Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

It Gets Worse...

Demonic Angel

BBC News

A fine of £1000 for mowing down and killing a three year old girl....

The justice system in this country just seems to get :censor: worse every single time! Since when is £1000 a 'significant penalty' - thats the sort of fine you get for not paying your TV Licence ffs!

BBC News

The justice system in this country just seems to get :censor: worse every single time! Since when is £1000 a 'significant penalty' - thats the sort of fine you get for not paying your TV Licence ffs!

If the girl's mother hadn't tried to burn his house down without regard to the fact that both his brother and father were also in the house, the sentence would probably have been far more serious.

I can understand what she did, but the courts take a dim view of revenge attacks.

£1000 is still a ******* joke though. :ffs: Shame the only person laughing is the van driver!

BBC News

If the girl's mother hadn't tried to burn his house down without regard to the fact that both his brother and father were also in the house, the sentence would probably have been far more serious.

I can understand what she did, but the courts take a dim view of revenge attacks.

£1000 is still a ******* joke though. :ffs: Shame the only person laughing is the van driver!

She was wrong to do that, theres no denying that trying to burn his house down wasnt smart and wouldnt bring her daughter back, but just the fine and the apparent total lack of remorse for what he did and appearing to care more about losing his licence than her child losing her life... its just one of those things that really makes me angry, again its people too selfish and self-absorbed in their own lives to care about anyone elses.... :angry:

and the government wonder why they have trouble cracking down on drink and drug driving (excuse the pun)

She was wrong to do that, theres no denying that trying to burn his house down wasnt smart and wouldnt bring her daughter back, but just the fine and the apparent total lack of remorse for what he did and appearing to care more about losing his licence than her child losing her life... its just one of those things that really makes me angry, again its people too selfish and self-absorbed in their own lives to care about anyone elses.... :angry:

Not surprised that she did though.. considering the justice system has clearly completely failed to give this guy an *actual* significant penalty. He should have been put away, especially as from what the reports say, that he didn't seem to show any remorse for what he'd done. :ffs:

And a few comments about the guy who killed his GF from another forum :

Another joke sentence IMHO. The crash killed his girlfriend - that alone is a life sentence. Jail is supposed to rehabilitate - does it really take 3 years of being behind bars for him to realise he did a dumb #### thing? Doubtful. He knows that every time he goes to call his bird and realises she isn't there.

No !Removed! wonder our prisons are overcrowded.

If I had to list the number one thing that p*sses me off about the UK it is that any one of us car enthusiasts could make a slight error of judgement and find ourselves behind bars for causing the death or serious injury of another and yet gangs of neds roam our streets beating people up and sometimes to death every night and they usually get the same sentence or less if they even get caught And yet they tell us that this is how society wants it? Really??? Was I out of the country during that referendum?

would imprisoning someone for a weekend for emptying their ashtray at traffic lights make the offender a better person?

almost certainly not - but it would send out a very clear message

this is what is happening with speed - ignore it at your peril

If I had to list the number one thing that p*sses me off about the UK it is that any one of us car enthusiasts could make a slight error of judgement and find ourselves behind bars for causing the death or serious injury of another and yet gangs of neds roam our streets beating people up and sometimes to death every night and they usually get the same sentence or less if they even get caught And yet they tell us that this is how society wants it? Really??? Was I out of the country during that referendum?

I guess this is a good point.. even if you're not driving like a complete a*se accidents can happen.. stuff like this is a reminder to all of us to be a bit more careful.

I guess this is a good point.. even if you're not driving like a complete a*se accidents can happen.. stuff like this is a reminder to all of us to be a bit more careful.

A lot of the time there IS someone to blame .. but I agree, why do we feel that there MUST be someone to blame.

Sometimes stuff does happen.

And I wasn't in any of the accidents to be able to tell you specifics.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links