Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Gt Startlet, First Car!

Cruz

Is it financially possible, and I'm no high rolling rich person, to buy and insure a toyota starlet GT for a first car. Im on an apprenticeship but also have a part time basic job. Thanks

Good choice of car ....................but I feel that you may have to pay out quite a lot for insurance :(

Welcome to TOC :group-cuddles:

It really depends on your budget, you don't give much away there. I'd recommend going on the Auto Trader website, finding a model you'd be happy to buy that's within budget & then doing an online insurance quote or 2 & seeing if you can afford it. You've also got to take tax, petrol, maintenance & modification into consideration.

I think Steve's right though, the insurance will be probably be pretty costly, a quick google says they're group 12 so if you're pretty young & have no NCB it'll probably be quite expensive.

Oh, and welcome to the club :thumbsup:

Insurance will rape you!!

Very true :laughing:

My brother is looking into the same thing, biggest problem is the insurance on them :!Removed!:

So in answer to your question, yes it is possible, but its gonna cost you, depends how much you want a GT Turbo i suppose ;)

And welcome to the club :thumbsup:

Well im 21 with ncb and i had 9 points, im paying 850 fully comp for mine, gettting 30mpg and you have to remember to channge the oil every 3000 miles ideally

these are great cars mate and well worth the money!

Well im 21 with ncb and i had 9 points, im paying 850 fully comp for mine, gettting 30mpg and you have to remember to channge the oil every 3000 miles ideally

these are great cars mate and well worth the money!

And forgive me if am wrong but thats a bl**dy good price too !

Dont expect to sniff that low a price for your first car , especially a gt !

That is a very good price mate buit they are actually a low insurance group, best places to try are confused.com (.co.uk is a !Removed! mag as i found out at work one day by accident) and autotraders insurance section

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links