funny though!

I'd love to have a sign like that hehe. Also one that says; "Do you know what braking distance is?" Or; "Do you like the smell of my bum-per??"

I've just got a bit of paper with "Is it foggy?!" on it ;) (It's a bit more abusive, but you get the idea).

I can't see your problem with the message, by your own admission it wasn't foggy ! :wacko:

can we add horse's too this too ?

We get loads of daft women on big ugly horse's coming through my bit , sh***ing all over the road . They look at me as if i'm bin laden driving past , they expact us to crawl past and turn the music down ! fu** off . There's a field go frolick in that and leave me and my roads alone......

I can't see your problem with the message, by your own admission it wasn't foggy ! :wacko:

I have no problem with it , but in my defence they were needed at the time, but just forgot to turn them off!

People traveling at 40mph for no reason what so ever except to hold up everyone behind them should be added to this.....

On my way home tonight catch up about 7 cars all doing 40mph.... thought it was a tractor holding them up.... within 5 mins there was 6-10 cars behind me... got to a point where you can see across the field to see what was holding us all up only to see a f*****g astra at the front of the queue and nobody wanted to overtake it......

Also add those twits that like to brake at every bend they see or every vehicle that comes towards them.......

People traveling at 40mph for no reason what so ever except to hold up everyone behind them should be added to this.....

On my way home tonight catch up about 7 cars all doing 40mph.... thought it was a tractor holding them up.... within 5 mins there was 6-10 cars behind me... got to a point where you can see across the field to see what was holding us all up only to see a f*****g astra at the front of the queue and nobody wanted to overtake it......

Also add those twits that like to brake at every bend they see or every vehicle that comes towards them.......

And when you do get a chance to overtake them, safely, i might add... They flash their ruddy lights at you.. Don`t fine them. Shoot `em. :yes:

This could work out to be a very long list. :lol:

And when you do get a chance to overtake them, safely, i might add... They flash their ruddy lights at you.. Don`t fine them. Shoot `em. :yes:

This could work out to be a very long list. :lol:

maybe theyre saying "!Removed! good overtake mate im sorry i didnt let you come past earlier cos your allright u are :thumbsup: "

:lol:

I like the ones who beep.... cant help myself immediately giving them the bird :D

one day its going to be a copper loooool :lol:

this is true, i do regularly find myself saying 'u just try it' to other retarded drivers incapable of following the most basic rules. it is a pleasure of driving to ***** others off if they so deserve.

Basic rules like keep left unless overtaking you mean? Get undertaken on the motorway and you've got nobody to blame but yourself for being in the wrong damn lane in the first place.

As for the fog light numpty, £30 fixed penalty seems about right. Hardly the most heinous crime and he had already been warned for it, but very annoying (esp if you're driving something low) and makes you look like a prat to boot. Of course if you choose not to pay that penalty and end up going to prison for it like he did, that's his choice.... Maybe he'll learn his lesson. Its just a shame that nothing is done about the truely dangerous, unlicenced, hard to trace drivers that are the real cause of problems on the roads and the Police just go for the easy targets instead.

We get loads of daft women on big ugly horse's coming through my bit , sh***ing all over the road . They look at me as if i'm bin laden driving past , they expact us to crawl past and turn the music down ! fu** off . There's a field go frolick in that and leave me and my roads alone......

Im not a horsey person.. never have been.. aint bothered with them at all tbh... and I can understand the need to use roads to get to places... (what with fields being private property etc).... So long as they ride single file and dont hog the road... wish they werent there... but hey...

However I -DO- understand the need to slow down and turn loud music down etc... if a horse is spooked by something... be it a revvy engine or a thumping baseline... it can cause a whole load of damage... Horses can write cars off... (granted they usually need to be put out of their misery too)...

So Im happy to slow down and creep past to preserve my life and my car...

As for the rest?... well doing him for foglights is a start... how about cracking down on those who drive without insurance or even a license too....

The speed cameras? as Caz said.. in built up areas.. and outside schools etc... not a problem... but M'ways etc .. !Removed! irritating... people slamming out the anchors for all of a few yards then speeding up which is why I think SPECs cameras are 'better' (using the term very loosely.. as I hate them all... but to me they are less dangerous...)

Basic rules like keep left unless overtaking you mean? Get undertaken on the motorway and you've got nobody to blame but yourself for being in the wrong damn lane in the first place.

If were on about legal 'undertaking' where one lane is moving slower than another and its possible to drive up the side of without breaking the speed limit then ok ...but there are many cases where people dart out of the overtaking lane(s) illegally undertake and then dart back into the overtaking lane(s). As you probably know flatpack in the UK a driver can get savagely punished for this type of illegal manouver..... if remember correctly its a max of 9 points n several thousand pounds fine, assuming were talking about blocked lanes and the people behind a solitary eejit blocking the lane up, your saying that the driver whose waiting for others to pull out of the overtaking lane is 'to blame' for 1) the other eejits who sit in the lane when driving no faster than the other lanes, n 2) the muppet who doesnt want to wait or que like the others and wants to just jump the whole que. ? .

Though im seeing a certain catch 22 in this I cant help but think if were going to do blame it lies squarely at more than just one persons feet. Undertaking in this country seems a bit of a dodgy grey area.

They should just fully legalise it maybe.....

Exactly. To be honest, I don't have a problem with them around busy residential areas/schools etc. I do have a problem with them on the Motorway though, as I whole heartedly believe they're dangerous. Also the ones right after a national speed limit zone (non-residential) as they're deliberately put there to earn the moula. What could be better than the threat of going into a ditch if you're driving too fast down a country lane? Do you really need a speed camera out in the sticks? If some bugger's stupid enough to try it - they deserve it!

I'm quite happy for people to keep getting caught by cameras, if they stopped catching enough people they'd just hide them and set up more and more sneaky mobile traps that'd catch people that are capable of spotting a huge great yellow box. The problem with cams out in the sticks is they're never put up where you'd crash if you exceeded the limit, they're on the straights in between those sections instead. That's because not many people want to crash of course and they'd never catch anyone if they put them up on a bend ;)

As for undertaking, its not actually illegal in itself :) If done in an aggresive or stupid way its at least driving without due care obviously, but there are plently of ways to do that ;) I tend not to do it as it pisses people off, so if I find one of those silly queues in the outside lane waiting to pass the lorries that have been elephant racing for the past 5 miles I'll pull into the inside lane and match speed with the queue there instead... Everyone follows far more closely than I'd like in that situation if you just stay in the queue. I still get 'blocked' by people that think they're clever not letting me out when I need to overtake though, and that's why I think everyone is so reluctant to pull over in the first place... Too much chance someone that thinks they own the road won't let them out again.

If the queue is caused by some prat that's too brain dead to pull over when the inner lanes are completely clear I'll just move to the left most lane and pass them there instead.

Its the same story at roadworks, people seem to think that anyone that wants to merge out of a closed lane after they have done are 'pushing in', so everyone bunches right up to try and not let people in and the whole system grinds to a halt. Just merge in turn, far quicker and less stressful for all involved :)

Stolen from another forum .. posted in another thread .. each case was a death by dangerous driving. Hmm, doesn't seem to be a "bad" crime .. what was Tony saying about the public not having faith in the system ?

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/england/west_midlands/4310737.stm 2 months, no insurance, drunk, unlicenced, careless driving.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/england/cornwall/3504385.stm £250 fine

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/england/essex/3028415.stm 12 months

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/world/europe/jersey/3791277.stm 9 months

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/northern_ireland/3335641.stm 18 months

YUP!!! Horses are on the list IMO.. f**k off back to the countryside please!

We get loads of 40 pmh ppl round where I live.. all the roads are 30mph to 60 mph to 30 mph etc.. so I guess to save effort they just stick at 40.. SO irritating.. and yeah.. the abuse / dodgy looks you get when you overtake.. b*****ds!

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links