Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

How To Get Rid Of Yellow Speed Cameras !

Bibbs

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Bibbs

• jay dh

• Lou-Lou

• Jinxed

He said: "Parents often write to us and ask us to put a camera outside a school because the traffic is so dangerous. It's very difficult to write back and say, 'Please let us know when your son is killed and then we can consider putting a camera there.' "

How about writing back saying, 'Please let us know when you all stop parking your 4x4s, Z4s and People carriers on the zigzag markings,across peoples driveways and down both sides of the road thus turning the road into a slow moving roadblock. Also, let us know when you child is killed by some poor driver who is trying to make his or her way through your roadblock, trying to watch for doors opening will-nilly, people stepping out in front of them and people pulling out into them and then we can consider putting a camera there. Or chopping your legs off at the knees, either's good.'

If the schools provided parking for parents, they would still park on the road as it would be "difficult to get in and out of the parking area."

Another thing schools could do, is have barriers down both side of the road for about 100m either side of the entrance.

Guns don't kill people. Americans do... With guns usually. Oh, and Harold Shipman.

He said: "Parents often write to us and ask us to put a camera outside a school because the traffic is so dangerous. It's very difficult to write back and say, 'Please let us know when your son is killed and then we can consider putting a camera there.' "

How about writing back saying, 'Please let us know when you all stop parking your 4x4s, Z4s and People carriers on the zigzag markings,across peoples driveways and down both sides of the road thus turning the road into a slow moving roadblock. Also, let us know when you child is killed by some poor driver who is trying to make his or her way through your roadblock, trying to watch for doors opening will-nilly, people stepping out in front of them and people pulling out into them and then we can consider putting a camera there. Or chopping your legs off at the knees, either's good.'

If the schools provided parking for parents, they would still park on the road as it would be "difficult to get in and out of the parking area."

Another thing schools could do, is have barriers down both side of the road for about 100m either side of the entrance.

Guns don't kill people. Americans do... With guns usually. Oh, and Harold Shipman.

Damn good point.. I have to drive past a school every day on the way to work and trying to pull out of the T junction on the end of the road you literally can't see whats coming as STUPID parents park right up to the corner. You literally have no other option but to edge out slowly and hope theres no crazy bombing down the road or dumb a*s kid running out in front of you.

Keep mums and kids at home -thats what I say. If you've got kids, don't 'show' them off -lock them away! :thumbsup::lol:

We went from rutted tracks -> clear and potholed paths -> Stone roads -> Tarmac'ed motorways -> Adding out own potholes and bumps.

They are still on stage two where I live :(

I totally agree about speed cameras causing even MORE accidents, I also totally agree that the speed limits are too low.

the speed limits are based on the highway code, that was in turno based on an "average" new car in 1960something, that car was a Ford Anglia, with skinny tyres and drum brakes all round... which means that all the stopping distances are totally off... and in turn the speed limits.

I agree with 30 in build up, narrow areas... but I don't think the motorways should be anything less then 100 as that is a "comfortable cruising speed" for most cars.. I like the derestricted autobahns... its funny how lane discapline is so tight there too!!!!

I forgot to add, Richard Brunstrom is an utter c unt. He isa prime example of why England, Scotland and wales should be run totally seperately. He has no business interfering with our affairs!

We went from rutted tracks -> clear and potholed paths -> Stone roads -> Tarmac'ed motorways -> Adding out own potholes and bumps.

I agree with 30 in build up, narrow areas... but I don't think the motorways should be anything less then 100 as that is a "comfortable cruising speed" for most cars..

i agree with u on raising the speed limits, although i think it should be to 80 not 100, as some new cars arent too sterdy at that speed and take 7 miles to get there. i would not like to be in an alto driving 100, not that i would own one but someone must!

i also think that some drivers are not up to handling a car at 100

Get 'em off the roads then!! :lol:

Get 'em off the roads then!! :lol:

damn straight

although i know my mum who is a good driver, would not even go near 100.

People seem to forget what "speed limit" means though.... if the limit is 100, it doesn't mean you have to go at 100!!! if people are more comfortable at lower sped then so be it, as long as they stay in the correct lane, its all gravy!

People seem to forget what "speed limit" means though.... if the limit is 100, it doesn't mean you have to go at 100!!! if people are more comfortable at lower sped then so be it, as long as they stay in the correct lane, its all gravy!

then you will have the issue of 'IF' people are in the correct lane, those who arnt so capable at driving more likely to cause accidents, and people driving at 70 in the fast lane who dont know the new speed limit. as it is i see people driving at 60 on the motorway, they wont go faster if the limit is increased.

then u have the issue of people driving at 60/70 while others going past are at 100/110 which isnt exactly safe. i know it happens now but if this were made legal it would not be suitable

There should be a minimum speed on the M'way lanes .. and trucks should ONLY be allowed in the first lane, no overtaking.

Meaning 60/70 would be the max speed on the inside lane. With a 50mph minimum (weather dependant).

The outside lane should be for overtaking only (as it is now) but enforced.

We should also use trains and boats for shipping goods (get trucks off the road) and OAPs and the unemployed should be banned from driving during rush hours ;)

And the "school run" should involve fines and "punches in the face". Get the kids out walking to school, not in 4x4's.

There should be a minimum speed on the M'way lanes .. and trucks should ONLY be allowed in the first lane,

i swear lorry drivers decide to overtake just as a hill is approaching, even if there isnt one, they sometimes do it really slowly to ***** others off

They only usually overtake in hills, Lorrys are speed limited, so in theory they all go at the same speed, however some are more powerful /less loaded then others, so when a hill coems and one srats to slow down, and the other is still on its speed limiter it gets its only chance to overtake.... takes forever doing it, and gets on everyones !Removed!!!

They only usually overtake in hills, Lorrys are speed limited, so in theory they all go at the same speed, however some are more powerful /less loaded then others, so when a hill coems and one srats to slow down, and the other is still on its speed limiter it gets its only chance to overtake.... takes forever doing it, and gets on everyones !Removed!!!

I think the system they have in Germany is quite good, where certain blackspots have a designated lane for slow moving vehicles/HGVs so all other traffic can pass without being held up.

I think the system they have in Germany is quite good, where certain blackspots have a designated lane for slow moving vehicles/HGVs so all other traffic can pass without being held up.

some motorways have a slow lane for hills, i say some, i mean 10% of motorways and 10% of hills on those motorways... :rolleyes:

I DON'T CARE!! But then I'm in that kinda mood today!

My driving instructor always told me, as soon as you pull onto any road, you should be DOING the speed limit if its safe to do so. Means that you're not holding up other drivers and then anyone behind you is also less tempted to overtake you in a stupid place to get past.

My driving instructor always told me, as soon as you pull onto any road, you should be DOING the speed limit if its safe to do so. Means that you're not holding up other drivers and then anyone behind you is also less tempted to overtake you in a stupid place to get past.

My driving instructor was a totally diferent breed :lol: dont think he gave a toss largely whatever i did

Something which isn't immediately obvious is that at 100mph your car (and its passengers) have more than twice the kinetic energy that they have at 70mph.

In the event of a mechanical failure or sudden impact all that energy has to go somewhere before you come to a halt.

If you look at the Euro ncap test results, which are conducted at 40mph, you can see that nobody will be driving any of those cars away from the scene of the accident. At 100mph, the energy which must be dissipated somehow before the car comes to rest is more than six times that at 40mph.

Something to bear in mind when you are doing 100mph :thumbsup:

Paul.

Something to bear in mind when you are doing 100mph :thumbsup:

some bad things can happen in life...

if a bus runs you over at 20 mph the injuries would be horrific also... same if you drink hypochlorate bleach or somebody who doesnt like you slips you a breadknife.... none of us are going to live forever sadly... I for one have no intention of ever wrapping myself in a blanket with a bubblewrap cover and hiding in the cellar. Lifes too short to dwell on what ifs.....

There was a soarer that crashed at 120 on the motorway... it rolled over 6 times... both doors still opened and shut and the driver only suffer whiplash and a fractured arm :D

Not bad for a 14 year old car!!!!

Always wonder about people who set fire to them... Best not doing that as arson is a serious offence. Merely beating the crap out of one would carry a lesser fine/sentence.

NOT that I'm suggesting anyone should go out and vandalise speed cameras. They have their place... Usually on speedlimit boundries and on hills! ;)

keep destroying them eventually they'll stop replacing them, just like the damn glass bustops in the council estates

There should be a minimum speed on the M'way lanes .. and trucks should ONLY be allowed in the first lane, no overtaking.

Meaning 60/70 would be the max speed on the inside lane. With a 50mph minimum (weather dependant).

The outside lane should be for overtaking only (as it is now) but enforced.

We should also use trains and boats for shipping goods (get trucks off the road) and OAPs and the unemployed should be banned from driving during rush hours ;)

And the "school run" should involve fines and "punches in the face". Get the kids out walking to school, not in 4x4's.

Spotted the rather obvious flaw in your motorway plan. No BMW lane. :rolleyes:

if every person in the country went out to destroy a gats then thered be none left after about an hour :yes:

Spotted the rather obvious flaw in your motorway plan. No BMW lane. :rolleyes:

Like they'd stay in it anyway???? :wacko:

Most of the Beemers seem to be badly parked outside schools most of the time !

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links