Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

World Trade Center The Movie!

knowlson

Oh dear

World Trade Center The MOVIE!

Tagline: A True Story Of Courage And Survival

So they made a movie about one of the planes, and now they have to make a movie about the buildings... And the yanks wonder why everyone else in the world hates them?

i saw a discussion about this on tv. they showed the trailor and it seems the director has added a story to it and in effect added possible speech to people who were on the plane, which i dont think is right. its making this event 'more interesting' to be allowed as a film.

why would i want to see that?

Being Hollywood, I bet the planes don't crash ;)

And the "evil terrorists" all have think English accents ..

"How do Jeeves, about time we gave those damn Yankies a seeing to what what?!"

Was only a matter of time...

Very true.

What about all the black & white WW2 films which are completely fabricated but claim to be based on true events... (Yeh, there was a war, that's all they're based on.) Millions died in that event and films were coming out straight after taking liberties with the truth. (Some cracking ones though, it must be said!)

Tasteless? Yes. Surprising? Nuh uh!

Unwritten film-makers rules:

If it happened - make a movie

If it didn't happen - Make UP a movie

why go see a film when we know whats gonna happen ?

crap

Same as titanic

why go see a film when we know whats gonna happen ?

crap

Same as titanic

I missed that. :( What happens??? :huh:

I actually think its incredibly disrespectful to the families and friends of those who died.... all Hollywood is doing is making money out of innocent victims, less than 5 years after the event.

Its a bit different if its about a war, but these were terrorist acts that no one saw coming, let alone the innocent civilian lives that were lost.

Those poor people must be turning in their graves with all this nonsense.... anything to make a quick buck.... :angry:

Those poor people must be turning in their graves with all this nonsense....

how on earth they do that? :o Thats a pretty good trick ....dem bein dead n all

more seriously I cant help think a bit cynically about it all..... and Ill be very happy when only 3 people turn out to watch it..... and even more entertained when its revealed that the film is heavilly pirated in middle eastern nations and used as a glorification of what those freedom fighters(lol) did. Cant see Hollywood breaking even on this and that in itself would be a result.

Still trying to work out why i cant see myself bothering to watch this tripe but I can see myself watching the one about mossad taking revenge on the palestinians for the olympic team... quite loking forward to that in truth... no real diference by my reckoning

<_<

<_<

no offence meant to anyone :) I just find that turn of phrase a cop out for someone saying "Im very angry/upset/disturbed/wronged about X", and in a sense im protesting about people speaking for those that are no longer here to voice their own opinions, which in my mind is not a stones throw away from hollywood reckoning they would have said x . Being very rational of course the dead dont care ....theyre dead. I remember watching those scenes on the day as they broke with im certain as much concern and horror as anyone else who didnt personally know someone in any of those events. I dont support the people responsible for those atrocities. I do empathise with the famillies for their losses and I personally wish those asshat camelstrappers responsible for that day had just gone out n shot themselves in their faces.

no offence meant to anyone :) I just find that turn of phrase a cop out for someone saying "Im very angry/upset/disturbed/wronged about X", and in a sense im protesting about people speaking for those that are no longer here to voice their own opinions, which in my mind is not a stones throw away from hollywood reckoning they would have said x .

Its nothing like it at all!!

I'm not making millions of dollars over what I'm thinking they would think if they were still alive.... its hardly a cop out, I think I voiced my opinions on the subject very well!

I'm not making millions of dollars over what I'm thinking they would think if they were still alive.... its hardly a cop out, I think I voiced my opinions on the subject very well!

I genuinely didnt mean any offence DA :( and i sincerely apologise if I have offended you. Though in a way I share the sentiment that its a bit of a subject for a film, I question whether all of the people who truly have a vested interest in this film share the same sentiment regarding it. I dont disagree that you voiced your opinion very well, im simply stating that the chances of all the dead and all the families viewing the film in the same way are perhaps a little remote....

for example, some might think

1) x is being immortalized in that film... not a bad end (regarding the very brave passengers who decided to try and take the perps out amongst others)

2) some might find the film helps them grieve and move forward... i appreciate this may seem disagreeable to some but its possible.

3) Some might even believe its a relatively cohesive 'explanation' to everyone of the likely way things transpired.

4) some might even be very nonplussed one way or the other as 'it wont change anything at all' regarding their losses

5) and some... may appreciate other aspects that I believe most western(and american) people would find very disagreeable. This is based on having seen a little of it... and I was pretty shocked at the content and the presence of a certain few individuals.

I also somehow dont think Hollywood are going to make millions out of the film either and believe instead they might lose millions(a good thing imo)...

None of us can truly speak for any of those who died or those left behind bar them, and those left behind will find their experience of loss different to others who lost people in it with perhaps only general similarities.... to say that those that died would roll over in their graves carries a certain 'displeasure' from my part of the uk... I am not certain all those invlved hold this opinion.

DA Please accept my unreserved apology for any negative implications of what i expressed, I have quite probably misread what you have put and gotten the wrong end of the stick, and i recognise my responsibility for what ive put.

peace

Talking about the World Trade Center and 11/09/2001 (that's right, here in the UK it aint 911 - that's the name of a Porsche model - it's 11/09)... why not check out these websites:

http://www.geocities.com/killtown/911.html

http://www.pentagonstrike.co.uk/

http://www.physics911.ca/Main_Page

http://www.asile.org/citoyens/numero13/pen.../erreurs_en.htm

and... I know he's a bit crazy at times, but check him out anyway...

http://www.davidicke.com/content/category/6/19/33/

Interesting?

Oliver Stone has done some classics in his time - Scarface, Wall Street, Platoon etc.

Plus he is a New Yorker so I wouldn't of thought it would be disrepectful or too 'hollywood' - however I cant see it doing any good either....

Also I think these nutters saying the us government were behind it have been watching series 5 of 24 too much!

Calm down dear, it's only a film ..

If you think it's disrespectful .. you don't *have* to watch it.

There are so many other things going on in this world, with so much other stuff, I don't see why you are supprised and/or offended.

And there are also FAR worse films out there that are "disrespectful".

If there wasn't a potential audience for films like this, then they wouldn't be made.

That was a fantastic point about WWI & II films - just how many were churned out of the cinemas in the 30's 40's, some while the war had literally only just ceased? They're still being made today.

I can understand how people see this as a kind of exploitation perhaps, but it was always on the cards. I bet from day one, some movie maker was rubbing his hands at the thought of a blockbuster - just not in the public eye. Lets not forget the countless documentaries and gruesome news reports. Just because they're perceived as the voice of truth, doesn't make them any less tailored to what will sell or what people will watch.

I'm not particularly interested in either films about this event, as I suspect they'll be the usual American 'heroic' tripe.

I've got United93 & i'm going to watch that tonight...

Film makers have always made films about everything - they are not going to change that fact - even if it upsets people.

J

Film makers have always made films about everything - they are not going to change that fact - even if it upsets people.

What films would we have if they didnt upset *anyone*.

even Bambi has a hunter shooting a deer in it ..

What films would we have if they didnt upset *anyone*.

My point exactly mate - any topic for a film pisses at least 1 person off - so the more bad press the film gets - the more people want to go and see the film, to see what all the fuss is about.

J

oh how that made me laugh :D

almost as much as when i told a very young realtive that watership down was actually based on a true story with real rabbits :lol:

almost as much as when i told a very young realtive that watership down was actually based on a true story with real rabbits :lol:

Exactly .. if a film offends you, don't see it. Don't go on about it .. just deal with it.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links