Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Couple Of Issues

Jazzy Jase

Couple of issues I have noticed whilst showing my father around the Aygo.

Firstly, only the drivers-side front fog light works. Hopefully just a blown bolb or loose connection.

Secondly, my drivers door makes a loud "clank" type sound when closing it, but the passenger door is much quieter and makes a more normal sound. Does this just affect my car? Anyone fancy doing a door noise test for me?

Checked our new one - got on Wednesday too - and no probs with either the fog lights or doors. I'm sure Mr T will happily sort it our for you so not to worry. The fog lights are a dealer fit I think so they may have missed a connection or the bulb may have blown. Probably nothing drastic and the door may be missing a piece of trim - have a quick comparison with the passengers side -also check the door alignment on either side.

HTH

Kev

Was your car an ex display one - I seem to recall you got it in about a week

Fog lights are dealer fit? Don't like the sound of that.

The lights should of course work but no big deal if they don't as they are almost never used - or at least they shouldn't be - it's illegal and a nuisance to use them when they shouldn't be ;)

I would give the bulb a quick check.

Get the door checked. It may just need a wee adjustment.

Was your car an ex display one - I seem to recall you got it in about a week

Hmmm. I replied to this and now the message has vanished... odd. Anyway...

I don't know for sure that my car wasn't a display one. It certainly wasn't on display at my dealers, but may have been at their other dealer. It certainly hadn't been driven as it had less than 8 miles on the clock when I picked it up.

I'm not too worried about either of the problems. I'm sure the dealer will fix them and I've had far worse on new cars before (rust on a corsa, misaligned panels on a MINI, scratches on a Fiesta).

The sound of the door closing that could be down to the door latch/striker alignment. Needs to be adjusted if you are using extra force to close a door with poor alignment, shaking the window. - could be the door is 'hanging' wrong too.

Also doors tend to 'clang' if you have the windows wound down, on the off chance you wouldn't have had your side with the window open? Doors do have different acoustics with the windows wound down.

• 2 weeks later...

Took the car into MR T's yesterday. They have now fixed both problems.

The Foglight wasn't connected and there was a loose cable or something inside the door.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links