Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Mr2s Standards Subs

mrfil13

I know the Subs in the MR2 vary depending on the model, but roughly what size are they, what size did you get in yours. Cheers

They are tiny and pony .. that's all the info I have ..

I think they are about 3.5 or 4" very small AFAIK

i might get a 10 for mine, they are mega cute lol

but i dont know where to put it, in the front? in the boot????!!!!!

No point putting it in the boot... unless you want a sound system when parked up somewhere...

you wont hear it over the engine surely? as it will move air in the boot but not come close to the cabin.. someone correct me if im wrong?

I think they are about 3.5 or 4" very small AFAIK

i might get a 10 for mine, they are mega cute lol

but i dont know where to put it, in the front? in the boot????!!!!!

Get an 8" behind each seat .. the boot is 100% pointless.

the bonnet is almost as bad, but at least you get *some* small benifit.

3.5" subs, :crybaby: Oh well cheers, hopefully will be getting a MR2 soon. Will have to look at it then, then probably laugh.

I will admit to stealing the subs from the back of the home Speakers and putting them in the 2 they where a perfect fit. Still small still mostly useless however.

ive got a 10" one behind the passenger seat :) provides plenty of bass and fits there a treat.

i've got a pair of old 6x9s and i was going to cut the mid and the high wire off it so im just using the bass cone.

surely some decent 6x9s will be just as good?

6x9's are designed for mid/low range really, more guitar stuff etc. But with a good designed enclosure and a goooooooooood small sub you will get a kick, not shakin the car kick, but will sound nice in the car. Anyone heard those small Bose radios, the bass on them for 2" Speakers is awesome.

6x9's are designed for mid/low range really, more guitar stuff etc. But with a good designed enclosure and a goooooooooood small sub you will get a kick, not shakin the car kick, but will sound nice in the car. Anyone heard those small Bose radios, the bass on them for 2" speakers is awesome.

yeah my gfs dad has some, they are !Removed! heavy for the size, must be the quality magnet.

i have those 6x9 boxes off eBay from the loudest.com, they are brilliant for creating bass from 6x9s

I like the look of the vibe square 6x9s, they just look meaty. They should make a good sound.

6x9's are the Speakers of the devil ..

Speakers should be round .. anything else is a compromise for chav's to fit into their parcel shelves ..

I'z got six by nines innit.

Burn then, bin them, burn the bin ..

Get ROUND Speakers, with PROPER crossovers and a SEPERATE sub ..

6x9's are the speakers of the devil ..

Speakers should be round .. anything else is a compromise for chav's to fit into their parcel shelves ..

I'z got six by nines innit.

Burn then, bin them, burn the bin ..

Get ROUND speakers, with PROPER crossovers and a SEPERATE sub ..

i agree with that, but 6x9s appeal to me as an all round performance package with treble, mid an bass.

i never really been a fan of subs because of the weight of the units (including the box)

why not do what i have,upgrade the door conponents an wire direct to the head unit,wire a decent amp up in the bonnet bay on a piece of MDF.wire into the car to the backs of the seats.build a sub box depending on the size of the speaker,i have 2 12"kenwoods,1 behind each seat,box size is 14" by 14"frount,14"by 15" back,base is 14" by 8" top 14" by 5".sits nice behind you and gives a great sound with no loss of room or major internal mods

why not do what i have,upgrade the door conponents an wire direct to the head unit,wire a decent amp up in the bonnet bay on a piece of MDF.wire into the car to the backs of the seats.build a sub box depending on the size of the speaker,i have 2 12"kenwoods,1 behind each seat,box size is 14" by 14"frount,14"by 15" back,base is 14" by 8" top 14" by 5".sits nice behind you and gives a great sound with no loss of room or major internal mods

If you are going for a full on system, you will need an amp between your headunit and components.

Use ALL the pre outs on the headuinit.

To have an amp in the front means you have to loop the feed to the amp and then feed from the amp through the bulkhead. This can cause interferance, esp as the Battery is located in the front too.

Run the power from the front to under the seats, and have an amp under each. you can then route the wires from the HU to the amps down the centre console and then the speaker wires down the door sils. This was you have no crossing.

When I had my "best" system I have two 12" JL audio subs, 2 phonex gold amps and polk components .. all with PG cables. Then me house mate got a new car and took most of it back.

I then got two JL Audio amps in and one 10" sub.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links