Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Lowered On 18s

euangti-16

Ive read a few posts n they say 18s r murder to live with but i got 4 for £60 so i couldnt really argue with that.

my cars going in to get lowered 40mm on friday and im just wondering if i'll have ne arch problems.

it apears that with the standard rev1 alloys and massive tyre profile theres only about 1/4 of an inch difference the new tyres size will b 225/35 R18

cheers for any help

euan

You're more likely to get arch problems due to offset as opposed to diameter of rim.

I'm running an 18"x8J on the rear ET40 with Eibach Sportline (-40mm) and the clearance is fine... even over big bumps (touches a little).

Just noticed though that you said Rev1... mine's Rev3 so different suspension set up. Still a valid point regardless of revision.

What offset and width rim are they?

i just ordered a set of 7.5x18 Kosei GTR's

offset 42, going to run 215/35/18 front and 225/35/18 rear. on a Rev 5...you think i will have any problems??

• 2 weeks later...

i just ordered a set of 7.5x18 Kosei GTR's

offset 42, going to run 215/35/18 front and 225/35/18 rear. on a Rev 5...you think i will have any problems??

Only thing you may want to do is space the rear wheels as 42 offset will have a sunken appearance. 35 would be better (assuming an 8x18 rim). Fronts will be spot on.

I currently run 40mm front / 28mm rear. Am also lowered 40mm, so clearance looks tiny, but get no rub at all :thumbsup:

DSC_0269.jpg

DSC00022.JPG

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links