Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Portable Free To View Satellite System

Red Yaris 54

http://www.maplin.co.uk/Module.aspx?Module...rce=14&doy=20m5

Thought that this seemed a good price for Mains/12volt operation system.......................has anyone used one and are they any good?

It could be useful for those "weekend TOC meets" in conjunction with the lcd widescreen portable ;) :D

Seen these too, was looking at them in Maplins today.

Just like any portable TV system the reception isnt as good as having it up on your roof.

If you like it man then go for it, but i wouldnt expect it to be as good as the proper systems :thumbsup:

Just like any portable TV system the reception isnt as good as having it up on your roof.

If you like it man then go for it, but i wouldnt expect it to be as good as the proper systems :thumbsup:

I disagree, its a digital satelite receiver - therefore the signal will either get there or not - so the picture will be crystal clear when you have a fix on the satelite.

I disagree, its a digital satelite receiver - therefore the signal will either get there or not - so the picture will be crystal clear when you have a fix on the satelite.

Not as simple as that, even with a digital system you can get poor reception which causes the picture to freeze or deform into garbled blocks of colour. A digital signal can get destorted just as bad as analog. Portable system dont have the amplification of a normal home system and their ability to receive a good signal is not as good. You may get a good signal, you may get a crap signal or you may get no signal at all. But it depends where you are and how good you are at setting the system up and finding the correct line of sight to the satellites :thumbsup:

Well I went for it and bought the system.............................had fun setting it up yesterday afternoon.

It works great.................crystal clear picture and loads more channels than the permanent home system.

Smaller box than the SKY system, with loads more features....................almost cutting edge technology! B)

The guy in Maplins said they were selling like hot cakes...............good value :thumbsup:

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links