Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

How To Get Rid Of Yellow Speed Cameras !

Bibbs

Linky

Pass a law allowing them to be hidden again !!

YAY !! This government is top notch for your safety !! :thumbsup:

So glad that people like Labour are in power ..

I'm off to punch a random person, shag my employees, not do what I'm paid to do AND keep my sallary .. glad to be an MP.

:ffs:

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Bibbs

• jay dh

• Lou-Lou

• Jinxed

They will also be able to install cameras where there is a speeding problem but little history of crashes.

Well... same old.. same old... it's always just people winging because they've nothing better to do..

We had speed bumps put in down the road I live on because all the old ladies were winging about people 'speeding' down our road at 35 / 40 mph.. incidently theres NEVER been any accidents down that road in the entire time I've lived in that area (about 23.. eek!.. years).

RAC have got the right idea though: Kevin Delaney, the head of road safety at the RAC Foundation, said: “We are concerned that some partnerships will conceal cameras and risk losing the trust of motorists. It makes sense for cameras to be yellow because it slows people down at accident blackspots.”

..yep..

Some article there as well taking about the introduction of 'speed limiters' grrrrrr....

http://driving.timesonline.co.uk/article/0...2185685,00.html

All that is just rubbish.

How many people drive somewhere totally new everyday... even a few times a week? I guess not many.

We do pretty much the same routes everyday. To and from work, friend's houses etc... so we know where the cameras are. Occassionally you may come across the odd speed van, but even then you know where they park.

My point is that even if they become gray again, unless the cameras become moveable, then people will learn where they are and do exactly the same thing they do now. Slow down (if you are speeding), then go back to your previous speed once past the lines.

If someone new drives along the route, then yes they may get caught - but they'll just remember that 'Oh there's a gray camera on that road'.

Not exactly a cloaking device is it?

As for the Police quotes, I know they can't be everywhere - but surely the point is that they should be the ones enforcing correct road use. Not contractors who will start to put cameras where they like to generate a stable profit margin - regardless of if it's a blackspot or not.

I know there is an arguement that if you don't speed, you won't get caught, which is true. The thing that annoys me is the vagueness of stats that prove these cameras reduce accidents and deaths in the first place.

People DO speed.. and they always will.. I can see the benefits of putting a visible camera in an accident blackspot, because when people see it, they will slow down, and hopefully reduce the risk of having an accident.. but if the camera isn't visible, they're not gonna slow down, so won't this increase the risk??

Seems to me just another way for them to cash in.. it's not the accidents they're concerned about, it's the money.

Still think we should all go ahead, and get them outlawed because it infringes on our human rights... :D

another way of looking at this, is more accidents could occur cos drivers may see the camera later than if it is yellow and slam on the brakes

another award winning government scheme

another way of looking at this, is more accidents could occur cos drivers may see the camera later than if it is yellow and slam on the brakes

Absolutely - a bit like the ones on the motorway.

Some article there as well taking about the introduction of 'speed limiters' grrrrrr....

I don't see the problem with this .. limit EVERY car to a top speed.

And I'll get a batch of Apexi RSM's in and de-limit them at a mark up.

Both my cars are "limited" to 112. Strange how I got up to 130 on the back straight @ Nur ..

Might not matter if they just go back to being gray again, but how long before we end up like Switzerland then, with portable speed cameras hidden in wheelie bins and the like? Or they decide to ditch the white lines and fudge some more legislation so they don't need the secondary verification that you were speeding anymore.

Still think we should all go ahead, and get them outlawed because it infringes on our human rights... :D

Its already in progress, going all the way to the European Court of Justice I believe. I think the argument centres on whether or not you should be forced to incriminate yourself by filling in the Notice of Intended Prosecution. Forced confessions are obviously illegal, so without any of the politics involved it should be a straightforward case. If they do manage to win despite the politics the whole system will come crashing down as a money making exercise or an efficient way to persecute motorists in general.

Why not have cameras that get you if you are driving too slow.

Crawlers cause more accidents than speeders.

Frustration gets to you and then you are likely to try to overtake in an unsafe situation.

Minimum speed limits should be enforced on motorways.

I hear that they are trialing speed cameras hidden in the black and white posts on the side of the road in Yorkshire.

Speeding is not the ONLY reason for accidents .. but cameras for lane discipline, non indicating, tailgaiting etc are not available.

I'm supprised we don't all have to wear T-Shirts with our NI number on, so when the high street CCTV catches us robbing, fighting and raping they can just send a bill through the post for us to pay.

Of course, people without T-Shirts will just have to pay a £20 fine if/when they get caught.

I dont get how it works tbh

I thought the whole reason was to prevent accidents?

If I see a speed camera I SLOW DOWN - which is what it's supossed to do and hence it does it's job.

However how does making them blend in warn you of some sort of danger ahead/warn you to slow down?

It's all ****** up :ffs:

And ban detectors .. so a device that is telling me of an accident blackspot (cause THAT'S THE ONLY REASON FOR THE CAMERA THERE, obviously :rolleyes:) is going to be illegal to use?

What's next, banning brake lights so I will have no warning of people slowing down infront of me?

Laughable.

If I see a speed camera I SLOW DOWN - which is what it's supossed to do and hence it does it's job.

What you are supposed to do is remain at the speed you were doing before the camera, ie within the limit :P

I can see the point that painting a camera grey will stop emergency stops everytime somebody sees a camera. What always annoys me is when somebody is actually within the speed limit but still slows down so they go through all the cameras 5mph under the limit :ffs: like the camera will get them for doing 30.1 mph in a 30 zone. Almost as bad as folk who think patrol cars will pull them over on the Motorway for doing 71mph.

I will also be happy for the govt. to rip up all the speed bumps and replace them with cameras, I HATE speed bumps, all they do is encourage idiots to drive in the middle of the road between the bumps regardless of what is coming in the other direction. And why do I always see Chelsea tractors slow down for them?

Speed humps .. who came up with that idea?

We went from rutted tracks -> clear and potholed paths -> Stone roads -> Tarmac'ed motorways -> Adding out own potholes and bumps.

I just don't get it !??! We advance over 2000 years making roads perfect, what's next? Covering them in sand? Planting trees inbetween the lanes on the M4 ?

what's next? Covering them in sand? Planting trees inbetween the lanes on the M4 ?

It wouldn't make the M4 around Bristol any more dangerous if they did.

Absolutely - a bit like the ones on the motorway.

Yeah that is very frustrating when that happens, but like mentioned before if no-one went over the limit in the first place then this wouldnt happen :yes:

Yeah that is very frustrating when that happens, but like mentioned before if no-one went over the limit in the first place then this wouldnt happen :yes:

If the limit wasn't so stupidly low, we wouldn't need to :lol:

The speed limits came in with the morris minor and the mini .. even the most pitiful of cars (like the Smart Roadster) will do 100mph .. but the biggest advance is in braking and tyre technology.

It's defo that "reaction time" is the weak link.

And until we can beat that, we'll be doing 70mph. (or until we have a speed tax)

If the limit wasn't so stupidly low, we wouldn't need to :lol:

The speed limits came in with the morris minor and the mini .. even the most pitiful of cars (like the Smart Roadster) will do 100mph .. but the biggest advance is in braking and tyre technology.

It's defo that "reaction time" is the weak link.

And until we can beat that, we'll be doing 70mph. (or until we have a speed tax)

Yep that's true, the Government seem to overlook this advance in technology sadly :ffs:

It wont be long before they're fitting automatic limiters to cars to make sure they dont go above 30mph....

Mark my words.... proper 1984! :rolleyes:

It wont be long before they're fitting automatic limiters to cars to make sure they dont go above 30mph....

Well atleast that way YOU couldn't get fined :thumbsup:

So it's not really going to happen then is it ;)

Well atleast that way YOU couldn't get fined :thumbsup:

So it's not really going to happen then is it ;)

But they'd charge a couple of hundred quid per car to have them fitted - and it would be a mandatory thing for every car on UK roads.... so they'd make loadsmoney still.... :lol: ;)

Look at the link in the Second post ..

Geez, some people so preoccupied with posting and not reading. :rolleyes:

Look at the link in the Second post ..

Geez, some people so preoccupied with posting and not reading. :rolleyes:

Maybe I did and was agreeing with said link? ;)

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links