Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Should I Buy?

dawolf

Went to check out a red turbo in Nottingham yesterday. It's a K reg '93 rev 2 with 71k miles on the clock. It's also a t-bar which I want badly. It's standard except for a dump valve and twin 5" exhaust.

Mechanically it seems very good, turbo spools nicely and holds the boost, engine sounds okay and no signs of mayo in the cap. Clutch and gearbox feel okay. The trader said the front brakes were stiff and needed work doing but they seem fine now.

Bodywork appears pretty good for the year, mostly still shiny although the roof, engine lid, spoiler and rear quarter panels are a little faded with a slight pink tinge. My main concern was a small 'brush' type effect on the driver's door, looks like it may have had some minor work done at some point but it's not that bad. Also noticed a few white speck marks on the bonnet, the bloke said this was just polish residue?

I want to make sure I buy a good turbo which will be reliable and this one is probably the cleanest I've seen for ages. The trader said he'd give me £2000 for my N/A which seems quite fair considering it's a tintop and has done 90k miles, then he would accept £1300 in cash, making a total of £3300. I also get to keep my current expensive wheels.

What you guys think? A fair deal? Just after some advice, don't want to rush into anything.

a very good price for your car he's offering. i would snap it up :)

did you get it? red is a nice colour but it takes lots of looking after.

and you should see if there are any rev3s around that will part ex yours too

I took too long deciding, the car has been sold. Shame really but I wasn't totally sure on the car anyway. It's proving hard work finding a decent turbo.

I took too long deciding, the car has been sold. Shame really but I wasn't totally sure on the car anyway. It's proving hard work finding a decent turbo.

whats your budget? it took me 8 months to find my one lol

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links